Past #8: Daniel Wells - joins Collingwood as a FA - North get pick #32 as compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Wowee.

Some of you blokes were the same mothergooses who praised him about being a great footballer and great bloke. Basically giving the bloke oral, at the time.

You blokes back flip more than a midget circus guy who back flips in circus's...huh?
Although not a bloke I am definitely not one of these, have never back flipped. Check my posts, never rated him have always said he is a lazy footballer. Has never taken the world by storm (like he should given the talent he has) and drives me to distraction at the footy

Oh dear.

tumblr_mjo0kkK9E11s6gdyqo1_500.jpg

If you don't like the truth that's your problem. Who was picked directly after Daniel Wells?

If he was white he wouldn't cop half as much crap as he does.
If he was white he would be Shane Clayton or Sam Gibson and would cop PLENTY
Given hes not and has double the talent those two blokes had/have put together in his left leg then I think the criticism is warranted

Besides...everybody knows Black people are faster, stronger, harder, not a player but ****s a lot....basically a better human, no?

Just kidding*

Maybe not, actually.

Don't mention skin colour.

Even if accurate and 100% true you still get into strife with the sensitive Moos of the world. They use it to advantage when they want, then use it as discrimination when it doesn't. Harry (****head) O'Brien heads this list for AFL.

And oh, yep black people are by far more physically talented. I actually love watching athletics and clearly a fantastic sight with awesome athletes showing their quality.

What a surprise from you mate, talking in absolute extremes.
Ffs DR, every player drafted wants to be the best player they can possibly be.
You reckon Wellsy thinks he's played to his ability?
If he does then therein lies part of the rub why our leadership is ordinary.
Or are things like TOTC, hall of fame, All Australian just irrelevant things to most players?
And in answer to your question, there wouldn't be a bloke drafted into the NBA who hasn't at some stage dreamt of getting to the level of Jordan. Not many have Jordan's ability, not many have Daniel's either.

TOTC, HOF are things you reflect on when your career is over if you are lucky enough to be selected in them.

Truly great players play to win premierships not individual honours.

If you don't like the truth that's your problem. Who was picked directly after Daniel Wells?

Yeah, I have no problem with the truth. The problem is that your post is not the truth.

You're implying that anyone that has ever had a problem with Daniel Wells and his sometimes-lack-of-intensity is a racist. By your definition, every member of this board that was less than impressed with Wells' effort when Tuohy kicked a huge goal in the last quarter is a racist.

That is factually incorrect.

MacMillan cops more s**t than Wellsy does. Leigh Brown copped it every week for years. Shannon Watt did too. None of those players were Aboriginal or of Islander descent. That was a trash post with a trash implication.

And #3 in the 2002 National Draft was Jared Brennan.

If he was white he would be Shane Clayton or Sam Gibson and would cop PLENTY
Given hes not and has double the talent those two blokes had/have put together in his left leg then I think the criticism is warranted

What colour skin is Jared Brennan?

What colour skin is Jared Brennan?
And I rate him on par with Wells nothing to do with the color of his skin. He is just as bad. He is a lazy footballer too. Turns it on when it suits him. He too could have been a great of the game but isn't and wont be just like Daniel Wells

Don't mention skin colour.

Even if accurate and 100% true you still get into strife with the sensitive Moos of the world. They use it to advantage when they want, then use it as discrimination when it doesn't. Harry (****head) O'Brien heads this list for AFL.

And oh, yep black people are by far more physically talented. I actually love watching athletics and clearly a fantastic sight with awesome athletes showing their quality.
Sensitive moos?

How about this doozy?

99% of Australian's who were born here would struggle with the everyday demands of life in Africa or the South Americas. What's with people slamming Harry O'Brien? He's actually a very humble and switched on bloke who has fallen into a rotten cycle. I thought I grew up in harsh conditions having lived in the commission flats but a day in Africa flipped the script on my bullshit.

PS: Even though I disagree on what DR said about Wells, Australia clearly has a ingrained racist attitude. Mind boggles when Caucasians insist there is hardly no racism. On the real, what the hell would you know about this?

Another joint and so on.

And I rate him on par with Wells nothing to do with the color of his skin. He is just as bad. He is a lazy footballer too. Turns it on when it suits him. He too could have been a great of the game but isn't and wont be just like Daniel Wells
Wells is a more complete footballer than Brennan.

Pretty much, any angle you come at me with arguing the point Brennan is on par with Wells is bullshit.

Yeah, I have no problem with the truth. The problem is that your post is not the truth.

You're implying that anyone that has ever had a problem with Daniel Wells and his sometimes-lack-of-intensity is a racist. By your definition, every member of this board that was less than impressed with Wells' effort when Tuohy kicked a huge goal in the last quarter is a racist.

That is factually incorrect.

MacMillan cops more s**t than Wellsy does. Leigh Brown copped it every week for years. Shannon Watt did too. None of those players were Aboriginal or of Islander descent. That was a trash post with a trash implication.

And #3 in the 2002 National Draft was Jared Brennan.

I'm not implying anything. I am deadbeat stating that if he was white then half of the criticisms he cops would not exist.

