# 8 Stewart Crameri

Remove this Banner Ad

I know its been posted in the Western Bulldogs Facebook Page.
But more appreciation for Crameri needed.
Equal 3rd in the Coleman Medal with 13 Goals after round 5.

Jay Shultz, 17 Goals (Equal 1st)
Nick Reiwoldt, 17 Goals (Equal 1st)
Tom Hawkins, 15 Goals (Equal 2nd
Luke Breust, 15 Goals (Equal 2nd)
Stewart Crameri, 13 Goals (Equal 3rd)
Jack Gunston, 13 Goals (Equal 3rd)
Jamie Elliot, 13 Goals (Equal 3rd)
Jaryd Roughead, 12 Goals (Equal 4th)
Matthew Pavlich, 12 Goals (Equal 4th)
Jack Reiwoldt, 12 Goals (Equal 4th)

Who would of thought after 5 rounds that Crameri would be equal 3rd in Goal kicking award when we got him, and ahead of such gun forwards in Roughead, Pavlich and Jack Reiwoldt.
Crameri is in some fine form.
I agree that its great he is equal 3rd in the Coleman but I cant help but think that nobody has set the world on fire with goal kicking this year and the list isn't a true indication of the best forwards in the game.

But more appreciation for Crameri needed.
Equal 3rd in the Coleman Medal with 13 Goals after round 5.
Equal 5th actually. But completely agree that Crameri is doing very well *touchwood* and worth every dollar IMO. But of captain obvious here, but an Essendon supporting mate told me the Bombers are really missing him and he'd know.

I agree that its great he is equal 3rd in the Coleman but I cant help but think that nobody has set the world on fire with goal kicking this year and the list isn't a true indication of the best forwards in the game.
Hawkins is warming up after a quiet first couple of weeks. My tip for the Coleman with 70+ goals :thumbsu:

Equal 5th actually. But completely agree that Crameri is doing very well *touchwood* and worth every dollar IMO. But of captain obvious here, but an Essendon supporting mate told me the Bombers are really missing him and he'd know.

Hawkins is warming up after a quiet first couple of weeks. My tip for the Coleman with 70+ goals :thumbsu:

I did watch something where the media are saying they are really missing crameri. They got in chapman when they lost crameri though.
Crameri has kicked around 30 goals a year over the last 3 years. He is on a rate that would get him around 60 goals for the year.

Essendons forward line is very different this year than last. They missing belchambers aswell so Ryder can go forward.
Still can't wait for the crameri, jones and grant combo to take affect after the bye round

I know he was the one who left us....

But I couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for him at the end of the match. He had this look on his face pretty much told a thousand words.. he really looked like he missed playing with us, and when that siren blew he wished he was on the winning end of it.
Given our lack of a 'delusional pearlers' thread, I thought I'd throw this one in here.
Tragic :p

Player looks upset after loss. Essendon fans are absolute gems of intelligence.
Most of them are absolutely fine, as with any board. They have their dickheads like every club, but the last year and a half has riled them up even moreso. I love how one in particular (he'll probably read this - you know who you are) argues points completely irrelevant to the subject matter and when that is pointed out to him insults their intelligence, blocks them and declares his supreme intellect.

But as I said, they're everywhere and unfortunately on this occasion we took their toy and they don't like it, so we're going to be on the receiving end of some dribble for a while.

Back on topic, think Amanda Crameri had a bit to say when Stewie was being traded last year. He seems like a pretty quiet guy so he wasn't going to get up and stick up for himself, so she's having a bit of a rant on Facebook. No harm in that.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...the-western-bulldogs-20140727-zxe9b.html#poll

The things McCartney sold him on last year are the things he likes most about his new home. Crameri has enjoyed being, at times, the oldest member of a forward line filled up with ''a bunch of 20-year-olds, getting better every week''. He has kept himself fit, for the first time in a long while, understanding now how much work is too much for his body to handle and not guessing like he did when he was recruited out of the VFL. And he has liked kicking some goals, without being expected to kick all of the goals.

"This is my team now. Every week I’m feeling a bit more at home here.''

Connors wouldn't rule out the rumour that Crameri wants to cut a deal with ASADA.

Connors wouldn't rule out the rumour that Crameri wants to cut a deal with ASADA.

Happy for him to cut a deal with ASADA. Crameri moving might make others follow and that is one more step towards this sorry saga being over, whether found guilty or not.

Essendon's stupid postulating (most notably that last court case) is getting ******* tiresome.

Everyone been impressed with Crameri? He really adds to our forward line. He kind of like that "glue guy" that everyone else can play better with him being there.
He has 9 goals (leading our goal kicking) as is equal 10th in the AFL leading goal kickers at the moment (after round 4).
It appears that Jones and Crameri have already developed a good chemistry together. When Jones came into the side, Crameri improved, and Crameri is seen as our best forward, so Jones is getting off the leash.
9 goals over 4 rounds, well at that rate he will get 50 goals for the season. I would be happy with 40 from him. But if Jones is getting 2 goals a game, and gets 40 himself, when last year Jones can 24, he has made us a 60 goal a year improvement.

Crameri is really playing well for us, very happy with him so far. Things could change but at the moment I think he is playing his role very well. His speed and strength make him a very exciting player.

Anyone else's thoughts on how Crameri has played for us?
Would love to hear who you'd prefer now Cramdog or Merrett?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wondering how you guys are feeling about him now?
He's had a down year no doubt, however he will come good with a strong preseason. Either way, we are going better than expected and the team is more important than the individual. Don't know whether you can say the same at Essington with Golden Boy Hird running the show :$

You guys needed as many talented players as you could that you hadn't injected with drugs.
Fair call, you guys just needed talented players regardless of what was hanging over their head..thanks for helping with the offload.

I haven't watched Zerrett play, what's he like? He was a Dogs fan growing up wasn't he?
I believe he was a doggy fan..he's an amazing tackler who has started to get some more time as a mid...kicking and decision making is elite...cross between Luke Power and Tony Mcguiness..

Would love to hear who you'd prefer now Cramdog or Merrett?
He's come back in the team and had a good game on the weekend against a decent side that was critical for our finals chances?
I'd also prefer Crameri every day of the week and twice on sundays.

Fair call, you guys just needed talented players regardless of what was hanging over their head.

That's what you tend to do to get back up the ladder. Essendon may need to take note.

Or you can just pick up another Adam Cooney type

Remove this Banner Ad

Back