The Law 82 year old Australian Entertainer arrested

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you mean you were hoping a bunch of women had decided to falsely accuse a celebrity of child sexual abuse? Rather than accept that Rolf is just another human and this s**t happens regularly.
He's guilty and deserves contempt, it's just disappointing to find out someone ain't all they cracked up to be.

Man it breaks my heart that Harris is guilty of these crimes. A performer I once admired. I'm happy his victims have at least found solace that justice has finally caught up with Harris. Harris will now die in Jail, a fitting end for him. I say that as they're talking about a 20 year sentence. At 84 years old he'll never see freedom again. I hope his victims now sue for damages too, in civil court. Make Harris pay in all ways.

See the news? Apparently he wasn't innocent after all. :)

wow you seem very happy about it. Hooray someone committed an offense.
And the media are talking about long sentences.

Correct me if I'm wrong , but he is guilty of :
1. Having consensual sex with a minor.
2. Groping just about everyone else.

I assume that the laws/sentences need to be applied retrospectively . ???

Then compare it to
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...eview-lenient-child-rape-sentence-475256.html ( 5 year min WTF? )
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-17993003

To me Rolf is a witch-hunt , probably trying to save face after Jimmy escaped justice by cleverly dying of old age.
It's high profile because he's a celebrity , but there is way way worse stuff happening out there.
s**t the gang rapes I keep hearing about in Sydney are more concerning.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ga...118342724?nk=7648ec8e1177e8f26dfdffedad0e783d

wow you seem very happy about it. Hooray someone committed an offense.
And the media are talking about long sentences.

Correct me if I'm wrong , but he is guilty of :
1. Having consensual sex with a minor.
2. Groping just about everyone else.

I assume that the laws/sentences need to be applied retrospectively . ???

Then compare it to
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/attorney-general-to-review-lenient-child-rape-sentence-475256.html ( 5 year min WTF? )
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-17993003

To me Rolf is a witch-hunt , probably trying to save face after Jimmy escaped justice by cleverly dying of old age.
It's high profile because he's a celebrity , but there is way way worse stuff happening out there.
s**t the gang rapes I keep hearing about in Sydney are more concerning.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/gang-rape-brothers-bilal-and-mohammed-skaf-get-jail-cut/story-e6freuy9-1111118342724?nk=7648ec8e1177e8f26dfdffedad0e783d

"Consensual sex with a minor"

yeah right :confused::rolleyes:

Your post is a load of s**t. He's been found guilty of sexually molesting kids as young as 7. The fact that you think that's a minor offence and the whole investigation is a witch hunt is frightening.

"Consensual sex with a minor"

yeah right :confused::rolleyes:

Your post is a load of s**t. He's been found guilty of sexually molesting kids as young as 7. The fact that you think that's a minor offence and the whole investigation is a witch hunt is frightening.

Yeah right. :confused::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kill the witch.
I can't help it if you are too stupid to understand my point.

Kill them all , kill them all.

You may need to explain this to me.
How do you have consensual sex with a minor?

That would be :
coercing, tricking , falling in love with , etc etc. Many many minors have consensual sex with other minors. ( of course its much worse when its a middle aged man - refer to Ricky Nixon. )

You can have your opinion, but I think its a lot worse when a gang of boys wait in a park , grab a girl and do their worst, or when they are raped at knife point etc etc. Surely there are degree's of trauma, or is rape simply rape?

As far as I've followed the case , Rolf has only been charged with having sex with one of the victims. The others were "groping" type offenses- surely not as serious as rape.

That would be :
coercing, tricking , falling in love with , etc etc. Many many minors have consensual sex with other minors. ( of course its much worse when its a middle aged man - refer to Ricky Nixon. )

You can have your opinion, but I think its a lot worse when a gang of boys wait in a park , grab a girl and do their worst, or when they are raped at knife point etc etc. Surely there are degree's of trauma, or is rape simply rape?

As far as I've followed the case , Rolf has only been charged with having sex with one of the victims. The others were "groping" type offenses- surely not as serious as rape.

So Rolf Harris shouldn't have been charged? So his victims would have to live their lives knowing that Rolf Harris would not be charged, and that he would not have to answer for his crimes?

That would be :

Oh, so pedophilia isn't that serious. Gang rape, or rape at knife point are the only serious forms. Okmete.

