Official Club Stuff 2015 Membership - target 60 000+ REACHED

Remove this Banner Ad

2738 registrations for new memberships - I hope that includes multiple memberships per registration eg family membership of 2 adults + 2 or more kids is counted as 1 registration not 4 or more.

With this interest so early on, 60 000 no longer seems a Question.. 65 000 is becoming more probable.

I know I'll be purchasing a second membership for friends, plenty of others have indicated the same.

My prediction - 11 game members will rise to a healthy level well around the Crows marker & 3 game, country, interstate & International memberships will easily tip us over the edge of 60 000, pushing towards much more.

Can't wait for the day we can clearly claim more members than the Crows, smells like 2015.. wait and see.

Who know, we might even be able to challenge Collingwoods numbers post 2015.. :eek:

If we leave 5,000 seats in total in the 2 new stands just for 3 game memberships and have some restrictions on which 3 games people can watch, then those 5K seats x 11 games = 55K availahle game day seats means we could sell about 17,000 x 3 game memberships.

I'm advising any Port supporters I know/meet who are not members or who are pay at the gate types and who are considering their options for 2015 to pre-register ASAP otherwise they may well miss out - a friend of mine wants to join us in Essential Power in the Western Stand and I told him (after finding out from our club) that only Essential Power Gold (does not include guaranteed AFL GF ticket access) will be available as all EP Platinum (does include guaranteed AFL GF ticket access, should we make it) sold out in 2014 and there is a "wait list" for a small fee if you want to eventually secure an EPP membership - he has already pre-registered - based on pre-registrations so far it looks like we'll easily go over 60,000 members next year.:cool::D

What about upgrades? That would just go with your standard membership application wouldn't it?
Plenty will be trying to upgrade to a higher level I reckon.

Will we go through the whole year without a home game below 40,000?

I think we might have 1 game under 40,000, hopefully none. We had 4 games under 40,000 this season against Brisbane, Fremantle, Western Bulldogs and Melbourne. They were all on Saturday Afternoons which is always a poor time slot for us. We will have less games on Saturday afternoons because we will get more night games and we will have a tougher draw and play less games against the bottom end clubs.

i just hope we get as many 11 game memberships as possible.
(not really talking about port here) for me 3 game memberships have alot to do with poor crowd numbers across the league. it wasnt long ago you couldnt buy 3 game memberships and the only one that counted was 11 gamers, now its about making the clubs feel and look better by selling three game memberships meaning most of those only go to three games a year. now if they had to buy 11 games to be a member, they would either attend more games they have access to, or give (maybe sell) their tickets to friends so they still get used and people still attend the games.

Will we go through the whole year without a home game below 40,000?
Depends who we are given at AO. Some teams will always draw smaller crowds than others. Melbourne drew 37894 and the Western Bulldogs 34258. With the increase in pre-registrations it would at first appear that there will be enough memberships to push those figures up to 40000. But pre-registration may not necessarily mean an 11-game membership and all of those pre-registered people may only be going to the blockbuster matches. I think ones like Melbourne, which was only 2000 off, and Freo, which wasn't too far off 40000 either, may get to that level. The Bulldogs I can't see improving greatly in 2015 and I doubt if the crowd will either. If Brisbane are having a good year we can expect over 40000 for them. St Kilda are in for a bad year and bad crowds.

But as I said, it depends who we are scheduled to play.

(not really talking about port here) for me 3 game memberships have alot to do with poor crowd numbers across the league. it wasnt long ago you couldnt buy 3 game memberships and the only one that counted was 11 gamers, now its about making the clubs feel and look better by selling three game memberships meaning most of those only go to three games a year. now if they had to buy 11 games to be a member, they would either attend more games they have access to, or give (maybe sell) their tickets to friends so they still get used and people still attend the games.

Selling more 3-game memberships would influence the crowd numbers, as they are more likely to be used.. 11 game members tend to float in and out without any guarantee they'll pass on their membership to friends or family.. having said that, doubt people will want to miss any games in 2015.

I think the club should set up a link on their webpage that allows members to log on and then register their ticket number as 'not attending' any games they know they'll miss, so the club can then release any spare seats for general admission ticket sales to Maximise the crowd numbers..
Don't know if this has already been suggested..

I know people were sharing tickets on this Facebook page last season

https://www.facebook.com/groups/249575001913561/

Got a little untidy towards the end, but admin eventually got on top of any unsavoury characters.

11 gamers were there to get the initial money into the clubs coffers up front.The 3 gamers were promoted heavily later to get bandwagon jumpers on board to fill vacant seats. I think it was cheaper to buy 3 gamers than day passes and you hoped they would come back again as they had already paid.

We'll be going from 2 Vic memberships and 2 Essential Power memberships to 9 Essential Power Platinum memberships, so that should help.
Can you do that and still get into games Interstate/Vicoria?I guess if you have paid overs then the club can still get you a ticket

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With this interest so early on, 60 000 no longer seems a Question.. 65 000 is becoming more probable.

I know I'll be purchasing a second membership for friends, plenty of others have indicated the same.

My prediction - 11 game members will rise to a healthy level well around the Crows marker & 3 game, country, interstate & International memberships will easily tip us over the edge of 60 000, pushing towards much more.

Can't wait for the day we can clearly claim more members than the Crows, smells like 2015.. wait and see.

Who know, we might even be able to challenge Collingwoods numbers post 2015.. :eek:

We need to come up with some kind of fancy international membership package and get our friends from China to jump on board.

We need to come up with some kind of fancy international membership package and get our friends from China to jump on board.
My Dad was a member of Liverpool football club.It was only something like 30 pounds a year just to say you were a member.It was automatic renewal but he reckons he got a new credit card with expiry date and it never upgraded and he hasn't heard from them since.

Every membership should come with the normal plastic card AND a PDF eTicket that can be accessed through your online club membership account.

This way you can email your ticket to family and friends or anyone for them to print out at home without the risk of them losing or not returning the plastic ticket in time for the next game.

This would be especially handy for the interstate and country members to hand over unused tickets!

Surely in this day and age this would be a very simple thing to achieve!!

Every membership should come with the normal plastic card AND a PDF eTicket that can be accessed through your online club membership account.

This way you can email your ticket to family and friends or anyone for them to print out at home without the risk of them losing or not returning the plastic ticket in time for the next game.

This would be especially handy for the interstate and country members to hand over unused tickets!

Surely in this day and age this would be a very simple thing to achieve!!
I read somewhere it was a complication with the ticket companies. Port use Ticketmaster and the AO use ticketek

Last season the AFL came up with an International Membership for the club of your choice, with cost including discounted purchase of the Global Pass on watchafl.afl.com.au

This was an excellent idea / deal that arrived too late for those like me who had already separately purchased Club membership and the Global Pass.

For 2015, if the same package is promoted early enough and openly enough through all club websites as well as the AFL's own, this should result in an uplift of new International members to the tune of several thousand for PAFC.

Last season the AFL came up with an International Membership for the club of your choice, with cost including discounted purchase of the Global Pass on watchafl.afl.com.au

This was an excellent idea / deal that arrived too late for those like me who had already separately purchased Club membership and the Global Pass.

For 2015, if the same package is promoted early enough and openly enough through all club websites as well as the AFL's own, this should result in an uplift of new International members to the tune of several thousand for PAFC.

It would help interstate members if made available in oz

As long as existing members get to renew their seats or upgrade(I'm planning on upgrading), before more of the happy bandwagoners who are more then welcome, I'll be happy.
But if I miss out because some dick who just decided to get on board, who was nowhere to be seen between the 2007 GF loss and the start of 2013, I'll be mightily pissed off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back