6 Reasons why not to drink pasteurised milk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your not on the books at Kelloggs , Nestle or Uncle Toby's are you?
This board is hilarious - "if you disagree with me, you're part of a big conspiracy!"

And even funnier when all the mods flock in to stirr it up. Good fun eh :)
Yep - persecution complex by fundamentalists can be amusing for bystanders :thumbsu:

Spoke to an old bloke on Friday that grew up on a dairy farm, said that it tasted light years better than anything that you buy the supermarket. But also added that you would have to an idiot to risk drinking anything that you hadn't personally taken straight from a farm.

Spoke to an old bloke on Friday that grew up on a dairy farm, said that it tasted light years better than anything that you buy the supermarket. But also added that you would have to an idiot to risk drinking anything that you hadn't personally taken straight from a farm.

So HE'S in on it too!

This board is hilarious - "if you disagree with me, you're part of a big conspiracy!"

It happens on both sides - the post ablett was responding is case in point. The difference is that ablett and bazzar seem to get ganged up on
This thread is a perfect example of people way overating the role of diet.

As someone whos studied and worked in all kinds of biological sciences, the most annoying thing ive found is this whole superfood/superbadfood fad.

The human body is incredibly adaptable and can live off all kinds of macro and micro molecules. yes, there's many essential vitamins. minerlas and 8 amino acids the body needs but these are mostly needed in small amounts and are conserved when there is a shortage. The body can use and make almost anything it needs.

The idea that there are enzymes found only in raw cow milk that are required as a catalsyt in the human body but are denatured by pasteurisation is simply absurd, for a start the body can make all the enzymes it needs with ease given the 20 amino acids and any enzymes, peptides etc found in raw milk or other foods would be denatured in the low Ph of the human stomach anyway.

Homogenization is another one, its just breaking fats down so they dont seperate in the milk, this process happens in the stomach anyway, how can it have any health effects ? what is absorbed through the gut is the same.

Dont get me wrong eating healthy food is good for you but taking it to the extreme is not just costly but downright dangerous when it comes to things like raw milk. There have been many studies on organic/natural foods and theres never been any link to better health.

This idea that having the right diet or just the right gut flora will protect you from invasive E.coli etc is a joke. These pathogens are there result of millions of years of evolution and have all kinds of tricks to evadd the immune ssytem and cause disease. No healthy diet or lifestyle will safe you from an infective dose, only modern antimicrobial treatment will do that and even thosee days are numbered .

So much wrong with this post - where to start?

Even people who have a good diet are often malnourished, to claim that the body makes up essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids is not true. Now more than ever we need to pay more attention to good clean diet due to the amount of toxins we are exposed to and the declination of soil quality. If you're toxic in an essential heavy metal, which is likely then you'll be draining other essential minerals and therefore deficient in them.

Which is a segue into malnourishment due to abnoral gut flora....

Firstly there are many species of E.coli and not all are pathogens. Secondly, a healthy gut flora is effective in controling pathogens. Again, you don't understand what you are talking about. If you have a shitful diet and have gut dysbiosis then you're more at risk of being malnourished as your gut can't absorb nutrients due and/or the pathogens are absorbing your nutrients.

"As someone who spent years working in biological sciences" - yeah right.

It happens on both sides - the post ablett was responding is case in point. The difference is that ablett and bazzar seem to get ganged up on

So much wrong with this post - where to start?

Even people who have a good diet are often malnourished, to claim that the body makes up essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids is not true. Now more than ever we need to pay more attention to good clean diet due to the amount of toxins we are exposed to and the declination of soil quality. If you're toxic in an essential heavy metal, which is likely then you'll be draining other essential minerals and therefore deficient in them.

Which is a segue into malnourishment due to abnoral gut flora....

Firstly there are many species of E.coli and not all are pathogens. Secondly, a healthy gut flora is effective in controling pathogens. Again, you don't understand what you are talking about. If you have a shitful diet and have gut dysbiosis then you're more at risk of being malnourished as your gut can't absorb nutrients due and/or the pathogens are absorbing your nutrients.

"As someone who spent years working in biological sciences" - yeah right.

Where did I claim the body makes up the 45 essential vitamins etc ? Where did I say having a shitful diet was a good idea ?

What i said is there is no evidence that eating organic natural foods is any better for you than a similar normal diet, none whatsoever. There is less pesticide residue in organic food but normal foods are still many times below the safe levels.

I also that the body can make everything it needs given the parts needed to make it. For example ezymes which are made of aa's and occasional mRNA, all of the 20,000+ plus ezymes the body uses can be made. Even the 20 odd involved in digestion.

It takes a very poor diet or alot of alcohol or long term antobiotics to effect the balance of your gut flora.

There are many species of E. coli ? i think you mean strains or serotypes? You know the difference between invasive and non-invasive bacteria i assume ?

Your gut flora controls many pathogens all the time but if you think any combination flora is going to protect you from an infective does of bugs like 0157/H7 or Salmonella enterica you are kidding yourself.

Like I said a healthy diet is important but its not a miracle cure that can replace vaccination or proper food safety but good luck wiht that hopefully you get lucky.

Heres a hint tho for the future

If its here naturenews.com its BS

If you cant find it here www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov its also BS.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/victoria-to-introduce-tough-raw-milk-laws-20141228-12ekvl.html

New Consumer Affairs Minister Jane Garrett announced on Sunday morning that the state government was not prepared to wait for the outcome of the federal investigation.

Ms Garrett will introduce regulations on January 1 requiring all raw milk sold in Victoria to include a bittering agent.

The agent, commonly used in varnish to prevent nail-biting, would make treated milk "absolutely unpalatable" and the drinker would "recoil in horror", Ms Garrett said.

Now with more bittering agent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will you keep drinking raw milk with nail biting fluid in it
More to the point, Reep, will your slaves still lick you clean after your daily raw milk bath?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back