6 Reasons why not to drink pasteurised milk.

Remove this Banner Ad

not sure if serious.

It is the science that tells me that if you keep eating the way you described in your daily dietary breakdown in 10 years or so you'll be overweight and possibly pre-diabetic.
So, anything to do with the food you put in your mouth? That's it?

So, anything to do with the food you put in your mouth? That's it?
you dont need to take that tone with me, sonny jim. We ve been discussing the psychology of eating here for a couple of years.

Ive even got a badge now to prove it :D

Last edited:
you dont need to take that tone with me, sonny jim. We ve been discussing the psychology of eating here for a couple of years.

Ive even got a badge now to prove it :D
Sorry mate, I had some non-organic water that morning and it messed with my ley line orientation. That always makes me haughty beyond belief.

Sorry mate, I had some non-organic water that morning and it messed with my ley line orientation. That always makes me haughty beyond belief.

Might of been the copious amounts of junk food, all the preservatives n artificial additives eventually effects the brain.

All jokes aside, it's worth your time watching at least the first 10 minutes or so of this lecture to see why metabolic syndrome from 21st nutrition is becoming a massive issue.

To the OP and anyone else, please don't post this sort of stuff unless you have some proper references (and that doesn't mean a website that is likely written by a biased person).

Putting this rubbish out there influences people and does them no good. If you understood the science you wouldn't have put up that 'science' as you would claim it to be.

To the OP and anyone else, please don't post this sort of stuff unless you have some proper references (and that doesn't mean a website that is likely written by a biased person).

Putting this rubbish out there influences people and does them no good. If you understood the science you wouldn't have put up that 'science' as you would claim it to be.
It appears to me there's only 1 person sprouting unreferenced biased rubbish at the moment... and that's you.

i do not understand the science but would like to learn. please post some proper references to support your claim

I doubt he got banned in this forum.

He didn't, but many let the facts get in the way of a good story. I mean, if they had to listen to the facts they would see that people like Nicky are the abusive, childish people and not the victim.

I like Bazzar but he got a whack on another board and not from a mod here for something that he took a little too far. He isn't the one complaining, which I respect. We all make mistakes, but there are others who blame everyone else but themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And before the hipster army is released upon me and the protest about rules begin, I'll say one more thing.

You may not like some of the rules, but when you break rules that are really only there to remind people that they can't act like a disgraceful human, you're not campaigning for a better world or system. No, sorry, you're just being a campaigner.

If you need people to police you on rules attached to morals and respect for others, you are the one with the issue. Disobeying rules is super cool when you're trying to find a way to justify why you are who you are.

SIX REASONS WHY NOT TO BUY PASTEURISED MILK FROM STORES

1. Pasteurized/Ultra-pasteurized

Heating milk destroys bacteria, but it also destroys enzymes, making it harder to digest. Many people diagnosed as lactose intolerant are only intolerant to pasteurized milk, because it lacks the enzymes necessary for digestion. The Campaign for Real Milk website notes that pasteurization's worst offense is the fact that it makes most of the calcium in milk insoluble - meaning the body is unable to use it. However, the pasteurization of industrial milk is actually necessary, because it's essentially dirty milk that would otherwise be dangerous.

Ultra-high temperature, or UHT, pasteurization, a processing method that heats milk to extreme temperatures, destroys virtually all the micro life within milk - making the proteins virtually indigestible. More than 80 percent of all the organic milk sold in the U.S. is UHT pasteurized.

2. Homogenized

Homogenization, a process often called "the worst thing dairymen have done to milk," is the breaking down of fat molecules in milk through very high pressure. This stops the fat from rising to the top and creates a "consistent" product. It also makes milk fat toxic to the body. Homogenization releases the enzyme xanthine oxidase, which is damaging to the body once it's broken into unnaturally small pieces. Arterial walls can begin to accumulate xanthine oxidase, which subsequently promotes heart disease.

3. Low fat/Non fat

When you consume low-fat or skim milk, not only are you drinking a denatured food, you're contributing to obesity. A 2005 study published in Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine followed 12,829 children ages 9 to 14 years. The study found that drinking reduced fat milk was associated with weight gain, whereas full-fat milk was not.

