Player Watch #1 - Jesse Hogan - traded to Freo - #fistedforever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wouldn't go there, but the fact they (and others) would pay that sort of money means that that is his worth on the open market. Now whilst we don't have to pay "full retail" we still have to be in the ball park, particularly considering we're trying to convince him to sign an extension.

Thats my point, everyone is worth more on the open market

If we offered him 300 an he left for brisbane for 500 then I wouldnt want him anyway because clearly his main priority is money

When they put the offers down on the table of 500k then id be happy for the club to match it

However with him still in contract and no real possibility of him leaving im not going to be scared by manager scare tactics
Are you Dustin Martins manager??

You do not under any circumstance want to give them (camp Hogan) any reason to talk to another club. Why encourage him into the arms of another?? And if they did, that's pure bad faith bargaining. Then we say f you you're a 0 game player talent aside.

Are you Dustin Martins manager??

You do not under any circumstance want to give them (camp Hogan) any reason to talk to another club. Why encourage him into the arms of another?? And if they did, that's pure bad faith bargaining. Then we say f you you're a 0 game player talent aside.

If he was already looking at other clubs before he had played for us then he could * off

Thats my point, everyone is worth more on the open market

If we offered him 300 an he left for brisbane for 500 then I wouldnt want him anyway because clearly his main priority is money
That's 40% lower than market rate. I'd suggest we'd need to be within 10-15% of the market.

If you applied that principle to everyone on our list we would be over the cap in no time
How so? That's negotiating. If we went around offering 40% below open market rates no one would want to sign on with us. Besides we're talking about somebody we are trying seduce into an extension.

We're not Geelong circa 2008-2010 and we are not in premiership mode. We're hardly the Keira knightly of footy clubs.

If you applied that principle to everyone on our list we would be over the cap in no time

I doubt it. We have a pretty lean list when it comes to top end talent.

We are playing well because Roos has got several average players (see Terlich, Jetta, Pederson, Dunn, M Jones, Bail etc etc) playing to a good system. These guys will never be offered big bucks to change clubs.

In fact, I would suggest we would struggle to pay the full cap rather than struggling to fit everyone in.

How so? That's negotiating. If we went around offering 40% below open market rates no one would want to sign on with us. Besides we're talking about somebody we are trying seduce into an extension.

We're not Geelong circa 2008-2010 and we are not in premiership mode. We're hardly the Keira knightly of footy clubs.

We also arent this pathetic helpless club who will collapse if one bloke doesnt get an over average salary
Im done arguing it because I got the same crap when I tried to tell people paying scully a million was stupid

Its more than just this one contract, Its every contract that has to be renegotiated after this

What happens if we draft Peter Wright or whoever with the Number 1 pick and then he has the same manager as Hogan so says to Melbourne well He wants 500k for 5 as well or else im leaving for the draft when my contract expires

What about When Dom Tyson knocks on the door and says hold on im the best young talent in a pathetic midfield why am I getting less than Hogan when im an AA at 21

and so on

We also arent this pathetic helpless club who will collapse if one bloke doesnt get an over average salary
Im done arguing it because I got the same crap when I tried to tell people paying scully a million was stupid

Its more than just this one contract, Its every contract that has to be renegotiated after this

What happens if we draft Peter Wright or whoever with the Number 1 pick and then he has the same manager as Hogan so says to Melbourne well He wants 500k for 5 as well or else im leaving for the draft when my contract expires

What about When Dom Tyson knocks on the door and says hold on im the best young talent in a pathetic midfield why am I getting less than Hogan when im an AA at 21

and so on
for the same reasons Dan Hannebury says "Hi Budwah" every morning at training.

If Peter Wright as a 17yo KPF comes third in the VFL league BnF having missed a few games then pay the man the money.

for the same reasons Dan Hannebury says "Hi Budwah" every morning at training.

If Peter Wright as a 17yo KPF comes third in the VFL league BnF having missed a few games then pay the man the money.

Because we have a fickle market who only turn up to support big names when they are winning?

Didnt Paul Johnson win the VFL best and Fairest

Because we have a fickle market who only turn up to support big names when they are winning?

Didnt Paul Johnson win the VFL best and Fairest
Not at Hogans age.

At worst Hogan will be an upgrade on Dawes, and here paying him that sort of money. Yes we paid overs to get him in, but Hogan will make money by creating hype and interest in the club.

Out of interest what was your view on paying Roo's $1.5M?

Not at Hogans age.

At worst Hogan will be an upgrade on Dawes, and here paying him that sort of money. Yes we paid overs to get him in, but Hogan will make money by creating hype and interest in the club.

Out of interest what was your view on paying Roo's $1.5M?

My View was that despite it being the AFL's money it was completely worth it
But your talking about a proven premiership coach against a 0 gamer

Jesse Hogan could win us the next ten years of premierships and he still wouldn't be worth how irritating this thread is.
Shutup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys, this thread has gone around in circles for the past few days - let's just wait and see what happens, this time trusting the club might actually be worthwhile!

and so on
You were right about Scully. Every week you get more right about Scully.
This is much less money and I think that makes a difference.
Tyson has every right to ask for midfield money, but there are many more mids in the AFL and in the draft and grater availability for Melbourne to get more through drafts and trades.
Hogan is a key forward. They are hard to come by. Definitely Carlton, Collingwood, Fremantle, West Coast, Geelong and most likely Hawthorn would have a crack at him in an open market, and they would all pay $500K, so he is worth $500K.

if you rearrange the letters in 'Jesse', and misspell 'Jesus' you get Jeses! It's a sign!

"The savior hath arrived and he shall come in the form of a hulking, moody full forward from the west and his goals shall be plentiful and good. And the Melbourne faithful saw this and it was good"

1814095_o.gif

You were right about Scully. Every week you get more right about Scully.
This is much less money and I think that makes a difference.
Tyson has every right to ask for midfield money, but there are many more mids in the AFL and in the draft and grater availability for Melbourne to get more through drafts and trades.
Hogan is a key forward. They are hard to come by. Definitely Carlton, Collingwood, Fremantle, West Coast, Geelong and most likely Hawthorn would have a crack at him in an open market, and they would all pay $500K, so he is worth $500K.

Not even I realised how s**t he was gonna be though

Anyway after watching Dawes and Frawley plod around on the weekend I dont know what I was thinking
Pay Hogan a million if we have to

Not even I realised how s**t he was gonna be though

Anyway after watching Dawes and Frawley plod around on the weekend I dont know what I was thinking
Pay Hogan a million if we have to
We certainly need an injection of youth and talent. Dawes can add to a forward line but his not the centrepiece. Frawley is a backman doing what he is asked up forward.

We certainly need an injection of youth and talent. Dawes can add to a forward line but his not the centrepiece. Frawley is a backman doing what he is asked up forward.

Yep, once Jesse is up and running then Dawes will be a much better player and play a big role in out wins.

I honestly think he's worth it

Agreed.

I saw Lyon start his career, Schwarz ... Neitz.

Hogan is the best talent to walk into our club in 40 years.

Dom Tyson will be saying, "I'll sign if Hogan signs". The best players want to stay and play with the best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back