A thread on politics- have some balls and post

Remove this Banner Ad

acuguy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 31, 2000
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I have never been so disgusted by our government like I am at the moment. Tony Abbott is a disgrace. How anyone can support his views on asylum seekers, business and health care is beyond me. Just on asylum seekers. This prick makes me sick, the way he has got into bed with the Sri Lankan government, venture out Woodridge way and you will see Tamil Sri Lankan refugee children who are victims of abuse, witnesses of torture and assassinations of family members.

We have become a severely racist nation, influenced by fear.

We've always been a racist nation, remember the whole "yellow devil" and "White Australia" campaigns?

Like I said at the polling booths last weekend, all politicians are liars and cheats. They've forgotten that in essence they are public servants. Unfortunately, it seems in politics one has to be a liar and a crook just to get anywhere.

Not many prospects of "good" government is there?
Social policies of this right wing mob are just shameful. Not satisfied with keeping out those pesky foreigners and pissing on our neighbours, they have no understanding or care for our domestic underprivileged either. The mindset of the right is that (theoretically) we are the lucky country and have the freedom to allow anyone to do well if they just try. You are poor because you didn't work hard enough or educate yourself well enough. They have no idea how the other half lives, none. Nor do they care about environmental matters, particularly when there is a buck to be made by their friends.

Alas, what is the alternative? Social and environmental policy is so important to the lives of so many, but social policy is expensive and lets face it, the left are poor economists. They really couldn't run a choko vine over a shithouse. The state Labor Gov't was about as incompetent as it gets and really lost their way. Labor lefts, worked so hard to return Bligh at the second last election and then in the end worked equally hard to rid her from parliament. Factions and backroom deals have destroyed Labor with the far left getting greedy and ignorant of fiscal policy that works and the Labor right more of a 'Liberal lite'. The party almost needs to split and campaign independently, then form a coalition to gain power. The left and right need to function as individuals and allow the public to appoint the leader or they will continue to be a basket case and leave us no alternative but to elect gov'ts better suited to running the business of the country.

Having voted Labor, forever, I admitted before the last election (Federal) that if Malcolm Turnbull had been leader of the opposition, I would be very tempted to switch. As it turned out, he wasn't and as he tows the party line, has become less and less attractive as an option. Abbott is a draconian imbecile causing more damage to the Australian 'brand' than we can possibly afford in this ever shrinking globe.

Is this forum supposed to be politics and religion free? Not everyone here is grown up enough to discuss these thing politely and those who are can get a bit passionate. I'm not sure this thread is a good idea really.:cool:

I have never been so disgusted by our government like I am at the moment. Tony Abbott is a disgrace. How anyone can support his views on asylum seekers, business and health care is beyond me. Just on asylum seekers. This prick makes me sick, the way he has got into bed with the Sri Lankan government, venture out Woodridge way and you will see Tamil Sri Lankan refugee children who are victims of abuse, witnesses of torture and assassinations of family members.

I'm not fully aware of what your talking about or understand it.

As far as I know the reason Sri Lankans have been sent back is because the country has stabilised.

Unless these people are in danger on returning then * them send them back.

The point of refugee status is to protect people's lives not make them more comfortable.

I worked with a young girl who fell in love with and married a bloke from Indonesia together for years flying backwards and forwards waiting for approval for a spousal visa gets knocked up along the way and the Labor government of the time wouldnt even let the bloke extend his visa for 2 weeks to see his kid born. Couldn't over stay his current visa or risk never getting his spousal visa.

Yet the government bends over backwards for asylum seekers, putting them up in hotels and s**t.

My cousins husband 3 tours in Afghanistan dedicated his entire working life serving this country mid tour his wife and two kids kicked out of their defence force home for refo's.

I begrudgingly accept refugees because of the risk of their life but once it's passed they should be shipped back (provided its not a ridiculous amount of time lapsed, if the middle east problem was solved tomorrow I'd ve mortified if we started sending Palestinians who came here in the 70's back)

And this has nothing to do with race Sri lakens who came here under refugee status are no different then say the polish in the 30'd-40's all refugees are basically the same.

The majority are cowards who are unwilling to make a stand for anything, things go to s**t "ah * it lets go some place else" if things ever go to s**t they'd be among the first to leave again, more then happy to turn tail and let scum take over.

And then to not go back when the risk to your life's over? As JFK once said it's not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for country.

Instead of going back to their home land doing something to improve the place they stay here because it's just too comfy. have some ******* pride.

I'm not fully aware of what your talking about or understand it.

As far as I know the reason Sri Lankans have been sent back is because the country has stabilised.

Unless these people are in danger on returning then **** them send them back.

The point of refugee status is to protect people's lives not make them more comfortable.

I worked with a young girl who fell in love with and married a bloke from Indonesia together for years flying backwards and forwards waiting for approval for a spousal visa gets knocked up along the way and the Labor government of the time wouldnt even let the bloke extend his visa for 2 weeks to see his kid born. Couldn't over stay his current visa or risk never getting his spousal visa.

Yet the government bends over backwards for asylum seekers, putting them up in hotels and s**t.

My cousins husband 3 tours in Afghanistan dedicated his entire working life serving this country mid tour his wife and two kids kicked out of their defence force home for refo's.

I begrudgingly accept refugees because of the risk of their life but once it's passed they should be shipped back (provided its not a ridiculous amount of time lapsed, if the middle east problem was solved tomorrow I'd ve mortified if we started sending Palestinians who came here in the 70's back)

And this has nothing to do with race Sri lakens who came here under refugee status are no different then say the polish in the 30'd-40's all refugees are basically the same.

