Past Dylan Buckley

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Dylan Buckley - 2011 Father-Son selection

You only have to match the bid with your next available pick....so we won't have to us our first if a second rounder is the bid.

You suspected wrong ;P

I thought the F/S bidding was conducted before the trade week as to prevent clubs from doing exactly that BiB. You have to lock down that pick before trade week so you can't try and trade it

EDIT: WOW that took a long time to post. PC connection must be a little f'd

Christ sounds like we may pay overs for a father son now that would be really embarrassing, on form this year no way he is a first round pick.

Christ sounds like we may pay overs for a father son now that would be really embarrassing, on form this year no way he is a first round pick.

He's stuffed now - he has the Magnificence seal of disapproval. :( :eek:

How many times have you seen him, and other potential draftees? Once? I'm guessing less.

I have to agree with him to an extent, I am slightly worried that we're basically locked in to take him. No massive loss for GWS to bid one of their plethora of first round picks and possibly make us pay overs.
Still plenty of time between now and the National Draft though.

You only have to match the bid with your next available pick....so we won't have to us our first if a second rounder is the bid.

You suspected wrong ;P

Sounds OK then.

Have you seen much of Dylan, Splendini?

Quick insight into how he plays. I know he is small, lightly built and a mid, but is he inside, outside, a mix. How is his pace, kicking skills, marking, so on so forth

I'd also like to get your notes on him too please Splengilly, PM me. :thumbsu:

I've seen him a couple of times, only last years games though and I was quite impressed in his performance for a bottom ager.

Obviously there are things to work on and that's probably his defensive work. He has great speed and pretty good skills so he has some nice qualities.

I'd also like to get your notes on him too please, PM me. :thumbsu:

I've seen him a couple of times, only last years games though and I was quite impressed in his performance for a bottom ager.

Obviously there are things to work on and that's probably his defensive work. He has great speed and pretty good skills so he has some nice qualities.

Genuine first rounder or we ****ing hope he's a first rounder because we get him for cheap?

Jeepers....I'm on the iPad, it's awkward to type ; p

Rebounding small defender most times I've seen him, with some time up forward and on a wing. Good pace, loves to run and take them on....sometimes to his knights team-mates frustration when he takes one bounce or takes on one tackler too many.....he seems to be working that out of his game a bit......good kills, dual sided and a good vertical leap and overhead mark for his size. With injury interruptions he's been restricted to ok cameos when I've seen him....probably around 16ppg. He's more an outside flanker but will go when it's his turn. He is very lightly framed though and will take time. He played in the champs game last year against wa at skilled and was moved onto the dangerous benell and did a good job while providing some run himself.

His skills are fine but will need a lot ofstrength and conditioning

Thanks Splendini.

Being a flanker type may push his value down for other clubs. I hold out hope he will be a second rounder for the rest of the clubs

No worries bud.

I'm not just saying this but reckon at this stage I'd have 20-25 names in front of him.....as you say, small skinny flankers aren't exactly first round fodder....a second round pick is about right if the rule is applied in the spirit it was intended

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Dylan is a good back flanker than Joseph and Armfield might be on the chopping block this year, given they have fallen behind Duigan, Yarran and possibly Touhy (very excited about him)

Genuine first rounder or we ****ing hope he's a first rounder because we get him for cheap?

It's hard to say at this time of year and especially hard now that he's injured. We probably won't know his true value because he will miss the champs so hopefully the other clubs respect the F/S rule and bid appropriately.

He is definitely worth the pick up no matter if we have to you our first round pick or second round. I've played with him myself and hes got a lot to offer: speed, skills, quick decisions, leadership and from all reports hes loyal to the navy blue. I played with and against Gaff as a junior as well and you just know there is something about them that they will be established AFL players.

I think we will be using our first rounder on him since we have committed to him (made that announcement last year) so we will use whatever it takes and all the other clubs know that.

There is an unspoken rule amongst the clubs that if you have the pick before a club that has a possible father/son they are committed to, you put that up to ensure they have to use it.

Have you seen how many picks GWS have? There's no chance we'll end up with a first rounder.

GWS can't bid for f/s selections, like the GC couldn't bid for the Bulldogs kids last year.

No I mean overall, we'll barely scrape into the first round (should we finish where we are right now)

Shane Rogers has his work cut out for him! Not usually easy to find superstars around 24, 42 and 60. Jee i hope we get Dylan with our second..

Round One
1 Team GWS
2 Team GWS
3 Team GWS
4 Club 17 on 2011 ladder
5 Team GWS
6 Club 16 on 2011 ladder
7 Team GWS
8 Club 15 on 2011 ladder
9 Team GWS
10 Club 14 on 2011 ladder
11 Team GWS
12 Club 13 on 2011 ladder
13 Team GWS
14 Club 12 on 2011 ladder
15 Team GWS
16 Club 11 on 2011 ladder
17 Club 10 on 2011 ladder
18 Club 9 on 2011 ladder
19 Club 8 on 2011 ladder
20 Club 7 on 2011 ladder
21 Club 6 on 2011 ladder
22 Club 5 on 2011 ladder
23 Club 4 on 2011 ladder
24 Club 3 on 2011 ladder
25 Club 2 on 2011 ladder
26 Club 1 on 2011 ladder

No I mean overall, we'll barely scrape into the first round (should we finish where we are right now)

Shane Rogers has his work cut out for him! Not usually easy to find superstars around 24, 42 and 60. Jee i hope we get Dylan with our second..

Round One
1 Team GWS
2 Team GWS
3 Team GWS
4 Club 17 on 2011 ladder
5 Team GWS
6 Club 16 on 2011 ladder
7 Team GWS
8 Club 15 on 2011 ladder
9 Team GWS
10 Club 14 on 2011 ladder
11 Team GWS
12 Club 13 on 2011 ladder
13 Team GWS
14 Club 12 on 2011 ladder
15 Team GWS
16 Club 11 on 2011 ladder
17 Club 10 on 2011 ladder
18 Club 9 on 2011 ladder
19 Club 8 on 2011 ladder
20 Club 7 on 2011 ladder
21 Club 6 on 2011 ladder
22 Club 5 on 2011 ladder
23 Club 4 on 2011 ladder
24 Club 3 on 2011 ladder
25 Club 2 on 2011 ladder
26 Club 1 on 2011 ladder

EVERY team gets a 1st rd pick, it just wont be a very good one :p

Our 1st rd pick is effectively a late 2nd rd pick (due to the kids already taken out of the draft, and the number of GWS picks). If we can use it, and get Buckley with our 2nd rd pick, then I would be reasonably happy with that. But if we have to use our 1st rd pick on Buckley then our draft picking are fairly crap, with our 2nd rd (1st active pick) pick in the 40's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back