Sep 26, 2013
Red Corner
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boxing
I see it. But I don't believe it!

837425-9d0bb460-8e29-11e3-85e9-380f5af7df8a.jpg

FORMER world heavyweight boxing champion Joe Bugner is coming out of retirement on the Gold Coast.

The 63-year-old "Aussie Joe" will announce details of his fight at a Surfers Paradise hotel on Saturday.

www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/retired-boxer-joe-bugner-will-return-to-the-ring/story-fnj94ixl-1226818837452

This appears to have fizzled to a complete non-story. Probably the best possible outcome.

I see it. But I don't believe it!

837425-9d0bb460-8e29-11e3-85e9-380f5af7df8a.jpg

FORMER world heavyweight boxing champion Joe Bugner is coming out of retirement on the Gold Coast.

The 63-year-old "Aussie Joe" will announce details of his fight at a Surfers Paradise hotel on Saturday.

www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/retired-boxer-joe-bugner-will-return-to-the-ring/story-fnj94ixl-1226818837452
Did Joe ever actually win a heavyweight world title. Came close against the best years ago , but I didn't think he won a world title, not one worthy of the name at least , in those days.

Did Joe ever actually win a heavyweight world title. Came close against the best years ago , but I didn't think he won a world title, not one worthy of the name at least , in those days.

Must check. I don't think he won a major title. Perhaps an alphabet one? WBF when he beat Bonecrusher Smith?

Fought in a tough, tough era for heavyweights, and went the distance with both Ali & Frazier. I think he's the only fighter to have done that.

In the current heavyweight division he would have done very well. He was certainly durable enough to go the distance against the Klitschkos. Something most current heavyweights aren't capable of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back