Portfolio A-League Expansion

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the A-League Expansion. The year is 2016 and a new era has begun in Australian Football. The people have spoken and have pushed for the A-League to expand. The A-League is contested by 24 teams and operates on a system of promotion and relegation with the 2nd Division. Teams will be posted in random order.

First up, Brisbane Roar.
Home
Really liked the current kits but they lacked a certain colour. Black and Orange is the real colour for Brisbane. Didn't want to tie in the white because it looked to Dutch.
vYD0afm.gif

Away

PSG inspired kit. Looks good and has all the colours incorporated into one.
UPLnIUe.gif

First up, Brisbane Roar.
Home
Really liked the current kits but they lacked a certain colour. Black and Orange is the real colour for Brisbane. Didn't want to tie in the white because it looked to Dutch.
vYD0afm.gif

Away

PSG inspired kit. Looks good and has all the colours incorporated into one.
UPLnIUe.gif
Raysox's old template:thumbsu:

Hoping the Strikers make a return.
Please please please bring in Adelaide City!

And bring in a new South Melbourne side, call them the Saints and use Sunderland/Southampton home kits.
Might do an FFA Cup as well if you guys want. But these teams won't feature in the A-League.
Also is this template available in Paint format? Thanks in Advance
I converted mine to Illustrator. Not sure on the paint version.

Central Coast Mariners
Home

Status Quo. Removed the Central Coast Mariners bit from the logo to tie into a on-field logo. Looks classier.
UzjDW8t.gif

Away
Simple inverse. Does the job.
LLIV9rX.gif

Might do an FFA Cup as well if you guys want. But these teams won't feature in the A-League.

I converted mine to Illustrator. Not sure on the paint version.

Boo you're mean.

Can't expand the A-League and not have Adelaide City or second Brisbane team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First new team in the expansion is Canberra United!
Backstory

Canberra was the first choice for expansion since it had a women's and a NYL team already playing. The primary colour of Canberra United is green, chosen since it did not clash with the other clubs in the competition. The logo is Capital Hill which is based on where they play from.
Home
WnfDjjZ.gif

Away
EQZQI5P.gif

Backstory

Canberra was the first choice for expansion since it had a women's and a NYL team already playing. The primary colour of Canberra United is green, chosen since it did not clash with the other clubs in the competition. The logo is Capital Hill which is based on where they play from.
Home
WnfDjjZ.gif

Away
EQZQI5P.gif
To change it all up a bit from just all green and white, keep some logos as black. Same with the CCM away kit, you could have some white sponsor logos as well.

Just an idea.

Melbourne City
Home

Inspired by Cody's attempt. Added blue to the sleeves and the collar to make it more 'City' like. Also removed the obsidian and replaced it with red which is in the logo.
3vKn42R.gif

Away

Throwback to the original kit ala Barca style.
ZdRQ6nf.gif

Backstory

Home
WnfDjjZ.gif

Away
EQZQI5P.gif
This is fantastic and instantly creates a football team feel. I particularly like the logo, clean, distinctive and classy as hell, very rare for new Australian franchises.
If this team had its own boutique stadium like Hindmarsh, I reckon they'd be the St.Pauli of Australia, everyone's second team.
I'd be changing the nickname though or just Canberra.

Melbourne Victory
Home

Removed sidepanels to give it a cleaner look. Based on the Adidas Condivo Template.
0gW6P2s.gif

Away

Simple inverse. Removed light blue and replaced with the real Victory blue.
yBHyhlJ.gif

hey, loving this portfolio,
Thanks there is more good stuff coming.
perhaps include one or two teams from south east asia? (eg, singapore, malaysia, hong kong), only because it seems realistic and has been mentioned before.
Then why would I call it the A-League. They have their own divisions. Its like Shanghai FC playing in the J-League. It doesn't make sense then. Sorry if you think I'm being a bit rude but that's what I think.

Thanks there is more good stuff coming.

Then why would I call it the A-League. They have their own divisions. Its like Shanghai FC playing in the J-League. It doesn't make sense then. Sorry if you think I'm being a bit rude but that's what I think.

eh, fair enough, though the link makes for interesting reading, and it does make sense. however by your logic, wellington phoenix shouldnt play in the A legue either becuase theyre from new zealand?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back