Retired #8: Jason Winderlich

Remove this Banner Ad

No need to anymore with Gwilt and Pears as depth.

No chance he plays in 2016 unfortunately I reckon. :(

I think Ambrose offers anything as a tall forward - I'd rather play Gwilt as the third tall forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was surprised to hear him say he was just 2-3 weeks away. I suspect that's 2-3 weeks away from full training. I think he will be at least another 5-6 weeks before he is even in contention for senior selection. But that's OK, if we can get 8-10 games out of him (including finals) then I'll be very happy.

I thought he was BOG and the difference in 3 games last year which were against Port, West Coast and the Bulldogs.

It will be good to have him back as an option soon. Not only is he a dangerous forward but our forward line could really do with an experienced player to act as a general and keep it organised.

I agree with those who have said it could be a blessing in disguise that he's been unavailable in the first 1/3rd of the season. He was never going to come in and play 22 games. I'd be happy if he only plays 6-8 games as long as he's in form and fit/available for round 1 of finals. I don't think his body is capable of playing week in week out for a sustained period of time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back