Using your debate structure, I say, you can have your opinion that gang rape is bad, but I think it's a lot worse when you have a Josef Fritzl situation. Or is rape simply rape?

This wasn't a witch hunt. He is a pedophile who took advantage of children.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, so pedophilia isn't that serious. Gang rape, or rape at knife point are the only serious forms. Okmete.

Using your debate structure, I say, you can have your opinion that gang rape is bad, but I think it's a lot worse when you have a Josef Fritzl situation. Or is rape simply rape?

This wasn't a witch hunt. He is a pedophile who took advantage of children.

Are you a moron?
My words were "its a lot worse". If a nuclear bomb is a lot worse than a box of c4 , that doesn't mean its good to have the c4 blow up.
Look at the crap going on in india. Are you suggesting that what Harris did is as bad as that?

The media is suggesting he may get 18 years. I see that as being incongruous compared to the kind of sentences I linked to above.
One of the guys who violently raped the teenager in Sydney may get out after serving 10 years.

Are you a moron?
My words were "its a lot worse". If a nuclear bomb is a lot worse than a box of c4 , that doesn't mean its good to have the c4 blow up.
Look at the crap going on in india. Are you suggesting that what Harris did is as bad as that?

The media is suggesting he may get 18 years. I see that as being incongruous compared to the kind of sentences I linked to above.
One of the guys who violently raped the teenager in Sydney may get out after serving 10 years.

Since when is it a competion? Rolf isn't being judged on what happens in India nor is he being compared to it, he's being judged on his actions alone. It is possible to condemn both.

Since when is it a competition? Rolf isn't being judged on what happens in India nor is he being compared to it, he's being judged on his actions alone. It is possible to condemn both.
I'm not sure why he is bringing up the UK or India...
I think someone was a young fan of the wobble board.
Idol worship and all that.

I think people are confusing "paedophile" with "sexual offender". There are paedophiles out there who haven't acted out on their urges, and these are the sort of people who need urgent psychological treatment before making someone a victim of their own urges. I believe it was Donners who made a similar point on a thread like this some time ago.

I'm not sure I understand.
I've just had a quick google, and it seems to me, that paedophilia falls under the category of a sexual offender.

It does say that a paedophile specifically targets children, and that is generally the sole attraction for them.
But I think an act of paedophilia can be considered the sexual assault of a child.
I said paedophile, not the act. If one thinks the way they do but doesn't act on it, does that make them a sexual offender? I am just saying, there's a distinction there... and an important one because we shouldn't be sending people to jail for thought crimes alone. If there are people with such urges, then they need to be treated before they possibly hurt someone else.

Oh ok, yeah I was way off base with what I thought you were trying to say, and the direction I took it.
I agree, this isn't the Minority Report. And we should always look at prevention before punishment.
Yep, otherwise we have stuff like the Simpson pr0n case a few years ago where the judge ruled Bart Simpson as a "person". Guy was clearly a pedo, but shouldn't get a conviction based on a fictional cartoon character.

You're saying that there are other atrocities in the world, so why should we judge him so harshly.
It isn't a valid point.
What was it, 12 counts of pedophilia? Not including the other victims who came forward, but could not be used as evidence in that trial?
Some one has a lenient sentence, so we should go easy on others?

How many people have done what Pol Pot did? How many years did he serve?

You are making a poor argument.

Sigh ... The links I posted previously were UK cases, recent ones.

Question?
Does he get his sentencing judged according to the standards at the time of the offence or those in place now?

The 12 count's ( to me ) were not as heinous as many that I read about in the news.

The 12 count's ( to me ) were not as heinous as many that I read about in the news.

Then you need to adjust your heinous-meter.

He destroyed lives.

"To this day I can't go to sleep without lying in a lounge and having the TV on. I cannot lie in a room and try and sit with my thoughts and go to sleep."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27681388

Then you need to adjust your heinous-meter.

He destroyed lives.

"To this day I can't go to sleep without lying in a lounge and having the TV on. I cannot lie in a room and try and sit with my thoughts and go to sleep."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27681388

That's what she says, yet others have suffered far worse and have got on with their lives.
I'd pay more attention to that claim if a mental health professional made it.

Its sexual assault, I don't think we are talking rape here.
If someone claims to be deeply traumatized because they are "wolf whistled" does that make it true.
Lets not forget Tonya will be chasing her share of the Harris fortune.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back