A-LEAGUE SEMI FINAL #2-Brisbane Roar v Melbourne Victory (SUN 5pm EST)

Remove this Banner Ad

50/50 decision. The player played for the penalty, he fell down like he had been shot. If he kept his feet you blokes probably score. That's the risk you take when you fall down so easily.

How do you expect him to keep his feet in a situation like that?

Was a clear penalty ffs!!

50/50 decision. The player played for the penalty, he fell down like he had been shot. If he kept his feet you blokes probably score. That's the risk you take when you fall down so easily.

Watch it again mate. The player had momentum moving forward ready to kick the ball when he was taken out. I think you've got rose coloured glasses on because you don't want to think that you ended that game without the ref's assistance.

All the guys in the commentary box were baffled and angry with the decision. And when your Manager was asked he said "well, gee, looked like there were a lot of people around... not sure I really saw it."

As I said, take the win and run. But heading in here and calling Muscat a peanut is pretty harsh. Particularly considering he took a team that have played more in the last week than you've had hot dinner and nearly led them home in an away match. Have a little freaking respect mate.

Watch it again mate. The player had momentum moving forward ready to kick the ball when he was taken out. I think you've got rose coloured glasses on because you don't want to think that you ended that game without the ref's assistance.
A roar fan talking trash about a player 'diving' for a penalty. gimme a spell. Such short memory

We should have scored from a number of chances in last 10 mins, but it was a disgraceful decision by the ref not to give a penalty.

Disappointing way to end both the ACL and A-League campaigns.

We should have brought Nabbout on about 10 minutes earlier. I was screaming at the TV for Muscat to make the change. I think he went way too late with that change. As soon as he brought him on our forward line sparked with the extra legs and gave other guys like Archie a chance to get space. Was a rookie coaching mistake imo.

We should have brought Nabbout on about 10 minutes earlier. I was screaming at the TV for Muscat to make the change. I think he went way too late with that change. As soon as he brought him on our forward line sparked with the extra legs and gave other guys like Archie a chance to get space. Was a rookie coaching mistake imo.
Was thinking the same thing, would have brought Jeggo on ahead of Mahazi as well.

I would accept the penalty call, but if you fall down like a sack of potato's because you get some on contact I think you make it a 50/50 call as the ref is entitled to think you are staging.

Sorry, but any 'on contact' when you're running directly at a player, in the box, about to kick at goal is not acceptable. Never acceptable. You're making stuff up mate.

Yeah I though he brought him on to late too needed to risk it 10min earlier

If there is one thing Muscat has struggled with this season it has been his substitutions.

Was at the game, next to the den on the left hand side of the goals on the fence. Milligan flapped it for what I thought, didn't look like much of an appeal out of the players. Haven't seen replay.

Had a heart attack at the end. still haven't seen the mckay header off the line going by no comments it didn't cross.

Was at the game, next to the den on the left hand side of the goals on the fence. Milligan flapped it for what I thought, didn't look like much of an appeal out of the players. Haven't seen replay.

Had a heart attack at the end. still haven't seen the mckay header off the line going by no comments it didn't cross.

Definite pen mate.

Apart from the drama at the end because of yet another refereeing blunder both semis were piss poor really.

I would accept the penalty call, but if you fall down like a sack of potato's because you get some on contact I think you make it a 50/50 call as the ref is entitled to think you are staging.
You are taking the proverbial, it was a clear penalty, more than enough contact and no Milligan does not play for it. Running at him it almost looks like a two footed challenge, looked like such a clumsy challenge as well. sebre is and always will be a poor official. Only gets a go because most of the other officials are so young and inexperienced.

All made worse that they were in good positions to call it.

Want to see someone playing for it...watch the last couple mins of the 2nd round of the wc in 06.....there's a sack of potatoes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Appalling decision, but really I thought Milligan spoke well when he mentioned that Victory just didn't do enough in the first 85 minutes to warrant a result. You can blame the officials all you want, but we didn't look like scoring for the majority of the match and that's what really killed us. Credit to Brisbane though, took their chances in a fairly even game and are through to the final as a result.

You will not see a clearer penalty than that. Horrible non call.

Painful reading some of these comments. As a Victory fan myself, I know all about horrible referee decisions, but in this case, he was 100% on the money. No penalty. Simply put, the tackle came instantly after a pass - which is play on every day of the week. If Milligan was in the process of dribbling the ball, and then a tackle was made, then it would be a clear-cut penalty.

I enjoyed Muscat telling it like it is.

Strebre who I think is a top official made a horrible blunder. The most obvious decision of the night and how he got it so wrong was beyond me. The assistant referee who had a clear view of it decided to not make the right call instead was comfortable raising his flag earlier in the half for an offside when the Victory player came to receive the ball in HIS OWN half, ended up taking possession of it in his own half, yet it's offside? Hmm... Every time Broich flapped around his whistle was in his mouth. This time, when Milligan was clearly impeded he swallowed it.

For it to happen twice within a week is a disgrace.

I enjoyed Muscat telling it like it is.

Strebre who I think is a top official made a horrible blunder. The most obvious decision of the night and how he got it so wrong was beyond me. The assistant referee who had a clear view of it decided to not make the right call instead was comfortable raising his flag earlier in the half for an offside when the Victory player came to receive the ball in HIS OWN half, ended up taking possession of it in his own half, yet it's offside? Hmm... Every time Broich flapped around his whistle was in his mouth. This time, when Milligan was clearly impeded he swallowed it.

For it to happen twice within a week is a disgrace.

Offside as in Archie leading up to penalty shout ?

Apart from the drama at the end because of yet another refereeing blunder both semis were piss poor really.

yep. tbh really not a fan of this final series the last year or so. for NRL and AFL it might work but for me the champions are Brisbane this year no matter what happens on Sunday

might be because of the change of format but it actually just feels like a money grab for the FFA more than anything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back