A-League Grand Final: Brisbane Roar v Perth Glory

Remove this Banner Ad

No respect for Berisha. Whether he dived or not he should not have celebrated the penalty surely he knew he wasn't touched.

The game didn't deserve to end that way. Absolutely pathetic.
he was touched. the back of his leg did get kicked.
did it knock him off balance and subsequently cause him to fall over?
probably not and no penalty.
but don't say there was no contact when there quite clearly was.

Now Berisha was a complete knob when the penalty was awarded but you can't call him a diving cheat - he lost balance and fell over. All hate should be directed at the referee and his linesman who made the horrific decision.
yep. wasn't a dive but a fall. he went to kick the ball, lost his balance and missed it. the guy had dribbled past them and had a close range shot one on one with the keeper with no one in front of him. he had no reason to dive.

And why on earth did Gillett get the nod ahead of Green, Williams, Deloski (or whoever his last name is), Breeze, or O'Leary? I'm with Clive Palmer on this one. The FFA are dumb and corrupt.

And why on earth did Gillett get the nod ahead of Green, Williams, Deloski (or whoever his last name is), Breeze, or O'Leary? I'm with Clive Palmer on this one. The FFA are dumb and corrupt.

Why he didn't get the gig today is beyond me. One of the better refs of the lot.

Now Berisha was a complete knob when the penalty was awarded but you can't call him a diving cheat - he lost balance and fell over. All hate should be directed at the referee and his linesman who made the horrific decision.
Yeah.. apart from the dramatic throw the arms and heads back like he was shot from the stands.. then the running around celebrating. All hate should be directed at 3 people.

He clearly lost his balance, but the way he flopped down like a salmon and threw his hand up shows that he was looking for a penalty. In my books that's a dive.

Whether it was or wasn't a dive, his celebration at getting an unjust penalty was absolutely disgusting. No class in the slightest.

A-League is a joke, but no one should be surprised. Almost every week there are terrible decisions. In a sport often decided by a single goal, players will do whatever they can to gain an advantage and referees can't be relied upon to make correct decisions. Soccer is a poorly officiated sport the world over, especially here. How many incorrect off side calls and bullshit penalties are needed before FIFA gets serious?

I've followed Liverpool since the late 70s, have lived in England and seen many games there, been to a few A-League games, but in my opinion the sport is a joke. That won't stop me taking 3 weeks off work to watch the Euro 2012 but not for one second do I believe that the 'world game', the 'beautiful game' is the best sport in the world. The sport needs to be improved, yet it will never happen. There are far too many changes and improvements that need to be made.

he was touched. the back of his leg did get kicked.
did it knock him off balance and subsequently cause him to fall over?
probably not and no penalty.
but don't say there was no contact when there quite clearly was.

Good to see there are a few rational people around.

Wrong call yes but as Berisha said "this is football"

It happens. And will continue to happen. A single goal decides games. It is what it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Berisha is a disgrace but the officials rewarded him - they are the biggest problem and yet again decide a match. How many officials saw it for what it is and decided to award the penalty?

That match is why people are turning off the A-league in numbers. Too many games being decided by inept officials.

Good to see there are a few rational people around.

Wrong call yes but as Berisha said "this is football"

It happens. And will continue to happen. A single goal decides games. It is what it is.
Rich coming from Berisha. And rich coming from a Queenslander.

Murder is a part of humanity. Does that make it acceptable? Does that make it excusable?

Berisha did not dive. But he did call for a penalty that never was. His antics after the match were deplorable: Such outlandish celebrations whenever the cameras were facing him. How many other Roar players were that obvious in their celebration? He clearly realises that it was a dive, and shows no remorse. A prick of the highest order.

The A-League has lost me as a fan if there are no consequences. A ban, an apology, and some humility from the FFA would go a long way. Unfortunately, none of that will occur.

I'll admit that it didn't look likely that we'd be winning in extra time, but I would've preferred to lose on a legitimate goal than a bullshit penalty.

Such a shame that the game was decided by a mistake from the official... yet again. Brisbane were definitely the better team but they didn't put it on the scoreboard and 1-1 extra time anything could happen (Perth were a man down though).

No one should be surprised. No one should be upset. It happens a lot.

And 4 minutes injury time should have been 4 minutes. This tradition of letting the ref decide when he wants to end the game has to stop. Any other sport that doesn't have official timekeepers rather than a geriatric that takes a guess?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back