Daniel Wells has been largely criticised because he wasn't an "excitement machine" and he wouldn't take the game on but they largely ignored the fact that he was very team orientated.

Jared Brennan hasn't copped anywhere near the amount of crap from the media in regards to his performance and he was one pick later. What is his highest Best and Fairest finish? Has he ever gotten an AA nomination or even out in a season that even comes close to AA selection.

People have been expecting Brownlows from Daniel from day 1. Even his best year of football barely got him a vote.

Wells is a more complete footballer than Brennan.

Pretty much, any angle you come at me with arguing the point Brennan is on par with Wells is bullshit.
I am not into stats couldn't give a rats (over rated mostly unless they are the effective ones) but if you watch Jared Brennan he can turn it on in bursts that can sometimes bring his team back into the game - Daniel Wells is the same. He lacks consistency and last night did him no favours. One quarter does not make you a superstar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sensitive moos?

How about this doozy?

99% of Australian's who were born here would struggle with the everyday demands of life in Africa or the South Americas. What's with people slamming Harry O'Brien? He's actually a very humble and switched on bloke who has fallen into a rotten cycle. I thought I grew up in harsh conditions having lived in the commission flats but a day in Africa flipped the script on my bullshit.

PS: Even though I disagree on what DR said about Wells, Australia clearly has a ingrained racist attitude. Mind boggles when Caucasians insist there is hardly no racism. On the real, what the hell would you know about this?

Another joint and so on.

I disagree. In fact I am very well placed to form this opinion, not that you would care about that when on your high horse.

You are on a mission with "racist" type posts. Continue without me being involved.

I am deadbeat stating that if he was white then half of the criticisms he cops would not exist.

Bullshit.

Daniel Wells has been largely criticised because he wasn't an "excitement machine" and he wouldn't take the game on but they largely ignored the fact that he was very team orientated.

Daniel Wells has been largely criticised because we expect so so much out of him and he constantly looks like he is going at half rat power. If Wells had taken a shot every time he was streaming into the forward 50 at pace over his entire career we would have won a lot of games off his boot.

Jared Brennan hasn't copped anywhere near the amount of crap from the media in regards to his performance and he was one pick later.

Goddard and Wells were the clear 1-2 out of the draft. Look at the rest of the picks. North had picks 2, 8, 18 & 25. We took Wells, McIntosh, Kris Shore and Callum Urch. Jared Brennan has NEVER hit the heights Daniel Wells has. Nor does Jared Brennan have the natural talent that Daniel Wells has. Seriously, Wellsy shits on Brennan for footballing ability.

People have been expecting Brownlows from Daniel from day 1. Even his best year of football barely got him a vote.

And their frustration and subsequent criticism comes from the fact that, no matter which way you look at it, he hasn't delivered to that potential. It has nothing to do with the colour of his skin.

I disagree. In fact I am very well placed to form this opinion, not that you would care about that when on your high horse.

You are on a mission with "racist" (even tough accurate) type posts. Continue without me being involved.
Not high horse, call it experiences.

I'm actually very interested in your reply, please go ahead.

I'm not implying anything. I am deadbeat stating that if he was white then half of the criticisms he cops would not exist.

Jared Brennan hasn't copped anywhere near the amount of crap from the media in regards to his performance and he was one pick later. What is his highest Best and Fairest finish? Has he ever gotten an AA nomination or even out in a season that even comes close to AA selection.

That's Bull...........it has nothing whatsoever to do with his color and if you believe that you are delusional.
How team orientated was what he did last night against Tuohy?
Daniel plays when Daniel feels like it, then and only then.
Lindsay used to cop plenty do you think it was because of the color of his skin or because he was missing goals and had the yips....................seriously you need a reality check

kf raises a decent point. Lindsay Thomas has arguably as much talent as Daniel Wells does. He is also an Aboriginal footballer.

There have been times when this board has called for LT's head based on his kicking, or his petulant attitude at times. He's copped probably worse than Wellsy has from not just this board, but also the rest of the AFL and the AFL media.

Further proof that skin colour has *-all to do with the amount of criticism a player receives, and everything to do with the amount of talent the player possesses vs the consistency of output from the player.

kf raises a decent point. Lindsay Thomas has arguably as much talent as Daniel Wells does. He is also an Aboriginal footballer.

There have been times when this board has called for LT's head based on his kicking, or his petulant attitude at times. He's copped probably worse than Wellsy has from not just this board, but also the rest of the AFL and the AFL media.

Further proof that skin colour has ****-all to do with the amount of criticism a player receives, and everything to do with the amount of talent the player possesses vs the consistency of output from the player.
Skin colour has no impact of the rating of a player.

Only minor problem I have is that the Indigenous have always been labelled certain terms far too quick before other attributes.

Hell of a game from Wellsy. Really stood up tonight. Hope he keeps it up for the remaining 4 rounds (possibly finals ;)) and then has a big pre-season and comes out firing next year.
Hopefully has a full preseason with no injury scares! Was real good with his 18 disposals, have hunt a bath.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back