BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Eat the rich is one of my favourite movies and easily my favourite Motorhead song,bless Lemmy he was on to it.
Great film.
Named our kitten Nosher.
Great characters thruout.
The Poms are funny buggers when they want to be.

Aug 20, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
- Charles Koch & David Koch are from what I read not good people.
- Gates monopoly is wrong
- Waltons wallmart is a dodgy practice. Gets handouts, slave-labour-like wages
- Slim monopoly telecoms, tobacco
- Zuckerberg a bitch to the NSA watching you like BigBrother, ditto Google
- Fissolo exploiting Africans

Many of the 62 getting richer by petrochemicals, oil & gas which doesn't help the planets health. Your romanticized notion of 'blood sweat and tears' is cute. Yet its worth taking into consideration how wealth has historically come from colonization, slavery, modern-economic slavery, general rape of the planets resources. (water, trees, animals)

62 people have more wealth than half the worlds population is silly.

The trend:
How many wealthy people have you met? How many have you personally seen work their arse off for years to finally get a bit of success? How many people have you seen take a risk and have it fail around them?

It's not a romanticised notion, it's a reality.

What does Gates have a monopoly in?
Doubt you'll find many companies that say no to the NSA. Think that is being unfair.
Walton's are dicks

awaremind

Premiership Player
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
As long as they continue to cure Polio I'm pretty happy, aren't you?
But by the time polio is cured the oceans will be so full of carbon there will be no more fish living. Because some ultra rich powerful lobbyist bribed the abbot government to say wind turbines are Unsightly!!! Renewable energy is pushed back another decade. In any case if you want to be a billionaire, rather than enjoying every present moment as it comes you are a fool. You can't take a cent with you, in it doesn't seem to help Gina and Clive being anything but whiny, greedy spoilt children with narcissism issues.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
But by the time polio is cured the oceans will be so full of carbon there will be no more fish living. Because some ultra rich powerful lobbyist bribed the abbot government to say wind turbines are Unsightly!!! Renewable energy is pushed back another decade. In any case if you want to be a billionaire, rather than enjoying every present moment as it comes you are a fool. You can't take a cent with you, in it doesn't seem to help Gina and Clive being anything but whiny, greedy spoilt children with narcissism issues.
This post is hilarious. You are out there with the pixies!

Last edited:

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
This is one thing I do agree with. They should not of been bailed out.

It seems like they are already positioning to do that again. On the TV the other night it shows palmer has already set up a couple of companies as prime creditors when his smelter? goes ****-up. and hes a minor player whos probably very clumsy at covering his tracks

EagleShore

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
you keep living in your bubble... there is no reason why 3.5 billion more people couldnt have a reasonable level of living. You sound like you are pretty comfortable in your position on the ladder. Thats how ponzi schemes work.
Correct. That bubble is exactly what keeps the majority from really challenging the status quo. It's the "Oh what can be done about it?" or the "I'm alright, Jack!" mentality of people like LLHFC that prevails and is rewarded by both an impotent political system beholden to multinational corporate greed, and the mainstream media with their propagandistic and placative directives.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
the current system has failed. The wars we are seeing... the loss of human rights.... the constant laws that get introduced in to take away peoples privacy rights etc etc... The terrorist laws ... etc etc... are all being put in for 1 reason. Those at the top dont want to lose their position of control and power. The own the governments they own armies..... and they already own us us.
I am 100% against the US gun laws....BUT... you have to wonder disarming the population in the most powerful country in the world leaving it powerless against these psychopaths is such a great idea.
Sounds like you are far from 100 percent against US gun laws.

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
the question should be not "how much wealth", but, "how do they expend the wealth and how much do they expend". If it is merely investment, I think this is a trivial issue.

Now what was the margins they had on the trillions they made, had they somehow been rent-seekers or gamed the system or like the Emirati just happened to be titled to the sand over our oil?

The issue is what role this equity performs on the earths population.

If they were like NBA players and just staying home playing Playstation and having Pringles and Budweiser and impregnanting a dozen different baby momas like the baby moma MVP Sean Kemp... with their trillions, then yeah, starting whinging...

Oct 4, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Lightning
Why not let the market decide through supply and demand?

If the government and scientists know the best technologies to achieve a certain end and prevent a global problem, why should they completely ignore this and hand the reigns to chance in a chaotic system?

Last edited:

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
maybe a valid point hat if all these people tried to liquidate their assets at the same time, the value would plummet. so while the wealth and power is obscene, the figures are not relevant to the real world and its resources. the same is not true of the other half of the world, whos wealth has a very direct relationship to the resources of the world. eg the family owns one donkey and some cooking implements

Oct 4, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Lightning
Some things need to be regulated, some don't. I actually think we'd go a long way by just regulating against dishonest marketing and FUD campaigns. I'm pretty sure the original intent wasn't to have massive companies distorting science and truth for the public so they can stay on top. Also closing any loopholes that let companies fund media organisations and government think tanks so these organisations can do the distorting for them.

Subutai

All Australian
Nov 28, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
How many wealthy people have you met? How many have you personally seen work their arse off for years to finally get a bit of success? How many people have you seen take a risk and have it fail around them?

It's not a romanticised notion, it's a reality.

What does Gates have a monopoly in?
Doubt you'll find many companies that say no to the NSA. Think that is being unfair.
Walton's are dicks

I've meet many 'wealthy people', yet I feel it important to differentiated between a regular wealthy person, and someone of such wealth that 62 of them own more than three point seven billion people.

Long Live HFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Correct. That bubble is exactly what keeps the majority from really challenging the status quo. It's the "Oh what can be done about it?" or the "I'm alright, Jack!" mentality of people like LLHFC that prevails and is rewarded by both an impotent political system beholden to multinational corporate greed, and the mainstream media with their propagandistic and placative directives.

whereas the waste of bandwidth that defines your or the OP's posts are changing the world!

i just wanted to point out the hypocrisy of those of western privilege complaining about western privilege. the bottom 10% could just as easily make a case against those of us in the top 10% for being underserving beneficiaries of "the system". but i bet none of you/us would enjoy or support a redistribution of our wealth! no, it's only the people wealthier than we are that "deserve" to have their assets stolen.

Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
I've meet many 'wealthy people', yet I feel it important to differentiated between a regular wealthy person, and someone of such wealth that 62 of them own more than three point seven billion people.

Shouldn't the issue not be with the wealth of those 62 but the welfare of those 3.7 billion? Cutting the 62 down isn't going to improve the lot of the 3.7 billion.

I'd also guess that any one of those wealthy people that you have met probably has greater wealth than at least a couple of billion put together.

Oct 4, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Lightning
whereas the waste of bandwidth that defines your or the OP's posts are changing the world!

i just wanted to point out the hypocrisy of those of western privilege complaining about western privilege. the bottom 10% could just as easily make a case against those of us in the top 10% for being underserving beneficiaries of "the system". but i bet none of you/us would enjoy or support a redistribution of our wealth! no, it's only the people wealthier than we are that "deserve" to have their assets stolen.

It's a good point. Not to mention that some of the extremely rich use their power to improve/advance the world.

For example, if you took all the money from an active entrepreneur like Elon Musk and gave $4 to each of the poorest 50% of people, you wouldn't make a huge change for the poor people and you would probably deny the world a lot of future technology. Similarly, if you took all the money from a philanthropist like Bill Gates and gave $24 to each of the poorest 50% of people, you still wouldn't make a huge change for the poor people, and you would stop initiatives like transparent NGOs for charity and vaccinations in the poorest countries in Africa.

Back