A thread on politics- have some balls and post

Remove this Banner Ad

Rupert Murdoch... utter piece of excrement.

Assuming you're talking about his tweets congratulating the Daily Telegraph... amazing tonedeafness. Should run for parliament.

I wonder where the line is, where political correctness of terminology referencing mental illness becomes okay.
"Psycho", "Nutter", "Nut-job", "Lunatic/ looney", all used to describe this extremist gunman. I'm not suggesting he is or isn't any of those things, just wondering why that terminology is socially acceptable based on someone's actions.

Talking PC, interesting to note that while some wander around scratching their heads about why these 'foreigners' are so much trouble, and the rest of us continue to be frustrated by racist bigotry, isn't it about time the media took more responsibility to stop the hate? It would take a strong government to enforce such rules, you know, one that doesn't defend the right to be bigoted. Apparently it is important to know his origins, as if to say "Well, that explains it".

gunman.JPG
"Iranian refugee, Islamic extremist" should justify this government's policies (as guilty overseas), got keep that terror threat up so governments everywhere can tell us what a good job they're doing protecting us.

Conservative dogma is built on fear. Fear of change, fear of those who are different.

I'm sure it is only a matter of time until we hear that this tragedy would have been prevented if only law enforcement had access to his metadata.

I don't read the Murdoch press except for things linked online. I did see a link to The Telegraph's front page and with that in mind Rupert Murdoch's cheering tweet is a new low for him and his business.

The individual that took the life of innocents in the belief of some long absent deity is obviously a disturbing turn of events and we all have a right to question his sanity and also the system that allowed him to be free to preach hatred etc but in a way Murdoch has no excuses. I would rather be destitute than so driven that I cheer on my newspaper winning a race in reporting this tragedy. What a repulsive man.

I don't read the Murdoch press except for things linked online. I did see a link to The Telegraph's front page and with that in mind Rupert Murdoch's cheering tweet is a new low for him and his business.

The individual that took the life of innocents in the belief of some long absent deity is obviously a disturbing turn of events and we all have a right to question his sanity and also the system that allowed him to be free to preach hatred etc but in a way Murdoch has no excuses. I would rather be destitute than so driven that I cheer on my newspaper winning a race in reporting this tragedy. What a repulsive man.
The front page of their afternoon edition wasn't even factual. The back page "The instant we changed forever" was sensationalist crap that read as some morbid one-upmanship on others who have suffered hundreds of deaths through terrorism, like a feather or scar on our martyrdom cap. Trying to make horrible events 100 times worse to create a bigger story to tell, in the hope of shifting a few more units, the whole organisation is putrid.
Sadly, there are a few, not far behind in the campaigner 'journalism' stakes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#andasuitfullofflab

All piss taking aside what a repulsive man that bloke is. The electors should hang their heads.

Confused here - I thought you were talking about Murdoch and the Sydney guy ... neither of them are elected? Or are you talking about electors voting for Abbott et al thus fostering Murdoch etc?

Confused here - I thought you were talking about Murdoch and the Sydney guy ... neither of them are elected? Or are you talking about electors voting for Abbott et al thus fostering Murdoch etc?
Christenson. Had a rant on tweet about the "I will ride with you" hashtag. Accused every body that was using it as being "left wing" and having "black arm band" veiws of history. Utterly out of step with his own PM and party. IPA stooge as usual. As to black arm band veiw of history individuals such as him need to understand that the entire history of the world no matter race, religion, culture, whatever is essentially black arm band and not some weird Happy Days world of Christian USA circa the 1950's.

Christenson. Had a rant on tweet about the "I will ride with you" hashtag. Accused every body that was using it as being "left wing" and having "black arm band" veiws of history. Utterly out of step with his own PM and party. IPA stooge as usual. As to black arm band veiw of history individuals such as him need to understand that the entire history of the world no matter race, religion, culture, whatever is essentially black arm band and not some weird Happy Days world of Christian USA circa the 1950's.

One Nation was big up there...

One Nation was big up there...
Yeah? That was that women who was chatting about Asians and then it turned out she had about 25% Asian DNA. There was a push by the less tolerant about being proudly Anglo Saxon once but DNA has put that little scam to rest when it was discovered that at best the English themselves had about 10 to 15% Anglo Saxon DNA.

Yeah? That was that women who was chatting about Asians and then it turned out she had about 25% Asian DNA. There was a push by the less tolerant about being proudly Anglo Saxon once but DNA has put that little scam to rest when it was discovered that at best the English themselves had about 10 to 15% Anglo Saxon DNA.

One Nation basically held the whole coast from Hervey Bay up through to the Atherton Tablelands at the '98 election save for some of the city-based electorates in Cairns and Townsville. Fair swath of insular thinking, and next to no one giving a s**t about local politics means these guys pop up every now and then because there's basically no vetting going on. People just vote the party line. Hopefully he gets punted next time around (unlikely, unless the LNP cuts him) because turns out he's got form on this kind of s**t (http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...ful-uni-comments/story-fn59niix-1225903520479 and https://independentaustralia.net/po...nd-nazis-gather-to-support-geert-wilders,5020).

Probably still would be if it hadn't fallen apart.
Plenty of people still love Bob Katter...

Katter isn't really a racist, he's got a pretty good history with the Aboriginal communities up there. Definitely some degree of homophobicness though.

Is religious discrimination getting better or worse in Australia in people's opinions? It's really hard to get an accurate gauge off all the sources of media. The discriminating is coming from the minority but is it growing? Really sad seeing how people can blame a religion rather then the actual human/s carrying out the act.

It sounds condescending to say that the people will believe what the Murdoch rags and A Current Affair tell them to think but for a lot of people, it's true.

My mum is a reasonably intelligent and well-read person compared to her contemporaries but the amount of ignorant generalisations or fearful comments she will make based off 4BC talkback radio is horrifying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back