Traded Jake Stringer (#973)

Remove this Banner Ad

Igloo talked to me before the game when I arrived early; top bloke to
Was asking how he should try kicking goals and I was like...you're asking me? and I said, just do what Dahlhaus does and kick it along the ground and he kicked it out on the full and was like AGH F***ing S***house!

Igloo talked to me before the game when I arrived early; top bloke to
Was asking how he should try kicking goals and I was like...you're asking me? and I said, just do what Dahlhaus does and kick it along the ground and he kicked it out on the full and was like AGH F***ing S***house!
I firstly read this as I talked to you before the game :p. Then I realised I wasn't at the game.

That's pretty damn funny though :D. What a legend.

I firstly read this as I talked to you before the game :p. Then I realised I wasn't at the game.

That's pretty damn funny though :D. What a legend.
Woops, I mean Stringer; after all it is the Stringer thread ;)
But he was having a shoot off with the ground security guard and he seems a real likeable guy
got there 3 hours early and only person sitting in the pocket seats at the time
after his third goal my first though was, Igloo is somewhere smiling :D

has anyone seen the "This or That" with him and Jones on the Dogs website ! They were both funny as ! Liam Jones showed some real Character and Personality about him ! Very Entertaining

Loved his game and still presented and chased till the end despite being tired. Also Jones seems to stand taller knowing his got a machine like stringer next to him.
That's the beauty of it. Every one will.

has anyone seen the "This or That" with him and Jones on the Dogs website ! They were both funny as ! Liam Jones showed some real Character and Personality about him ! Very Entertaining

I hope that one of them get to do the Footy Show tomorrow. They both seem like guys that are confident talkers with a real sense of humor.

I like actually having a player that I can be confident with when kicking a set shot, it's nice.

Tell you what I loved most about Stringer.

He kicked 2 excellent goals, and 1 solid one. And he didn't give a toss about any of them. No huge celebrations. No histrionics. He barely cracked a smile. You could tell he knew we were getting easily beated, and he drew no comfort from his own individual glory.

This guy has 'big game' player written all over him. He was carrying on like it was still pre-season. And in his 2nd game too. Very excited to see what he does when he's on the big stage.

Beautiful clean hands and its not hard to see why he won the draft camp goal kicking test.

He's going to have some very quiet games, and will need resting at stages throughout the year, but he just has presence. He's going to scare the hell out of defences for the next decade.

Dannnnnnn are you happy to play him as a forward now or still want to see him played through the middle? Would be nice to be able to roll him through for centre bounces from time to time when his tank improves, but playing him predominantly forward is the plan from here I'd hope

Beautiful clean hands and its not hard to see why he won the draft camp goal kicking test.

He's going to have some very quiet games, and will need resting at stages throughout the year, but he just has presence. He's going to scare the hell out of defences for the next decade.

Dannnnnnn are you happy to play him as a forward now or still want to see him played through the middle? Would be nice to be able to roll him through for centre bounces from time to time when his tank improves, but playing him predominantly forward is the plan from here I'd hope
Maybe swings through the midfield when he isn't finding the ball forward. But I was very impressed with his and Jones goals and hope they do a compilation of the two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its nice to have someone who can kick a set shot from 50m without a problem!

Some of our other blokes look to pass the ball when they are 50 out!

Maybe swings through the midfield when he isn't finding the ball forward. But I was very impressed with his and Jones goals and hope they do a compilation of the two.
If only Ayce can cement his spot up there ! Then we will have 3 Massive Presences down there ! Ayce, Jones and Big Jake !

That's a scary Forward Line, Ala Kosi, Riewoldt and Gherig in their time !
They were hard to beat in their prime you have to admit !!

I agree, we need that third tall. Tom Williams or Fletcher Roberts could also cause headaches?
I'd really like to see Williams settle back in at CHB when he's back. Roughie at FB, Williams CHB, Morris takes the dangerous mid sized forwards. Youngs versatile enough to play on smalls and mids as well. Jj and Pearce provide the run.

Gumby or Tom Boyd would be very nice as that 3rd tall.

Hf: murph jones macrae
Ff: stringer gumby Dahl.

I'd really like to see Williams settle back in at CHB when he's back. Roughie at FB, Williams CHB, Morris takes the dangerous mid sized forwards. Youngs versatile enough to play on smalls and mids as well. Jj and Pearce provide the run.

I agree, however unfortunately I think the consensus is at this stage Boyd will go before our first pick and I just can't see Gumbleton leaving the bombers.

If Jones and Stringer continue to play well together the third tall would just need to compete in the air, we could probably find someone in the VFL/SANFL/WAFL that could fit this bill.

Also think we need to get another speedster like Dahl.

I agree, however unfortunately I think the consensus is at this stage Boyd will go before our first pick and I just can't see Gumbleton leaving the bombers.

If Jones and Stringer continue to play well together the third tall would just need to compete in the air, we could probably find someone in the VFL/SANFL/WAFL that could fit this bill.

Also think we need to get another speedster like Dahl.
No question we need another speedster. If we can't get Boyd or gumby, no stress. We keep backing Cordy and/or Roberts.

Can we all safely agree now that the slow medium sized forward line that McCartney has been in love with completely sucks???? Need variation up there. Size, speed, skill, aggression.
No more conservative, slow, middling players up there.

Yeah, last night would compare interestingly to round one's forward line. Round one Gia, Murphy and Higgins controlled a lot of entries and it was that old school doggies unpredictable forward line based on versatility and cohesion. When things got bad though in the last couple of weeks this fell to pieces.

Last night we had Tutt, Dahl and Smith harrassing and tackling and causing enough headaches, genuinely on the deck though. We were actually a threat on the deck for a change. I was stoked with that.

I really think we need more mids and utility types who can defend but who have good leg speed and can kick the ball really well. I don't want to burn our first round draft pick on a tall who might or might not make it and who will take 5 years before he has a major impact. Give me more Stringer and Macrae types and let the multitude of talls we already have develop.

No question we need another speedster. If we can't get Boyd or gumby, no stress. We keep backing Cordy and/or Roberts.

Can we all safely agree now that the slow medium sized forward line that McCartney has been in love with completely sucks???? Need variation up there. Size, speed, skill, aggression.

Gia to announce an early retirement. Effective immediately. :thumbsu:

He hasn't hid the fact that they've played poorly, but if you had a young side you'd cling to the experience and strong bodies as long as you can. You can't play a team of 18 year olds like you seem to want to Fronk. I agree that Gia is past it, Higgins needs to pull his finger out and Dickson's been in bad form, but they do offer support and our goal tally last year shows that they can slot them. I think you're forgetting that in a dark year those three were the shining lights in our forward line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back