treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Hey does anyone that bought the CDs of the 97 98 grand finals of the 5aa commentary still got them lying around somewhere?

I'm really interested in getting my hands on a copy as i've never got a chance to listen to it.

Any help would be great thanks.

-Ben

5AA are nothing but sycophantic toss pots that only rely on ego driven bull crap.

Don’t waste your time., get the DVD and listen to Bruce and Sandy

5AA are nothing but sycophantic toss pots that only rely on ego driven bull crap.

Don’t waste your time., get the DVD and listen to Bruce and Sandy

I can see what you are saying but sometimes i can't stand them sometimes i love them, in the case of their commentary often there is nothing better even though it is extremely bias towards the crows.

Smoovy a PM coming your way.

-Ben

Reminds me of the 97 prelim and i got a laugh out of Cornes and Dittmar.In the last term when Goody was lining up on the angle and Dittmar said whats he like as a kick and Cornes said something about him being a good Cricketer Dittmar said oh thats good least hes on the right ground

Reminds me of the 97 prelim and i got a laugh out of Cornes and Dittmar.In the last term when Goody was lining up on the angle and Dittmar said whats he like as a kick and Cornes said something about him being a good Cricketer Dittmar said oh thats good least hes on the right ground

I was at the game (I doubt I will ever be as excited by a win ever again) but what about Sandy's commentary on that goal

" A chance to cover himself in glory......and he has".

Then there was Drew on Jars' mark

"He jumps and ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a mark.

Shame Jars missed that goal:D

Kane Johnson's kick to Jars on the lead for the winning goal must be one of the best ever.

Goody and Johno were just kids then.

Memories from the corner of my mind..misty water coloured memories of the way we werrrrrreeeeee

I was at the game (I doubt I will ever be as excited by a win ever again) but what about Sandy's commentary on that goal

Kane Johnson's kick to Jars on the lead for the winning goal must be one of the best ever.

Memories from the corner of my mind..misty water coloured memories of the way we werrrrrreeeeee

Funny game is Footy they both had 2 flags before they played 50 Games and Bobby Skilton played in only one final

At the moment they may be memories but hang in there cause the good times are comming back i can feel it in me water

Funny game is Footy they both had 2 flags before they played 50 Games and Bobby Skilton played in only one final

At the moment they may be memories but hang in there cause the good times are comming back i can feel it in me water

For that very reason if they do I will rejoice if not I have tasteted the wine and it was good.....not the more bitter for those that could not taste.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay this has been 6 years in the making guys.

Not sure if anyone is interested but I have managed to upload the 5aa Call to the Channel 7 Video of the 97 Grand Final.

If anyone is interested here is the link:

I got the 97 GF commentary from putting an ad in the paper in the can you help section. 98 was provided by Smoovy 6 years ago and thanks again! But haven't done the 98 one yet as it is harder putting the audio together.

Enjoy!

Quality bump. Will watch at a later date. :thumbsu:
I had the cassette 97 version and remember that it was sped up slightly to fit on the double tape so you couldn't watch and listen with the DVD.

Okay this has been 6 years in the making guys.

Not sure if anyone is interested but I have managed to upload the 5aa Call to the Channel 7 Video of the 97 Grand Final.

If anyone is interested here is the link:

I got the 97 GF commentary from putting an ad in the paper in the can you help section. 98 was provided by Smoovy 6 years ago and thanks again! But haven't done the 98 one yet as it is harder putting the audio together.

Enjoy!

You, sir, are a legend among men.

Two things:

1. Hearing KG commentate makes me feel really, really old.
2. Who was that Freddy guy? Haven't seen him around Adelaide for a while ... ;) :p

Quality bump. Will watch at a later date. :thumbsu:
I had the cassette 97 version and remember that it was sped up slightly to fit on the double tape so you couldn't watch and listen with the DVD.

Ah makes sense now! Way to make an easy job a lot harder!!

I can't figure out the 98 GF speed, which is making it incredibly difficult to do, when the holidays hit I'll have a little more time to see if I can work it out to post that!

I liked cornsey in the last quarter of the GF "waited seven years to get ah dubious free kicks, happens in a grand final.."

Kg - " It's a margin of 15 points on the foodlan scoreboard"

Cornsey- " I'm not saying it"

KG - " If you do Studley I'm throwing you straight out the window"

Guy who screwed cornseys first wife - "What we can say is they got all the running threw the midfield"

I liked cornsey in the last quarter of the GF "waited seven years to get ah dubious free kicks, happens in a grand final.."

Kg - " It's a margin of 15 points on the foodlan scoreboard"

Cornsey- " I'm not saying it"

KG - " If you do Studley I'm throwing you straight out the window"

Guy who screwed cornseys first wife - "What we can say is they got all the running threw the midfield"

Some classic lines! 98 Grand final with 5aa commentary is uploading as we speak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back