Player Watch #7: Jack Viney (VC) – 200th this weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

From the Age:

11.08am GWS has played a role in the complex deal which has sent Jack Viney to Melbourne for only a second round draft pick. Gold Coast traded its pick two to GWS for pre-listed 16-year-old Jack Martin, meaning they did not bid for Viney. Michael Gleeson reports that Melbourne is close to securing a trade for its pick three (and possibly pick 13) to GWS for WA pre-listed key position star Jesse Hogan. Neither Martin or Hogan will be able to play in 2013, as they are too young, but both are extremely highly-rated. If Melbourne uses both picks No.3 and No.13 to secure Jesse Hogan, it could complicate their efforts to snare Collingwood big man Chris Dawes. It was believed the Demons would have to use the No.13 pick as part of a deal to get the out-of-favour Magpie

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/trade-period-latest-viney-goes-to-dees-for-2nd-round-pick-20121008-277xq.html#ixzz28fDpSZ7W

JFC. WTF is it with all these rumours of us overpaying for s**t.

I thought Caddy didn't want to come to us?

Who really knows

I mean this line from Harrington was more reassuring:

Harrington also dismissed media reports suggesting rival AFL players did not want to come to Melbourne.

“There are players who do want to come to our club, but I can’t say who they are,” he said.
Plus, we all know the media just "gutfeel" writes stories about us

tumblr_m6jnd2gdIA1rr7c36.gif

Viney for 26. You bastards. Utter, utter bastards.

:p

Hehe... thanks mate. Hoping things improve for you guys next year too :thumbsu:

Great result - 4 of the best 13 kids in a fantastic draft will really help with your climb back up the ladder. I think football was the winner today.

Also well said.

Noticing you've had to deal with that Essendon flog "The Prosecutor" too - real genius isn't he :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great result - 4 of the best 13 kids in a fantastic draft will really help with your climb back up the ladder. I think football was the winner today.
You mean Viney and whichever spuds Nostalgic Neeld and Horrible Harrington choose :p :(

Reports 3 to GWS for Hogan 13 to GC for Caddy

Rumored we're thinking about it, no decision has been made yet (hopefully it does not happen). And Caddy really, really doesn't want to come here.

With Viney on board, so much for 'bruise free' footy. Can't wait to see him in action in a Dees jumper. :D

As if we would pay pick 3 and 13 for Hogan when Gold Coast only payed pick 2 for Martin.

Pick 3 for Hogan and Pick 13 for Caddy wouldn't be too bad. Caddy is still a highly rated youngster and has a bit of development under him. With Hogan we'd be getting a young gun but just a year later. Besides, he'd get a year in our reserves to toughen him up.

Trading picks 3 or 4 for Dawes/Wellingham wouldn't be good though. I'd consider 13 though.

You mean Viney and whichever spuds Nostalgic Neeld and Horrible Harrington choose :p :(

Hard to miss in this Draft - especially early - Viney, 3, 4 and 13 is huge. Would be amazed if you traded 3 or 4 - just does not make any sense in your current situation. Wellingham and Dawes are stop gaps - start with 4 hungry kids to develop together.

As if we would pay pick 3 and 13 for Hogan when Gold Coast only payed pick 2 for Martin.

Pick 3 for Hogan and Pick 13 for Caddy wouldn't be too bad. Caddy is still a highly rated youngster and has a bit of development under him. With Hogan we'd be getting a young gun but just a year later. Besides, he'd get a year in our reserves to toughen him up.

Trading picks 3 or 4 for Dawes/Wellingham wouldn't be good though. I'd consider 13 though.

Trust me, does not need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back