Remove this Banner Ad

Crows_United_FC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
I'm so happy that Juventus is coming down under next year!!!
Even though I don't really like the All-star concept, I reckon it's the only way we could get big teams on a yearly basis!! Juventus have stated that they'll bring down a full strength side.

Have little doubt thats what will happen which as Mr B you say would be a fitting way to send him off.

Great stuff - hopefully a few more big clubs decided to come down here and play high profile friendlies.

Can only be good for the game here! :thumbsu:

Great stuff - hopefully a few more big clubs decided to come down here and play high profile friendlies.

Can only be good for the game here! :thumbsu:

I reckon Barcelona will come down to Adelaide to face United in a friendly at Adelaide Oval. Gombau has a lot of connections at Barca! He proved that by getting Thiago Alcantara to do a video promoting Adelaide United.

Here's the vid

I've also heard a rumor that Iniesta will also be in a vid promoting Adelaide United! :)

Its no rumour, itll be on TV soon but I cant see them coming down in the near future. Adelaide Oval would go off if the day comes though.

Its no rumour, itll be on TV soon but I cant see them coming down in the near future. Adelaide Oval would go off if the day comes though.

I can definitely see Barca coming down in the off season. Hopefully our idiotic state government chip in to bring them down. After all it will do wonders for the state economy!! :)

I reckon Barcelona will come down to Adelaide to face United in a friendly at Adelaide Oval. Gombau has a lot of connections at Barca! He proved that by getting Thiago Alcantara to do a video promoting Adelaide United.

Here's the vid

I've also heard a rumor that Iniesta will also be in a vid promoting Adelaide United! :)

That would be amazing if it happened!

Wouldn't mind seeing my Newcastle loves playing in a Newcastle vs Newcastle game one day :D

That would be amazing if it happened!

Wouldn't mind seeing my Newcastle loves playing in a Newcastle vs Newcastle game one day :D

I'm surprised they haven't sent up some kind of parent-feeder link between them, Sheffield have an affiliation with CCM so it could be a possibility.

I'm surprised they haven't sent up some kind of parent-feeder link between them, Sheffield have an affiliation with CCM so it could be a possibility.

Yeah, not sure why it hasn't happened officially yet - probably given both clubs haven't exactly been blessed with reliable and forward thinking positive owners (United with Ashley and the Jets with Constantine and Tinkler).

In the inaugral season of the A league, we had a Newcastle United reserve player - Guy Bates play for the club but only made a handful of appearances. Michael Bridges is a Newcastle upon Tyne (UK) born Geordie as well so there are a few links between the clubs.

I also recall Alan Shearer making a good luck video to the Jets prior to our opening game vs Adelaide back in season 1.

I always make an affiliation on football manager :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see increased attendances in the A-League after the Manchester United game.

Just one night where all the Juve supporters watch their half-strength team play aganist a team derived from a flawed concept in a match with no meaning, atmosphere, etc. which Juve will win 5-0. Those not interested in the game will fail to see it as interesting and the HAL will look bad.

Theres always that side of things and its not like we haven't done a few of them before. The casual fan will always go see the big names.

Channel 7 again have the rights to the All-stars game!! ******* 2 faced w***ers. They Rubbish football all the time and then secure the rights to a game v a world powerhouse! Nothing ever surprises me with this channel anymore. Hopefully this time they can promote the A-league. All I heard last time from them was "Manchester United" "EPL Giants" "Liverpool" "Soccer" "Van Persie" etc...

This game could get 90k if played at mcg. Shame in Sydney it will only get 30k-40k depending on ticket prices

Seriously? Go check the crowd that United drew last year.

Will be a sell out.

It's interesting to note that the Victory v Juventus game from a few years ago only drew 43,000 at Etihad Stadium.

As long as the All Stars don't wear those shocking strips again...

there's a kid, probably 16-17, that comes to victory games wearing the All Stars top every bloody time. it's sickening.

Channel 7 again have the rights to the All-stars game!! ******* 2 faced ******s. They Rubbish football all the time and then secure the rights to a game v a world powerhouse! Nothing ever surprises me with this channel anymore. Hopefully this time they can promote the A-league. All I heard last time from them was "Manchester United" "EPL Giants" "Liverpool" "Soccer" "Van Persie" etc...
Didn't watch the AL v Man United game because it was at the same time as a Lions game, but I did watch Victory v Liverpool and the commentators spent the entire telecast wanking over Liverpool FC and You'll Never Walk Alone. Only good thing about the coverage was that it was in HD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back