A thread on politics- have some balls and post

Remove this Banner Ad

Some great news this morning for the Sunshine Coast. It appears that the road network between Caloundra & Maroochydore past the new (still under construction) hospital precinct probably handle the amount of expected traffic. So candoooo reckons that even though it was part of labors plan for the area, there was no money available for the roadworks! Luckily for us they (candooos mob) have the required funds to finance it all. Yippee!! Next statement went along the lines of having to sell assets to actually get the money first!

I read last night that the Chinese Government has executed 14 billionaires over the last 10 years or so for corruption (falling out with the ruling communist party). Make of that what you will.

If it interests you I have a proposition. My father was a communist billionaire who recently died, and I need to get some money out of the country... ;)

Christopher Pyne on Triple J - do yourself a favour and find the audio. In short - hissy fit.
He and Joe Hockey have the same problem, they're incapable of taking criticism. They get all offended at the drop of a hat- it just gets people off side so easily. Pyne also appears to have anger management issues(has a whole packet of chips on his shoulder too).

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/hack/stories/s4071218.htm
Interview here if anyone's interested. The response to some questions is great. "Well the caller hasn't provided any evidence to support their claims so neither will I." So childish, I'm not sure he's ever really progressed beyond student politics.

I know this thread has been dominated by left leaning types and I don't want to add to that. I like some politicians from the Coalition side, particularly the "small l" liberals and those able to balance free market ideology with an element of care for people who are disadvantaged, the environment etc.

But I find nothing likeable about Christopher Pyne. Absolutely nothing.

Christopher Pyne on Triple J - do yourself a favour and find the audio. In short - hissy fit.
Was that the "I'm not gonna talk in hypotheticals" convo in response to "what about women taking maternity leave" question from a while back? Truly jaw-dropping. Or is there a new one?

Was that the "I'm not gonna talk in hypotheticals" convo in response to "what about women taking maternity leave" question from a while back? Truly jaw-dropping. Or is there a new one?

Was on Hack. Was part way through answering a question before the host said that they need to break for the news. Pyne was pissed off and then got cut off mid whine (something to the effect of "oh right, so you have time for callers to make comment but not enough time for me to respond") by the news feed - host said he tried to explain to Pyne that the cross to news was automatic and that the host/DJ has no control over it - Pyne apparently hung up on him.

That is a serious error of judgement. JJJ listeners are more the 18 plus age group I would have thought. Voters.
Pyne is a walking error of judgement. Like I said, anger management issues.
Carnemlions summed up Pyne for me in two words "student politics"

All combative law student theatrical huff-and-puff with no beef.

Thoroughly unlikeable.
******* student politics:mad::mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Claims the high moral ground about muck throwing with one hand while the other has already slung the s**t & is quickly reloading for another throw! Godd ol' verandah sandstone.

ISIS is a terror threat to Australia? ISIS is not al-Qaeda. It's an army.
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ap-enterprise-al-qaidas-syrian-cell-alarms-us this is an actual example of a legit concern.
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...uraging-a-burst-of-panic-20140911-10fika.html
Just some theatrics to help deceive the public that the confected "Terror Alert" actually means something.

Expect a cavalcade of bills eroding our civil liberties to be shepherded through parliament on the back of this fear mongering.
Yup. Bloated nat-sec sector here we come(it won't actually stop anything, just fills the pockets of contractors).

Meanwhile the other side of the debate is populated by morons with delusions of grandeur.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistefano/leakers-vs-key?utm_term=3ioyqxi#4kn1tdo
No NZ, fat/crazy billionaires are not the answer.

Pope Francis recently said the world is on the verge of world war 3. Thoughts

Our next war will be completely incomparable to World War 1 and 2 that to call it World War 3 will not make sense.

Unless North Korea gets its s**t together and can get their hands on some decent military technology I can't see it escalating that much.

We'll slow down ISIS for a while and then another group will take their place and so on.

Pope Francis recently said the world is on the verge of world war 3. Thoughts

Some infinitely more credible pundits than the bloody pope have posited the same thing first.

Three blocs: the old West, a Russian/Chinese/North Korean alliance and a burgeoning Islamic insurgency in the Middle East and Africa. All of it lubricated with plenty of oil.

Just some theatrics to help deceive the public that the confected "Terror Alert" actually means something.

Expect a cavalcade of bills eroding our civil liberties to be shepherded through parliament on the back of this fear mongering.
Absolutely, and I hear this morning, Westfield is onboard, ramping up ID checks at loading docks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back