7.03pm - Tribute to Dustin Fletcher- 400 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but it's our turn for our "home game" so it should be our stuff before hand.

It's a down right disgrace that we are doing this and I am appalled at this.

RFC_Official why is this the case? Don't we have a back bone as a club to say no?

It's outrageous to be honest.

While it is our home game, Dreamtime pre-game is run by the AFL. We get to do our regular Homecoming Hero and they get to play a three-minute video before the players have even entered the arena.

While it is our home game, Dreamtime pre-game is run by the AFL. We get to do our regular Homecoming Hero and they get to play a three-minute video before the players have even entered the arena.

Thanks for the post.

The afl need to allow home games to dictate home games. I understand the gate is shared but it's our home game.

Laughable. I suppose I am used to living in Europe for a whIle where home ground truly means home ground. It's like we are a 100 plus year franchise here.

Not our fault but it's disappointing.

Anyone brought up the discussion that of WADA wins their case which they should, this would be a waste of time?

So when we have a player hit 400 games (unlikely, I know)...and it's an away game...you'd be OK with the other club not allowing the milestone to be properly acknowledged before the game???

No. It's not our home game. If we play it at Fremantle and they did a Deledio tribute it wouldn't sit right with me.

What are we a club or a Franchise?

How many Richmond players do you think will be upset by the pregame recognition of Dustin Fletcher's milestone? My guess is that none of them will be anything less than supportive of the event.

I'm also pretty sure that win, lose or draw, our boys will form an honour guard at the end of the game and applaud Fletcher as he's chaired off.

They, more than us, understand that 400 games is an incredible milestone and will put petty thoughts of 'our home game' aside.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post.

The afl need to allow home games to dictate home games. I understand the gate is shared but it's our home game.

Laughable. I suppose I am used to living in Europe for a whIle where home ground truly means home ground. It's like we are a 100 plus year franchise here.

Not our fault but it's disappointing.

Anyone brought up the discussion that of WADA wins their case which they should, this would be a waste of time?

In fairness, the AFL do for all clubs except for two home and away games all year - tonight just happens to be one of them

This i believe to be the correct running program for tonight as taken off Richmond's Facebook page in the last hour, the Fletcher tribute 9 mins....Ill clap his achievement but once our boys run onto the ground GAME ON, LETS GO TIGES!!!

2625r7r.jpg

This i believe to be the correct running program for tonight as taken off Richmond's Facebook page in the last hour, the Fletcher tribute 9 mins....Ill clap his achievement but once our boys run onto the ground GAME ON, LETS GO TIGES!!!

That's true AstuteTiger, there are a couple of things that didn't make that list because it was getting pretty long:

7.08pm: Match ball delivered to umpires
7.09pm: Teams enter the field through KGI program participants Guard of Honour - Essendon first, then Richmond.

As far as I know, tribute will be five-mins max from 7.03pm, and then there will probably be the bringing of his kids through the banner

Good effort by Fletcher to make 400 games but hard to look past 20 games of suspension. If he was to retire from the AFL under rules of amateur football he would be deregistered and not allowed to play at any other level.

Didn't matter in the end. Fletch got subbed anyway and the result went our way.

Who's got the next milestone parade we need to rain on? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did not clap, did not respect, got to 400 with the help of the AFL and has also been cheating for 10 years by playing on the resting rovers and debutants, what a hero:rolleyes:
I clapped him off. Was a key contributor to our win. The longer they carry this bloke the better as far as I'm concerned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back