Remove this Banner Ad

STFU Donnie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton, Chiefs Kingdom
When Seven is broadcasting FTA a FOX game involving either the Eagles or Dockers, do you get the entire FOX broadcast?

I ask because, here in Adelaide whenever there is a FOX game involving the Crows or Power we get only the actual game commentary. The rest of the telecast is Bruce Abernathy and Andrew Jarman (groan) rabbiting on. And I do mean rabbiting on.

Do Perth viewers have to endure this ridiculous parochialism? If so, who are the chosen bunnies?

Thanks for the reply. What do they think? That we'll be corrupted by the nasty Victorians?

Thankfully, I have Fox this year, but last year it was either Basil and Peter Bell (Freo games), or Basil & Damien Barrat (Eagles games). Worst.
Holy s**t that is absolutely pathetic, I'd rather watch the dots playing kick to kick (on a 30 + second delay) on the old Match Center

Thanks for the reply. What do they think? That we'll be corrupted by the nasty Victorians?

That's the gist. Biased commentary etc. The Ch 7 Perth production values are the most sickening aspect though.

It's almost impossible to see your non-victorian teams on FTA with a lot of Dockers, Eagles games overriding the schedule.

When Seven is broadcasting FTA a FOX game involving either the Eagles or Dockers, do you get the entire FOX broadcast?

I ask because, here in Adelaide whenever there is a FOX game involving the Crows or Power we get only the actual game commentary. The rest of the telecast is Bruce Abernathy and Andrew Jarman (groan) rabbiting on. And I do mean rabbiting on.

Do Perth viewers have to endure this ridiculous parochialism? If so, who are the chosen bunnies?
Interesting. NSW/Qld just get the full FOX game.

That's the gist. Biased commentary etc. The Ch 7 Perth production values are the most sickening aspect though.

It's almost impossible to see your non-victorian teams on FTA with a lot of Dockers, Eagles games overriding the schedule.

They put the home state games on delay half the time anyway. Sickening, thank god I no longer have to put up w/ it.

Yes we get much the same here in Perth.
I normally just watch on Fox but they also put so much crap into their coverage, war room etc etc. It is all absolute garbage and just jobs for the boys.

I do think you will find that the ridiculous parochialism is in pretty much every state.
When the Eagles play in Melbourne the commentators are almost barracking for the Victorian club.
It has been this way for ever I guess.
You have to remember that the vast majority in WA support either the Dockers or the Eagles, local format would be done to suit them. That will never change.
But I agree they do ramble on a fair bit.

I do think you will find that the ridiculous parochialism is in pretty much every state.
When the Eagles play in Melbourne the commentators are almost barracking for the Victorian club.
You have to remember that the vast majority in WA support either the Dockers or the Eagles, local format would be done to suit them. That will never change.

Sometimes though, I think people confuse barracking for the underdog with biased. It should probably be taken as a compliment ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is wrong with production or are you whining about programming.

I remember before I had Foxtel when a good game was on Fox I'd be disappointed that some one sided Melbourne game with 15,000 people at the MCG was on.

Since I got Foxtel (when they got 9 games a round) I'm disappointed when a good game is on 7 and I will be subjected to SD images and terrible production value, commentators etc.:D

I grew up in Perth, lived there later for a couple of years, still visit family there, and there's no parochialism more ridiculous than Perth's. It used to be truly insane before the Dockers became a decent team, because all anyone wanted to talk about was the Eagles. People would complain about any actual neutral coverage because it wasn't focused on West Coast. They found that biased because it was less pro-Eagles than they were used to.

For sure there's bias everywhere, including Vic bias against non-Vic teams, but it's a different level when you have an entire city supporting just two (mainly one) teams.

For sure there's bias everywhere, including Vic bias against non-Vic teams, but it's a different level when you have an entire city supporting just two (mainly one) teams.
Yeah even though Freo are half decent these days our we are still dwarfed in popularity by West Coast. Although a lot of people east would be surprised at how many people of all ages support random Victorian teams over here, I think many might have hated the Eagle 'mania' in the 90s and Freo were rubbish so they just picked someone else..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back