Portfolio A-League Expansion

Remove this Banner Ad

A mix of timid efforts during expansion and complacent hope that the Mariners would move there when their presence in Gosford inevitably goes under.

Also great efforts Klim! Looking forward to the WSW & Wellington away kits. Their white ones they currently have are woeful.

You mean Newcastle hey.

Nah, the Mariners were always the doozy for Canberra, but they played three games here a while back and the crowds were even worse than Gosford.

Ok.
Been to one Mariners game years ago and the town seemed to get behind them?

Hate the Central coast name though, I understand they need to pull supporters from areas around Gosford but I've never seen the attraction to area names.
Imagine Southern City Victory or Phillip Bay City, what about Brisbane bring back Queensland since the other two are gone again, then you've got First Fleet FC and Torrens Reds and Swan River Glory, pretty nice but totally confusing.

The Queensland Roar should of been called "Brisbane" from the start really.

The reasoning behind it was after the whole Brisbane Lions kerfuffle, they decided to call the club house out at Richlands/Inala Queensland Lions, then once they were accepted into the A-League they used Roar and went in as they only Queensland side so kept that part.

Ok.
Been to one Mariners game years ago and the town seemed to get behind them?

Hate the Central coast name though, I understand they need to pull supporters from areas around Gosford but I've never seen the attraction to area names.
Imagine Southern City Victory or Phillip Bay City, what about Brisbane bring back Queensland since the other two are gone again, then you've got First Fleet FC and Torrens Reds and Swan River Glory, pretty nice but totally confusing.

Nah, the name is alright, considering the GWS monstrosity the AFL has. What really irks me is the lack of difference between Victory and Heart at the start, but I guess there's nothing much to complain about anyway.

It was hilarious when GCU was still around.

"We're yellow, we're blue!
We are from the Coast too!
So are you, so are you..."

Geelong FC
A massive thanks to Dylan8 for letting me use his Geelong logo that he designed for the European competition. It looks good and fits the criteria.
Home
Based on their brothers Geelong over in the AFL. The design is representing the white seagulls and blue water of Corio Bay.
7IVvlrn.gif

Away

Incorporating elements from the logo to the Away Kit.
ifQTuy9.gif

Is that assuming the Victory allow a 2nd navy&white team and don't moan like Sydney?
That kind of crap isn't allowed in the new league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great stuff. Love the colours that you use & the minimalist approach, very neat & modern-looking. Would you consider incorporating some of the defunct A-league teams in your work also? I think you could make their kits look great

ITS BACK.
Yes its finally here again. With the season started I thought I'd comeback and finish this portfolio with a bigger and better concept and end it with a bang.
The final team in Division 1 is.
Western Sydney Wanderers FC
The name was to big to fit into the header so I shortened it. They are still the Wanderers.
Home
A mix of the past and current kits. Sort of a current/throwback thing.
zCTUWIY.gif

Away
Same with the away kit.
SBjYsoV.gif

ITS BACK.
Yes its finally here again. With the season started I thought I'd comeback and finish this portfolio with a bigger and better concept and end it with a bang.
The name was to big to fit into the header so I shortened it. They are still the Wanderers.
Home
zCTUWIY.gif

Away
Same with the away kit.
SBjYsoV.gif
I like it, in that you've put a design on it, rather than a single colour jersey with the cuffs changed a bit, and it's similar to what they already wear. Just a couple of ideas though, to add colour, perhaps the cuffs on the away could be red (with the collar black). The name and numbers on the home should probably be how it is already, white with a black outline, so as to increase contrast against the black hoops

I like it, in that you've put a design on it, rather than a single colour jersey with the cuffs changed a bit, and it's similar to what they already wear. Just a couple of ideas though, to add colour, perhaps the cuffs on the away could be red (with the collar black). The name and numbers on the home should probably be how it is already, white with a black outline, so as to increase contrast against the black hoops
Yeah, I get what your saying. Just wanted to change it up a bit seeing its a new league and all. On the away I tried adding the red like current but it really didn't look that great. Division 2 is coming so you may see some teams with the color red.

ITS BACK.
Home
zCTUWIY.gif

Away
Same with the away kit.
SBjYsoV.gif
Also I'd suggest that Mitsub won't be too happy with their red diamond logo being white

First team in Division 2 is the Wollongong Wolves.

It was felt amongst the FFA that the twice Australian Champions the Wollongong Wolves should be the team from the Illawarra. Former Wollongong star Scott Chipperfield has thrown his support behind them and has come out of retirement to lead the team in its first season. The club will be backed by Bruce Gordon, Australia's 14th wealthiest person. Wollongong's bid for admission into the A-League was helped due to its strong junior participation rates in football with the region widely being regarded as a 'heartland of football'. The Wolves play out of WIN Stadium.
Wollongong Wolves FC
Like many other teams from the Illawarra region the Wolves have traditionally played in red and white. These colours are taken from the local floral emblem – the Illawarra Flametree which is used by representative teams and sporting associations throughout the area.
Home
The club's emblem has evolved throughout the years also. The original crest featured a wolf which is on the kit and pays a homage to the original.
Ua8svjo.gif

Away
Generally the away kits have been a white inverse throughout much of the Wolves history. Makes sense to keep the tradition going.
zTD3JaI.gif

First team in Division 2 is the Wollongong Wolves.

It was felt amongst the FFA that the twice Australian Champions the Wollongong Wolves should be the team from the Illawarra. Former Wollongong star Scott Chipperfield has thrown his support behind them and has come out of retirement to lead the team in its first season. The club will be backed by Bruce Gordon, Australia's 14th wealthiest person. Wollongong's bid for admission into the A-League was helped due to its strong junior participation rates in football with the region widely being regarded as a 'heartland of football'. The Wolves play out of WIN Stadium.
Wollongong Wolves FC
Like many other teams from the Illawarra region the Wolves have traditionally played in red and white. These colours are taken from the local floral emblem – the Illawarra Flametree which is used by representative teams and sporting associations throughout the area.
Home
The club's emblem has evolved throughout the years also. The original crest featured a wolf which is on the kit and pays a homage to the original.
Ua8svjo.gif

Away
Generally the away kits have been a white inverse throughout much of the Wolves history. Makes sense to keep the tradition going.
zTD3JaI.gif
These Wolves strips are class! You could even send it to the club if you wish (sponsors, logos and manufacturers are a big part of it).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back