A League Round 11 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee, look at the offended. Covic gets Berisha's leg, he doesn't get the ball. Clear penalty, regardless of what the pro-Sydney/anti-Melbourne crew on Fox Sports tell you.

Edit: wait, 'but hurt' with another t is now edited? worst. censorship. ever.

Gee, look at the offended. Covic gets Berisha's leg, he doesn't get the ball. Clear penalty, regardless of what the pro-Sydney/anti-Melbourne crew on Fox Sports tell you.

Its pro eastern state and it wasn't a pen.

Its pro eastern state and it wasn't a pen.

Lol. Fox Sports have never been pro-eastern state, and the ridiculousness of that statement renders anything else you've said in that post not worth reading!

In any case - for all the ... ahem, "offended" - there is no evidence that it wasn't a penalty, so please spare me the outrage. No, penalties shouldn't be benefit of the doubt, but perhaps we should give the referee some credit for having a view of it that the cameras didn't get.

Nobby is a pretty apt user name if you're gonna be like that.

Love the insults, keep it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didn't touch him.

Gee I hope Oxborough is just one of those dudes who goes red all over when he's working hard - that looks like an insanely painful sunburn!

Simon Hill is pretty balanced, he didn't think it was a PK.

I'll go with him over an irrational fan.

From the 5 replays I saw, Berisha dived. He has a history of diving and cheating, you do realize that? Covic reacting like he did, I'd believe him over the twat that is Berisha.

:rolleyes:

No, its the first A League game I've watched.

So "having a history of diving" (I'll avoid the other slur) means you shouldn't be awarded penalties? The referee has to call what he sees.

Covic's body was blocking the contact (if there was any) on the angle that should've shown it - therefore we're all guessing. I ducked out at ht, but they only showed 3 different angles during the game.

They showed angles that clearly showed there was no contact. Covic pulled one of his arms out beneath Berisha's legs at the last second (no contact) and Berisha just fell over. Having a history of cheating like he does, referees should be more alert with him.

Isaias rarely gets the free kicks he used to because he played for them, and the referees cracked down on him. Why shouldn't they do it with Berisha?

It wasn't a penalty I don't care who you are or what club you support. if you think that's a penalty you should stop watching the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back