A question for Perth fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Drew Banfield was worse than Jako.

It was good for a laugh, wasn't it.

How's Basils pathetic commentary tonight. Dockers V Carlton
'Murphy kicks it from the West Coast Eagles pocket'

just because the eagles players race is there, flog

I vote Basil worst commentator
Jacko worst 'special guest' type commentator

I grew up in Perth, lived there later for a couple of years, still visit family there, and there's no parochialism more ridiculous than Perth's. It used to be truly insane before the Dockers became a decent team, because all anyone wanted to talk about was the Eagles. People would complain about any actual neutral coverage because it wasn't focused on West Coast. They found that biased because it was less pro-Eagles than they were used to.

For sure there's bias everywhere, including Vic bias against non-Vic teams, but it's a different level when you have an entire city supporting just two (mainly one) teams.

Nic Naitanui is still on the back page of the West Australian every week despite the Eagles being 14th or something and him being the worst player in the team.

When Seven is broadcasting FTA a FOX game involving either the Eagles or Dockers, do you get the entire FOX broadcast?

I ask because, here in Adelaide whenever there is a FOX game involving the Crows or Power we get only the actual game commentary. The rest of the telecast is Bruce Abernathy and Andrew Jarman (groan) rabbiting on. And I do mean rabbiting on.

Do Perth viewers have to endure this ridiculous parochialism? If so, who are the chosen bunnies?

I am in Sydney and I have to say that on all the fox broadcasts the panel and related discussions are absolutely sheizenhousen for all games bar none.

Other than the actual siren to siren game, they detract significantly from the experience. Dead air would be better. I hit the mute button.

I grew up in Perth, lived there later for a couple of years, still visit family there, and there's no parochialism more ridiculous than Perth's. It used to be truly insane before the Dockers became a decent team, because all anyone wanted to talk about was the Eagles. People would complain about any actual neutral coverage because it wasn't focused on West Coast. They found that biased because it was less pro-Eagles than they were used to.

For sure there's bias everywhere, including Vic bias against non-Vic teams, but it's a different level when you have an entire city supporting just two (mainly one) teams.

WA should be an independent nation!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Gossage commentated a few Eagles FoxFooty games during 03-06 (?) from memory. Looking back, that was horrendous.

I am in Sydney and I have to say that on all the fox broadcasts the panel and related discussions are absolutely sheizenhousen for all games bar none.

Other than the actual siren to siren game, they detract significantly from the experience. Dead air would be better. I hit the mute button.
The problem is they are giving these ex-players gigs because they have no other skills. There needs to be more commentators that haven't played and are there for their unbiassed reporting and commentating skills. Since when did you need 7 guys to be special comments.

When Seven is broadcasting FTA a FOX game involving either the Eagles or Dockers, do you get the entire FOX broadcast?

I ask because, here in Adelaide whenever there is a FOX game involving the Crows or Power we get only the actual game commentary. The rest of the telecast is Bruce Abernathy and Andrew Jarman (groan) rabbiting on. And I do mean rabbiting on.

Do Perth viewers have to endure this ridiculous parochialism? If so, who are the chosen bunnies?

yeah because eddie mcguire, dermie, kingy and co are so good. Usually dont even bother watching pre-game or bewtween qtrs, they all just talk crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back