A-LEAGUE ROUND 20 DISCUSSION THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

actually only just offside. That looked a mile off in real speed

What are everyone's views on showing replays at the ground? Obviously the players wouldn't have reacted like they did if they didn't see the replay. Incredibly harsh by the referee to give a yellow card. How does he expect the players to react when a blatant offside is replayed? Should have calmed them down instead of dishing out a card immediately.

Just offside once you take his arms out of the context of making the decision. Can easily see why the linesman made that decision.

Definitely offside, but I don't reckon it was intentional handball for the (apparently second? I only caught the last 10 or so) as he was in the motion of putting his arm down. You see them given of course, but I don't know. I can imagine why people are pissed off though considering that offside happened just moments before the handball shout.
I reckon the ref has been ultimately poor both ways though in the little that I watched.
Of course being a Glory fan I notice some of the decisions against us more than others. Victory deserved a few yellows that weren't given, not that it makes up for the offside call.

What are everyone's views on showing replays at the ground? Obviously the players wouldn't have reacted like they did if they didn't see the replay. Incredibly harsh by the referee to give a yellow card. How does he expect the players to react when a blatant offside is replayed? Should have calmed them down instead of dishing out a card immediately.

Tbh, they don't show replays at Suncorp. I think it's for the best when it comes to players/officials. Doesn't make that much of a difference between fans as they'll just boo the officials regardless if the decision goes against their team.

Must have been offside by a whole 5cm. Disgraceful decision. Linesman should be hanged. I've never seen a player make an error before.

Should never have been a yellow card for dissent. Physical intimidation is totally allowed if you've been hard done by.

I could tell he was offside instantly when they froze the shot and put a massive black line across the field. HOW HARD IS IT LINESMAN?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My thoughts are that if they can show the replay on the screen so rapidly, the sport should move with the times and use it to get the right decision.

The ref was quite lenient both ways in the first half. Could have been a few yellow cards. The offside was very close and not as bad as it looked at full speed.
When all is said and done, these 2 teams are stacked full of hot heads with both coaches more likely to inflame any situation rather than becalm anybody. Difficult game for a ref.

Draw would be great even if we aren't in good enough form to make a difference

should never show them. They don't in Brisbane

Two great matches today. A-League should really be getting some more attention in the media with such an exciting run home.

My thoughts are that if they can show the replay on the screen so rapidly, the sport should move with the times and use it to get the right decision.

I don't think the game would benefit in any way from ruling out goals like Perth's goal tonight. In close offsides, the advantage is supposed to go to the attacking team. We're going to have a lot fewer goals if we start nitpicking over a few millimetres. It totally misses the point of why we have the offside rule in the first place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back