4. GMO grain-fed

Cows are meant to eat grass, not grains, which is why milk from grass-fed cows (raw milk) is much healthier. It's notably higher in CLA - a fat that can help you maintain a healthy weight and lower your risk for heart disease. In general, grain-fed cows that live in CAFOs produce less healthy milk that's lower in vitamins, minerals (particularly calcium) and omega-3 fats. As far as the GMO aspect goes, we've already seen what they do to pig's stomachs.

5. Antibiotics

80 percent of the antibiotics sold in this country are fed to food animals, and 23,000 people die from antibiotic-resistant infections each year. Coincidence? Not likely. The FDA allows antibiotic residue in milk, because there's really no way to avoid it, other than not using antibiotics. As a result, they decide what a safe level of antibiotic residue is, and that becomes the amount you're exposed to.

6. Hormones

Hormone levels in industrial milk are high for two reason: Cows are treated with artificial growth hormones created by bio-tech companies (which are banned in many countries), and they are milked about 300 days a year - for much of that time, they are pregnant. Milk from a pregnant cow contains 33 times more of the estrogen known as estrone sulfate than milk from a non-pregnant cow. Nobody knows the extent of the risks presented by these dietary hormones, but there is plenty of concern in the scientific community about their possible link to cancer.

Raw milk

If you're drinking raw, whole milk, you will, for the most part, avoid each of these issues. Despite what critics say about raw milk safety, the truth is that you're chances of being hospitalized from drinking raw milk are about one in six million. In other words, you're three times more likely to die in a plane crash than to be hospitalized from drinking raw milk.

I also recently learnt that all the grains that contain too much mould & are not suitable for cereal manufacturers are then fed to cows, cheap feed.

Another reason not to consume dairy or meat from grain fed cows.

Is this serious? Sure, raw milk tastes great and all but are you really suggesting they shouldnt even sell pasteurised milk because it is so unhealthy??? Surely the potential risk associated with non-pasteurised milk is worse.

Why drink milk at all?

1. Delicious and refreshing
2. Calcium
3. Protein
4. Zinc, K, P, Mg

I was more interested in the opening post saying to avoid pasteurised milk for generally trivial health concerns as opposed to raw milk because apparently risk of pathogens isnt a health concern.

1. Delicious and refreshing
2. Calcium
3. Protein
4. Zinc, K, P, Mg

I was more interested in the opening post saying to avoid pasteurised milk for generally trivial health concerns as opposed to raw milk because apparently risk of pathogens isnt a health concern.

Yes pathogens can be a health issue hence why even coconut water is lightly pasteurised for this reason, but show me the morgues full of dead bodies from people drinking raw milk?
If drunk fresh then there's no issues.

1. homogenised n pasteurised milk taste disgusting in my view.
2,3,4 applies to raw milk, homogenisation n pasteurisation destroys the vitamin n mineral contents & splits the protein chains.
I doubt you find any lab analysis showing results of what nutrients survives the said processes, I've rang & spoken to many dairy labs & no one has the answers, funny enough the all mention they drink the raw milk & own touch the pasteurised milk.

Plus milk protein is 80% casein & 20% whey, casein protein is inflammatory even in raw milk unless sourced from A2 cows.
Goat milk contains A2 casein protein.

The issue is by time raw milk reached the supermarket located at the other side of the country it would be or close to being off, off milk or anything off is good for no body.
Supermarkets don't want lawsuits slapped on them for Heath problems caused from selling off milk so to make milk practicable & to enhance its self life it needs to pasteurised to counteract any health concerns.
I understand why milk is pasteurised, I wouldn't drink supermarket any other way cos I don't trust supermarkets storage & freight of products.
But unfortunately any product that is altered to enhance its shelf life comes with consequences.
Homogenisation oxidisers the fat molecules making them unhealthy & the pasteurisation, (heating) , alters the milk from its natural state to a processed food, junk.

