7.9 magnitude earthquake hits Nepal

Remove this Banner Ad

With storms in NSW, volcanoes in south America and now earthquakes in Asia, god clearly isn't happy.

we need improvement in technology to prepare for pending earthquakes
This sort of technology?

Kheops-Pyramid.jpg

Do they get a lot of earthquakes in Egypt?

Whats that got to do with price of eggs? Which is fixed by the way. You might of missed it in the news between the duke of dickheads getting knighted and our freedoms won at gallipolli.

The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is taking action against the Australian Egg Corporation Limited (AECL), three of its directors, James Kellaway, Jeffrey Ironside and Zelko Lenich, as well as two egg companies, alleging they tried to set up an egg cartel.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-21/egg-lobby-director-admits-to-advocating-cull-hens/6409112

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wondered. I mean, on the available evidence my house is earthquake-proof too.

Not like them. Stones are placed in such a way it supports the other, while having enough give to absorb the movement. They're finding them all over the world.

Not like them. Stones are placed in such a way it supports the other, while having enough give to absorb the movement. They're finding them all over the world.
I suppose the question is whether that is by chance or design. Personally I'm not convinced they went for the pyramid design because of it's structural advantages. It seems to me a pretty obvious way to go if you have no idea how to make vertical walls stay up.

Why would you want vertical walls when you're specifically designing them for long levity? {Autocorrected 'longevity' I'm presuming}
Well, exactly. You can't do it, so you go for something that will stay up. I'm just saying I don't think that necessarily makes you an architectural genius.

Quite pathetic and distasteful that some are using this to bang on about global warming.

Not to mention shockingly ignorant too. Plate Tectonics has nothing to do with climate change. Unfortunately if you happen to live in more volatile area (i.e. near or on a subduction zone), you are more likely to be in the firing line.

I haven't seen any evidence, through the various media bodies, that China is contributing in any way to this disaster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back