TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
Noticed there hasn't been a thread for the last few weeks.
So i thought i'd get this one started now.

Friday Night
Newcastle Jets vs. Adelaide United

Saturday
Wellington Phoenix vs. Sydney FC
Melbourne City vs. Melbourne Victory
Perth Glory vs. Western Sydney Wanderers

Sunday Arvo

Central Coast Mariners vs. Brisbane Roar

-----

The derby should be a ripper.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
The derby should be a ripper.

If the forecast 39 degrees on Saturday happens, it's unfortunately very likely to take some sting out of the crowd and out of the game - especially with Victory coming off a mid-week game. I'm going, so I hope I'm wrong - but I half expect a tedious affair because of the weather, and because the Victory might try and bottle it up after some defensive frailties over the last month.

I doubt Delpierre will play tomorrow night (I don't think he can play twice a week at the moment), meaning Deng or Galifuoco will start; then there's every chance that one of them starts on Saturday next to Delpierre with Broxham going into midfield, and with Victory playing an extra midfield in a 4-3-2-1 like they did for most of the Sydney game (and like they should've done against the Wanderers). That also gives FBK a much needed kick in the pants.

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
If the forecast 39 degrees on Saturday happens, it's unfortunately very likely to take some sting out of the crowd and out of the game - especially with Victory coming off a mid-week game. I'm going, so I hope I'm wrong - but I half expect a tedious affair because of the weather, and because the Victory might try and bottle it up after some defensive frailties over the last month.

I doubt Delpierre will play tomorrow night (I don't think he can play twice a week at the moment), meaning Deng or Galifuoco will start; then there's every chance that one of them starts on Saturday next to Delpierre with Broxham going into midfield, and with Victory playing an extra midfield in a 4-3-2-1 like they did for most of the Sydney game (and like they should've done against the Wanderers). That also gives FBK a much needed kick in the pants.

Holy crap i didn't register that it would be so hot, let's hope the forecast changes.
Makes sense though as it will even be 31 here in Hobart on Sunday lol

Either way with Victory playing right now in Perth and i have to say in a bit of a form slump.
I think City should be to good and get the 3 points.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Liverpool, Cavaliers
******* hell. How did we not win that??? Newcastle are garbage and showed it. Should have won that game, best team for the whole 90. Frustrating.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
******* hell. How did we not win that??? Newcastle are garbage and showed it. Should have won that game, best team for the whole 90. Frustrating.
Not sure about the whole 90, Jets cut us to bits several times but overall United should of won it. A heap of chances but the quality of ball coming in is poor the majority of time and our transition is just too slow.

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Liverpool, Cavaliers
Not sure about the whole 90, Jets cut us to bits several times but overall United should of won it. A heap of chances but the quality of ball coming in is poor the majority of time and our transition is just too slow.
Newcastle had a few moments to score but they never really had momentum in the game. We dominated possession and had more chances. It's two points dropped.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Newcastle had a few moments to score but they never really had momentum in the game. We dominated possession and had more chances. It's two points dropped.
No doubt 2 points dropped but things won't get better until the squad is changed. This lot are simply not good enough

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Victory being torn to pieces

Back