Portfolio 90's Hypothetical Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 26, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
OKC, Coburg, Werribee, Storm, QPR
Hey guys, welcome to my newest, and possibly greatest portfolio. Similar to TheFreightTrain's AFL '99 portfolio, I am going to use logos from the 90's to see what jumpers could have been. Sponsors will more than likely be incorrect, but those are just there to make it look more complete. Massive thanks to Mero for allowing me to use his FJ.com template and #22. Thanks for that. We won't be going into the jumper ideas thread because I'm mostly using IP which the clubs don't use any more. Anyway on with the show. The Port one has been mocked up 1000's of times, but I never have.
1997 Port Adelaide Home Jumper
upload_2016-1-4_21-38-20.png

And because this has been done so many times, I'm adding another one to the OP:
1997 Hawthorn Hawks Away Jumper
upload_2016-1-4_21-36-49.png

I'd like to see what other people come up with. Let's do it!

Last edited:

Tough really to give feedback. They're good for what they are, I like the authentic sponsors and the designs are pretty good.

Don't know why you've got the shield style yoke on the back of the Melbourne guernsey though.

Tough really to give feedback. They're good for what they are, I like the authentic sponsors and the designs are pretty good.
Yeah, I figured. Cheers though.

Don't know why you've got the shield style yoke on the back of the Melbourne guernsey though.
It just feels 90's. I thought they used something like that. Maybe I was thinking of the Adelaide shield number panel.

Yeah, I figured. Cheers though.

It just feels 90's. I thought they used something like that. Maybe I was thinking of the Adelaide shield number panel.

If you're going to do the shield then do the shield. Otherwise that specific design just screams the Freo anchor to me I suppose.

These designs certainly feel like they're from the 90s.

That Melbourne jumper reminds me far too much of Carlton's clash, which I hate. Sorry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee, lots of people like the Bulldogs jumper! I'm trying to come up with an Eagles concept but I am struggling.
These designs certainly feel like they're from the 90s.

That Melbourne jumper reminds me far too much of Carlton's clash, which I hate. Sorry.
I do hate the Carlton clash (well, not the 2016 one, but the 2015 one.) I'll probably put a number shield on it rather than that.
Needs just a little bit of red in the back somewhere.
Red piping and red number stroke are the two ways I can think of.

Probably a red number outline. That was a very 90's thing to do

I wouldn't mind seeing some clubs experiment with a double outline or just an offset outline. In this case, blue numbers with a white and then red outline could look quite good.

I'm trying to come up with an Eagles concept but I am struggling.

Maybe consider something like the pre-season design that didn't happen in the late 90s?

westcoast-prealt.gif

(the original b&w design is on IP Australia somewhere...)

^ This design is phenomenally good. Has both traditional & modern (90s) aspects.

Love the Doggies clash too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back