AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - 3x AA 🏅🏅🏅 4x Crichton Medallist 🥇🥇🥇🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

I will be interested to see how Zac performs in year two. Many tread water in year two, but the elite continue an upward trajectory.
what do you think yaco treading water or elite? i would like to know now. what do you think?

Honestly? I just don't like him. Seems like an arrogant little midget to me (in a similar fashion to Clarkson).
arrogance isn't a bad thing. we used to have it.
went missing circa 2002. :(

Massive fan of Mitchell. Probably been my favourite player of the last 10 years (inside and outside of essendon).

arrogance isn't a bad thing. we used to have it.
went missing circa 2002. :(

Massive fan of Mitchell. Probably been my favourite player of the last 10 years (inside and outside of essendon).
i like mitchel too. he doesnt look like a footy player to me but s**t he has got the footy smarts. wouldnt mind if he wanted to join the bombers at all

what do you think yaco treading water or elite? i would like to know now. what do you think?
Question not asked of me.... but I love this kid, so apologies....my guess is he's already working his ass off preparing for next year. Will not tread water.

Last edited:

Signs are that he will continue to improve - For me its having more of an impact in the first half of games.

Just looking back at this guys stats for 2014;

2nd among rising stars for total I50's
6th among rising stars for total kicks
9th among rising stars for total disposals
1st among rising stars for total tackles

Hopefully he can continue on a Heppel like trajectory and improve in his second, third and fourth years.

Hopefully he can continue on a Heppel like trajectory and improve in his second, third and fourth years.
And 0 votes in the Rising Star. :confused:

How the hell did he pull of total rankings like that despite missing 3 games and wearing the green vest on 5 occasions? The guy will legit be a star of the future.

He was unlucky in the rising star because it was such a strong year. If he wasn't sub so much he would have got votes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was unlucky in the rising star because it was such a strong year. If he wasn't sub so much he would have got votes.

plus he plays for essendon, which has is an issue in itself

Came 5th in the coaches best young player award(?)

Good enough for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back