AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - 3x AA 🏅🏅🏅 4x Crichton Medallist 🥇🥇🥇🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

How good is this kid, he speaks so well, Future captain?
I like Hep, but gee Zach sounds professional could we soon have a similar problem to hawthorn like they had with Hodge and Mitchel?

How good is this kid, he speaks so well, Future captain?
I like Hep, but gee Zach sounds professional could we soon have a similar problem to hawthorn like they had with Hodge and Mitchel?

I don't think it would be too much of a problem for quite a while. People are already arguing over whether Heppell is too young to be captain at the moment - personally i think he would be fine as captain but its a question of whether Jobe wants to continue as captain or not this year. Heppell is 3 years older than Merrett. I must admit though i've found Zach Merrett to be a pretty impressive speaker whenever i've heard him particularly given his age. I definitely agree that he will be one of our leaders down the track.

I believe Hodge and Mitchell are basically the same age so that was much more of an issue for them - but still hardly a bad problem to have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now's the time to shine son
slothshininghandupfollowyourdreams_zps6c8d456d.gif

I'm gonna say that as a result of recent events, Zach will win the Crichton this year.

Can't wait to see what he's going to do. Just a shame it's in these circumstances.

I think it'll only take a few games for people to realise this isn't a big call. With the recent form of Zaharakis and Goddard, you can make an argument Z. Merrett is our best player remaining.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back