7.03pm - Tribute to Dustin Fletcher- 400 games

ScallyWag1

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2008
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Not fussed in the slightest. In fact much like Cornes last week, I'm glad he's playing, as he's not a best 22 player (not even close).

If the Bombres hadn't desperately needed any piece of positive PR they could get their hands on the last couple of years, this gimmick of carrying Fletcher through to 400+ would have been canned a long time ago.

Apr 12, 2015
Nathalia Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Leeds United
Im going to the game with a few of my mates. We are going to smuggle in a few blow up syringes so we can celebrate how Fletcher got to 400. Should be fun :p
Be fun watching some tig supporters leaving the ground early and not because we are losing or anything like that.:D

Not sure what the big deal is. Last time Essendon had one of these occasions against us, we beat them and it made the win all the sweeter since all their maggot supporters had to stay right to the very end AND listen to us pump out the song 2-3 times before they got to wave goodbye to their heroes Hird and Sheedy.

I wont be there as I have to work but if we win again, be sure to saddle up next to the nearest Essendon supporter and sing the song with extra gusto.

TigerAndy

Club Legend
Jan 16, 2014
high on a hill looking over the bridge to the mcg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
melbourne storm, charlotte hornets
This thread tells us alot about some. The thread has it all....conspiracy theories about afl forcing us to do something to recognise a feat that has been acieved twice before in 110 years of football, poor sportsmanship and high horsing everywhere.

Congrats to Dustin Fletcher on 400 RECOGNIZED AFL games. Well done to the tigers (or AFL as I dont give a s**t who it was) for recognising a milestone that has happened so rarely in our game and is unlikely to hsppen to often from here - regardless of whose home game it is.

I will be leaving my high horse at home and heading off to the game ad barraking for
a tiger win and appreciating a milestone of an opposition player

This a ******* outrage. Seriously. They can get ****ed. Are they that pathetic that they now need to use our home game to celebrate one of their "brave" players?
Geez, how the mighty have fallen.

Bishop

Club Legend
May 12, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Absolute joke, it's our home game. It's not like he's breaking a milestone,it's been done before. Wait a week and do it at their next home game, Essendon can go jump.

TigerAndy

Club Legend
Jan 16, 2014
high on a hill looking over the bridge to the mcg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
melbourne storm, charlotte hornets
I'm pleased that my post tell you something about me. But more importantly what is tells you.

There is the difference between cheering and appreciating a milestone.

With blinkers off it allows you to see the peripheral world.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
YNWA
There is the difference between cheering and appreciating a milestone..

& what other player do we include as part of OUR pre game when they hit a milestone? Particularly one that isn't special.

& sure my post can tell you a hell of a lot about me. I do not believe my club should be participating in celebrating a milestone game of an opposition player who has been #a carried across the line & #b drug cheated to get there

& I'm more than comfortable with that, no matter how pompous the likes of you may be.

A milestone for an Essendon player has nothing to do with the Richmond FC. Hopefully the filthy cheat gets booed

May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I feel sorry for the poor sods watching at home. I can line up at the 3121 bar and ignore it

Those at home going to have to listen to the commentators stroke him all the way through it

& agree Tugga. Very pissed off if this was forced on us
Thankfully I can just play music while watching the game without commentary, fair enough the bloke has made 400 games (and i can begrudgingly respect that) but I don't have to hear the commentators jizz themselves every time he gets near the ball. Also I didn't realise until today that his "tribute" is at our home game and it has been deliberately planned that way, hope all of you boo the campaigner at every opportunity to let em know this was a s**t move on their behalf. Tigers home games should be about the Tigers end of story.

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I will be leaving my high horse at home and heading off to the game ad barraking for
a tiger win and appreciating a milestone of an opposition player

Exactly, i cant believe what ive read well more so about some not going cause of essendrugs etc, FFS its OUR HOME GAME, support ur team in OUR home game....theirs no ifs, whats or buts be at the G and support the yellow & black well thats what im doing ill be their with 6 others amongst 50,000 other tigers fans yelling out loud....

Calling out to Richmond Members if you're able to come please get their and cheer the team on....

Apr 12, 2015
Nathalia Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Leeds United
Exactly, i cant believe what ive read well more so about some not going cause of essendrugs etc, FFS its OUR HOME GAME, support ur team in OUR home game....theirs no ifs, whats or buts be at the G and support the yellow & black well thats what im doing ill be their with 6 others amongst 50,000 other tigers fans yelling out loud....

Calling out to Richmond Members if you're able to come please get their and cheer the team on....
It's there choice if they want to go or not as they have paid the member fees regardless. I believe some people have morals.

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Fill em with helium and let them float over the ground ;)

Seriously, just for one minute if we had say Cotchin playing his 400th game against the bombers that the bomber supporters would appreciate/cheer for him ? No bloody way, there a unique bunch at bomber land and as bitter as you can be. I will be at the game, and will golf clap for Fletcher but IMO if its found out he has cheated to get this milestone, I will be furious.

Apr 7, 2004
Pluto
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TOO
Seriously, just for one minute if we had say Cotchin playing his 400th game against the bombers that the bomber supporters would appreciate/cheer for him ? No bloody way, there a unique bunch at bomber land and as bitter as you can be. I will be at the game, and will golf clap for Fletcher but IMO if its found out he has cheated to get this milestone, I will be furious.

tumblr_ldx4twZokF1qz7lxdo1_500_large.png

Absolute joke, it's our home game. It's not like he's breaking a milestone,it's been done before. Wait a week and do it at their next home game, Essendon can go jump.
This! Thank you for understanding what I meant in my OP. it seems some are incapable.
This is what some people in here are not understanding.
it;s our home game. let him be carried off at the end of it. Let our players form a guard of honour for him like they did with Cornes last week.
but to indulge him in OUR pre-game itinerary stinks to high heaven.

Back