The majority are cowards who are unwilling to make a stand for anything, things go to s**t "ah **** it lets go some place else" if things ever go to s**t they'd be among the first to leave again, more then happy to turn tail and let scum take over.

And then to not go back when the risk to your life's over? As JFK once said it's not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for country.

Instead of going back to their home land doing something to improve the place they stay here because it's just too comfy. have some ******* pride.

The question you need to ask & answer is whether it is safe for them to go back. From reports I have heard from the BBC is that Sri Lanka is not a safe place to return to if you have left to seek refuge elsewhere with the majority of males just disappearing and it doesn't take too much imagination to think what happens if you happen to be female. But mind you, these are just reports I have heard that I base my opinions on, I just don't necessarily think it's all "fixed & normal" for these people if sent back.

The majority are cowards who are unwilling to make a stand for anything, things go to s**t "ah **** it lets go some place else" if things ever go to s**t they'd be among the first to leave again, more then happy to turn tail and let scum take over.

Hmmm. This is why I figured this thread might be a bad idea.
Cowards, not taking a stand?
Yep, better they stay and fight to the death, taking their loved ones, including children to the grave. Dead men have very little power and absolutely no say in the future.
No home, no say, no dignity, and most often a family to protect. Yep, cowards:rolleyes:.

Furthermore, it is unfair to blame anyone for the Gov't's actions, other than the Gov't.

Yep, better they stay and fight to the death, taking their loved ones, including children to the grave. Dead men have very little power and absolutely no say in the future.
No home, no say, no dignity, and most often a family to protect. Yep, cowards:rolleyes:.

Furthermore, it is unfair to blame anyone for the Gov't's actions, other than the Gov't.

Blame the people, we give politicians their jobs. If more people were interested in politics instead of X Factor or the footy perhaps we'd be better off.

I agree with the government's border protection policy. They have to be extreme to get the message through that Rudd is no longer in charge and not anybody who pays a criminal money to get on a boat and be pointed towards Australia will actually get to Australia. I'm all for taking a certain amount of asylum seekers but stop people smugglers profiting off pushing people out on rickety boats. The fact that so many of them die is reason enough for me to try and stop people getting on these boats and heading towards Australia.

eLh0D.gif

This what happens when they teach Wilfred Own in school.

I said "most" it's not universal theres a big difference say between what's going on in CAR right now and Sri Lanka.

Sri Lankans fled a civil war, there was only two sides Tamils and Sri Lankans people who fled during the war in Sri Lanka as I said are cowards, I'm not saying it wasn't a tough choice defend your country fight to protect it or save your family.

The people that left are cowards, they did nothing they did nothing to stop the Tamils and this eventually lead to the Tamils controlling 3qtrs of the country.

These people came here while their countrymen fought and died. They chose to be selfish.

CAR is completely different Muslims are being massacred in droves there's no longer a government no unified means to fight back. It literally is flee or die.

And in both cases I ask what did people do in the months years before the uprisings?

Both cases you've got groups that were treated like s**t abused and worse people don't wake up one day and say * it I'm going to be a rebel.

People are driven to it, yes it's "their fault" Both countries were democracy's in both cases the majority did nothing and said nothing when people were being suppressed they CBF, "not my problem", "who cares", "I'm not political" Then the moment SHTF they panic if they had given a s**t about something beyond there own family the country wouldn't have turned to s**t.

What did these people do to prevent having to flee their homes? When did they plan on taking action?

People are responsible for the actions of there government, including us. Did you do everything you could to prevent Abbott's election? I know I didn't, I voted against him. But I certainly could (and given how much I despise the majority of his policies I certainly should) have done more at the very least I could have donated to campaigns of hid opponents or voted below the line in the Senate.

But I didn't so instead I'm stuck with a prime minister to inept to deal with anything and doing continued damage to the country.

They even have the asylum seeker policies wrong. I don't believe in "turning back the boats" if people have a legitimate claim it must be heard they also push it to headlines when it should be dealt with as quiet as possibly.

But once the threat has passed, these people who were too cowardly to fight should be sent back (again provided the time frame is reasonable) if the threat in Sri Lanka has not passed for everyone then those that face a threat to their safety should be allowed to remain. As I said I'm not that up to date on the issue.

I hear you, I hear you!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh geeze, can I pretend I didn't see this thread so don't have to deal with any issues that occur?

It's ok, I'm looking forward to going on a post deletion rampage when it derails into personal attacks. :)

Ah politics.

A strange thought hit me today. I have no idea who the leader of Labour is now. And thats not a promising sign for next election, because I watch a fair bit of news and I barely see whoever they are mentioned.

He's that bloke who is always muffled by his ill-fitting suits...

Tony Abbott classes speedos as suits?

Tony Abbott is muffling people using Speedos? That's a mental image I really really did not need.

Tony Abbott is muffling people using Speedos? That's a mental image I really really did not need.

He should have used it as his turn back the boats method. Stand on the shore in them and watch all the people turn around.

We have to face it. We are a nation of racists. As we drift ever closer to Nazi methods in our governments (labor does not eschew them) the intolerant and selfish nature of our population is flashing in glaring lights.
All problems are someone else's fault. Ever more restrictive laws are fine as long as they target some minority or other, of which I am not a member. When a government is inclined to use the new anti bikie laws against a less obviously defenceless target, (nobody will stand up and say these laws are blatantly discriminatory, and unrelated to the problems they are supposed to solve) we will find ourselves in the position of Ukrainians. But we don't have the guts to fight for our rights as they are doing.
Bad education is the fault of teachers, not the parents who expect every child but their own to be disciplined.
We are all entitled to a free ride from government, but the nation is full of welfare cheats. Not me though. I'm entitled.
rant ends.l

Remove this Banner Ad

Back