A-LEAGUE SEMI FINAL #2-Sydney FC V Adelaide United

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh.

Fought back but it was too late with too much to do. Giving up a 3-0 lead after 47 minutes in a knockout semi final away from home is a nightmare and I can't think of anything worse.

We had the squad to make the GF this season but we failed when it mattered. It's been a great year and we finished 3rd, but it's not something this club can accept each season.

Meh.

Fought back but it was too late with too much to do. Giving up a 3-0 lead after 47 minutes in a knockout semi final away from home is a nightmare and I can't think of anything worse.

We had the squad to make the GF this season but we failed when it mattered. It's been a great year and we finished 3rd, but it's not something this club can accept each season.

#needastriker

Only ourselves to blame, we should've finished higher but those three 2-1 away losses to the bottom 3 sides plus those two home draws against the victory were what cost us a home final this week (& likely the Premiers plate).

I know we've got a playoff spot for next years ACL, but means absolutely nothing if we can't qualify for it via winning silverware in the A-League.

Simon Hill in the second minute of four minutes of stoppage time and with Adelaide 4-1 down:

"Any goal here for the Reds would surely only be a consolation...".

Insightful stuff there.

Sydney fans show once again they need a celebrity to make them turn up.

Not good enough tonight, the 2 best sides made the GF but lets hope we can make an imprint in Asia again.

Sydney have a few dangerous players. They're the only other team I rated as a challenger, and here we are. We'd want to keep an eye on Naumoff.

Josep says he wants a new player on every line, which hopefully means a clinical striker and solid CB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney fans show once again they need a celebrity to make them turn up.

Not good enough tonight, the 2 best sides made the GF but lets hope we can make an imprint in Asia again.
Their biggest home game for the year and for a place in the Grand Final. It is beyond pathetic. The media really should rip into them.

If we had a striker like Janko we would be near unstoppable. Thing is we dont have the coin to do it.

All we ever do these days is fail in the finals. It's just sad and pathetic.

Another wasted season.

If you'd had told me in October that by May we would have finished third, made the semi's and won the first FFA Cup, I'd have taken it. Definitely not a wasted season, but a disappointing end.

Seriously this annoying culture needs to f***ing change ASAP!!! Get a Royal Commission, anything that will make our club have a much better culture!!!

:rolleyes: As opposed to the culture of whispers and backstabbings that have characterised much of SA football prior to Gombau? You cannot be serious with your Royal Commission comment.

The big issue and always has been money for us. We just don't have the funds like a Victory or Sydney FC to attract the big name players. We're missing a clinical striker and a dominant centre back. Melbourne and Sydney have both of those types of players at their disposal. We've brought in all these Spanish players but their short people. Very good players, but short people. Djite is a physical presence but his goal scoring record is s**t.

We won a trophy this season so that's brilliant. As far as the A-League goes, we didn't. Need to change that next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back