So I ask you this, if your were to find out that milk doesn't deliver you the nutrients that you are lead to believe would you still drink it?

Yes pathogens can be a health issue hence why even coconut water is lightly pasteurised for this reason, but show me the morgues full of dead bodies from people drinking raw milk?
If drunk fresh then there's no issues.

1. homogenised n pasteurised milk taste disgusting in my view.
2,3,4 applies to raw milk, homogenisation n pasteurisation destroys the vitamin n mineral contents & splits the protein chains.
I doubt you find any lab analysis showing results of what nutrients survives the said processes, I've rang & spoken to many dairy labs & no one has the answers, funny enough the all mention they drink the raw milk & own touch the pasteurised milk.

Plus milk protein is 80% casein & 20% whey, casein protein is inflammatory even in raw milk unless sourced from A2 cows.
Goat milk contains A2 casein protein.

The issue is by time raw milk reached the supermarket located at the other side of the country it would be or close to being off, off milk or anything off is good for no body.
Supermarkets don't want lawsuits slapped on them for Heath problems caused from selling off milk so to make milk practicable & to enhance its self life it needs to pasteurised to counteract any health concerns.
I understand why milk is pasteurised, I wouldn't drink supermarket any other way cos I don't trust supermarkets storage & freight of products.
But unfortunately any product that is altered to enhance its shelf life comes with consequences.
Homogenisation oxidisers the fat molecules making them unhealthy & the pasteurisation, (heating) , alters the milk from its natural state to a processed food, junk.

So I ask you this, if your were to find out that milk doesn't deliver you the nutrients that you are lead to believe would you still drink it?

tbh I probably would because I love the taste but I would be pretty interested to see the evidence for milk losing its goodness when it is treated. I agree that fresh raw milk is going to be best but we both acknowledge that this isnt a practical option for the majority. You seem to be suggesting that treated milk is good for nothing which I find hard to believe. Can you point me in the direction of some decent sources that back this up? Cheers.

tbh I probably would because I love the taste but I would be pretty interested to see the evidence for milk losing its goodness when it is treated. I agree that fresh raw milk is going to be best but we both acknowledge that this isnt a practical option for the majority. You seem to be suggesting that treated milk is good for nothing which I find hard to believe. Can you point me in the direction of some decent sources that back this up? Cheers.

Yes I do believe treated milk serves no purpose health wise, it's just another commercial food product marketed with misinformation to make zillions n rip off the public.
Just like cereal, bread, chips n twisties etc...

All the vitamins n minerals claimed to be in milk are from tests done on raw milk.
Just like they say there's 1g of vitamin C in each tab, 1g of Vit C is added to start with but after the fillers are added & heat is used to bind the tablet, what amount is absorbed & utilised by the body aver ingestion is another story.
As I said earlier, contact a dairy lab & ask them to send you a lab analysis of what percentage of the nutrients in milk survives or isn't destroyed after it's pasteurised , they don't know which is sad don't you agree?

Yes & calves don't drink milk past breast feeding cos it makes them sick.
My latest fixation is gut flora, and its very common when reading microbiologists thoughts on the likes of liquid yukult and capsule innerhealth type pre and probiotics, is yes they work, but only for 24-36 hours in the gut as they have been cultured via cows milk and the human body was never designed to ingest that type of milk.

Its the one thing we have in common with cats and dogs, we drink other animals milk. Not natural.

My latest fixation is gut flora, and its very common when reading microbiologists thoughts on the likes of liquid yukult and capsule innerhealth type pre and probiotics, is yes they work, but only for 24-36 hours in the gut as they have been cultured via cows milk and the human body was never designed to ingest that type of milk.

Its the one thing we have in common with cats and dogs, we drink other animals milk. Not natural.

Yeah but probiotics are very fragile & there's reasons to believe that if not stored at a certain temperature the benefits are demonised hence why you see probiotics kept in fridges in health food stores.
But the big question is are they freighted in cool storage.
Yukult is rubbish, fermented vege(sauerkraut ), resistance starch & even cocoa powder is best for gut flora.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back