Certified Legendary Thread Jack Trengove

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Cross was more or less impotent in all but two games towards the back end of the season. Picked up numbers sure but there came a stage where his entire function involved taking intercept marks across half back and that's a role someone like Grimes or even an ANB type could do while offering more on the offensive.

Hmmm, if that's your criteria, we only had four or five blokes not firing blanks last year.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Grimes hasnt been good at that intercept marking for a couple years and is far more prone to mistakes than cross
ANB is 19

And Cross sadly was a fairly average footballer. Wasn't adding much to the side, and even he must have known that it wasn't worth doing another preseason to run the risk of being pushed out of the side.

G2B is right. At the end of the season Cross was very slow, and very fumbly with a lot of simple mistakes creeping into his game. Yeah he got stacks of it in a flogging vs WC, but otherwise he didn't do a lot in his other games in the 2nd half of 2015. He's still around the club to offer leadership/mentoring, but now a younger/better player can have a run and develop.

Jack Trengove.

Or as some still like to call him after 5+ years at the club Jack Trengrove.
To be fair he's been dead for two of those years and terminally ill for the two before that. Zombie!Jack will need to earn the privilege of having his named spelled correctly.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Would a return from the dead make him Jesus!Jack ?
Maybe Lazarus Jack. I'm sketchy about the resurrection of Jesus, but I think his post death achievements ran to pretty much getting out of a tomb and ascending to sit on the right hand of his dad, neither of which are essential attributes for best 22

Maybe Lazarus Jack. I'm sketchy about the resurrection of Jesus, but I think his post death achievements ran to pretty much getting out of a tomb and ascending to sit on the right hand of his dad, neither of which are essential attributes for best 22
Yeah but Lazarus brought even less to the field after his resurrection. List clogger at best.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Yeah but Lazarus brought even less to the field after his resurrection. List clogger at best.
Absence of leprosy is a plus though. I think it is time recruiters really made a serious effort to eliminate both bruise-free football and leprosy from our game.

Does anyone know if Trengove will be right to start full training tomorrow?
He's not a 1st-to-4th year player so he doesn't have to. Instagram suggests he's over in NZ playing golf with Howe, Bail and Watts.

Really hope he can get back into the 22, would be so great to watch him play.
This.

If he can get fit and can run freely he is best 22. I hope him failing the fitness test with the RFC turns out to be the best fail ever.

This.

If he can get fit and can run freely he is best 22. I hope him failing the fitness test with the RFC turns out to be the best fail ever.

Top of my wishlist for season 2016 is that he comes back, plays 18+ games and is genuinely good.

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Top of my wishlist for season 2016 is that he comes back, plays 18+ games and is genuinely good.

Petracca and Trenners playing a full season would be so sweet.

However the footy gods would not allow this to happen without some sort of sacrifice on our behalf so it would mean Hoges does both knees simultaneously in the nab cup or Max Gawn is involved in a multiple hit and run and jailed

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
However the footy gods would not allow this to happen without some sort of sacrifice on our behalf

Goes a long way to explaining why we've kept Terlich and Matt Jones around.

Goes a long way to explaining why we've kept Terlich and Matt Jones around.
I'm pretty sure this falls under the "two spuds don't make a gun" trade rule.

Of course for all the footy gods know Petracca might turn out to be a spud that's even worse than Terlich/M Jones.

Back