Delisted #7: Leroy Jetta [Part II]- he and club have agreed to part ways

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys what was Jetta like in the vfl this year? I have a feeling we will try to rookie him.

He was really good - would fit really well with the Tigers. Reminds me of a more experienced Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls

He was really good - would fit really well with the Tigers. Reminds me of a more experienced Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls
Lol mate I was looking for you guys to give me confidence. Oakley-Nichols was a potato

Lol mate I was looking for you guys to give me confidence. Oakley-Nichols was a potato
yeah mate, - I was just stirring :)

I liked him, he had moments of brilliance but never really strung it together consistently at AFL level. VFL watchers on here and match reports say he was often among the best at VFL. The last 2 years he probably fell out of favour for younger/newer guy and he wasn't played consistently, so maybe he'll be more like Bachhar Houli for you guys. I'd hope so, I'd like to see him continue his career.

Guys what was Jetta like in the vfl this year? I have a feeling we will try to rookie him.
Excelled in parts but also went missing in parts. Yarran is a good example IMO

He doesn't get our zone? Puts him on par with most other players on our list between 2011 and 2013.

He lacked intensity.

You both get the points.

Even if he did get our zone his lack of the most basic defensive acumen (being accountable for a man, tackling and defensive running) is just horrid for how talented he is with the ball.

If this is what it takes to light a fire under his ass then all power to him, I wish him all the best

Good on ya Leroy, you had a good run at it, but I suppose Hirdy/Thompson didnt like you as much as Knights (forgetting about a few other short comings). Good luck in your future and I hope you are given the chance to follow the traditional path of other delisted bomber players and get a chance at Richmond/Port or Fremantle. (ok that comment is not really justified)

Does any know if Jetta has any desires to get back on an AFL list? He played his first game in the NTFL with Palmerston (coached by Dean Rioli) on the weekend and was fairly impressive considering the hot conditions. See below for vision of his brilliant goal from out of the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't know where to post this, but L Jetta tried to get a gig for Norwood, went through the interview process and Norwoods coaches and selectors where not impressed whatsoever. some very negative feedback about Jetta going around.
He must have tried to follow Ryder to Adelaide and see how he goes.

Didn't know where to post this, but L Jetta tried to get a gig for Norwood, went through the interview process and Norwoods coaches and selectors where not impressed whatsoever. some very negative feedback about Jetta going around.
He must have tried to follow Ryder to Adelaide and see how he goes.

Has been playing in the top end for a number of weeks now though.

Playing very well too. Better than 90% of other ex-AFL players that are in the comp.

He'll dominate the nt, isnt expected to run, chase or do any of that team stuff.

The problem is and always has been everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back