Official Club Stuff 2015 Membership - target 60 000+ REACHED

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
is this the pantone number 320?
Screen_Shot_2013-01-21_at_00_53_07.png

poloteal_front1.jpg
With such an astute eye can you come paint my house?

AdsGoNads

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2014
SA Great
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brøndby IF, Adelaide City FC
60k would send us Top 4 for Members in the AFL for 2015 ... (assuming Essendon lose their predicted 20k :p)

Interesting summary of 2014 tally -

74605_1e7dad65cb06ed630df57c0d96037913.jpg

I don't see why we couldn't get at least another 5,000 members signing on for 2015 and beyond. I'll be getting myself a membership for the first time in a couple of years, and will also be getting one for my currently 4 month old daughter, so that's 2 extra already.

Aug 31, 2010
Port Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
Anyone filling in the survey emailed by the club? Chance to win a 2014 signed Guernsey. I filled it out, theres a catch at the end though. The last question has to be answered to win the Guernsey. And was something along the lines of

" If you were a part of the membership team, what would you do to make 2015 a better experience for members "

I found it hard to answer, because im not a fussy person, but i got there in the end.

cj_09

Premiership Player
Oct 14, 2012
Probably out prospecting for gold.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle United
Anyone filling in the survey emailed by the club? Chance to win a 2014 signed Guernsey. I filled it out, theres a catch at the end though. The last question has to be answered to win the Guernsey. And was something along the lines of

" If you were a part of the membership team, what would you do to make 2015 a better experience for members "

I found it hard to answer, because im not a fussy person, but i got there in the end.

Did it and answered the last question.

The latest Roy Morgan AFL related survey that came out just before GF. They arent perfect and there is always skewing for the northern state teams to the casual end of supporters but the methodology over the last 12 years has been consistent. I have put up the graph of supporter numbers from this survey, you can read the rest at the link, and cut and pasted graphs from previous surveys.

http://www.roymorgan.com/findings/5838-afl-supporteres-2014-201409260552

5838c1.jpg

http://www.roymorgan.com/findings/5838-afl-supporteres-2014-201409260552

2005 survey

upload_2014-10-4_20-16-35.png

upload_2014-10-4_20-15-31.png

upload_2014-10-4_20-18-35.png

upload_2014-10-4_20-21-4.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-10-4_20-14-2.png
    upload_2014-10-4_20-14-2.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 14

Dalphonso

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2009
Alice Springs NT
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Territory Thunder,Waratahs FC
This thread has the colour and links. But as I said in that thread and my previous post - the brightness of your monitor will effect how the colour looks. The chart you put up 320 looks "greener" than the 320 I posted.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/actual-teal-colour-help-needed.1025885/#post-29668802
That other thread was accidentally bumped because I was scrawling through pages because nothing new was coming forth.I walked away from the computer for an hour or so and looked at the teal page when I came back.Not thinking that I had gone back four or five pages.I thought I was commenting on this post. That is the reason it was bumped not for being a smart arse.

That other thread was accidentally bumped because I was scrawling through pages because nothing new was coming forth.I walked away from the computer for an hour or so and looked at the teal page when I came back.Not thinking that I had gone back four or five pages.I thought I was commenting on this post. That is the reason it was bumped not for being a smart arse.

I didnt think you were being a smart arse. The bump seemed reasonable from what I remember of it.

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys

I found it difficult to answer too, then I recalled one of the major gripes commented on when finals ticketing came up. So I suggested that ALL finals, not just GF should be done on a priority basis. Although the earlier finals priority could be for all 11-game memberships, whereas the GF guarantee and priority would continue as it is currently.

Aug 31, 2010
Port Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
I found it difficult to answer too, then I recalled one of the major gripes commented on when finals ticketing came up. So I suggested that ALL finals, not just GF should be done on a priority basis. Although the earlier finals priority could be for all 11-game memberships, whereas the GF guarantee and priority would continue as it is currently.
Yea good answer. Mine was along the lines of rewarding members that live a certain distance away from Adelaide and have to travel to get to every home game. Not a huge reward mind you, because we love our club and its no chore to travel anyway. Maybe a free meal or a beer at the club. We have dinner there and copious beers every home game, so im just being selfish :p

Thats all i could come up with, because im happy with my membership and to financially support my club.

Aug 31, 2010
Port Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
Yea good answer. Mine was along the lines of rewarding members that live a certain distance away from Adelaide and have to travel to get to every home game. Not a huge reward mind you, because we love our club and its no chore to travel anyway. Maybe a free meal or a beer at the club. We have dinner there and copious beers every home game, so im just being selfish :p

Thats all i could come up with, because im happy with my membership and to financially support my club.
What im getting at there is not for any personal gain whatsoever. I would forgo any freebies from my club. But it may help drag in a few more country memberships. 11 gamers im talking about.

Needs more breakdown of pet membership numbers.

Which clubs had the biggest litters??

I upgraded my gerbil to platinum in time for finals.

Unfortunately 'Flipper' wouldn't have been able to take his seat in the Great Southern Stand even if we had beaten the Hawks :stern look

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Mine was that all the new members were great, but they need to do something to reward long term (10+ Years) members for their continued support.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
60k would send us Top 4 for Members in the AFL for 2015 ... (assuming Essendon lose their predicted 20k :p)

Interesting summary of 2014 tally -

74605_1e7dad65cb06ed630df57c0d96037913.jpg

The SMA membership was skewed based on which SANFL club you supported - if you indicated you followed Magpies meant you followed Power (not all Maggies followers do though) and following the other 9 clubs meant you followed the Clowns (but many Power followers support other SANFL clubs).

So the sharing/allocation process is flawed.

And anyway, if at least $50 goes to both PAFC and AFC then we should be able to count these as dual members of both sides.

Portia

#DrewBlood
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog Port Adelaide - Jesse Palmer Player Sponsor 2017 Podcaster Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2001
Fragile bastion of liberalism
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens
Interesting to see Essendon membership grew.

"This is the perfect time to become an Essendon member"

Who are these people?

Interesting to see Essendon membership grew.

"This is the perfect time to become an Essendon member"

Who are these people?

Those people from that club that like to be "punished"

cheese, dips, chains, whips.

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If we do get 60,000 Members and they all decide to watch a game at Adelaide Oval wonder where they are all going to sit/stand when Oval only holds 53,500 lol

AdsGoNads

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2014
SA Great
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brøndby IF, Adelaide City FC
If we do get 60,000 Members and they all decide to watch a game at Adelaide Oval wonder where they are all going to sit/stand when Oval only holds 53,500 lol

I'd assume the club would either anticipate this & email 3 game members to lock in their entry ticket with their barcode through TicketMaster..

or

It will be a first in first served situation at the gate for 3-gamers.. ;)

SuperEgz

Team Captain
Aug 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The SMA membership was skewed based on which SANFL club you supported - if you indicated you followed Magpies meant you followed Power (not all Maggies followers do though) and following the other 9 clubs meant you followed the Clowns (but many Power followers support other SANFL clubs).

So the sharing/allocation process is flawed.

And anyway, if at least $50 goes to both PAFC and AFC then we should be able to count these as dual members of both sides.

Why can't they just ask SMA members who they support when they fill out the membership form?

Back