A thread on politics- have some balls and post

Remove this Banner Ad

So am I getting this timeline right?

1) Billy Gordon's ex talks with former LNP MP Gavin King (anyone know the relationship there?).

2) Then Gordon's ex writes letters to a whole bunch of folks including Palaszczuk, Springborg, Wellington, detailing her grievances and allegations.

3) Then Gavin King posts about it on his newly created website.

4) The media gets a hold of it.

So am I getting this timeline right?

1) Billy Gordon's ex talks with former LNP MP Gavin King (anyone know the relationship there?).

2) Then Gordon's ex writes letters to a whole bunch of folks including Palaszczuk, Springborg, Wellington, detailing her grievances and allegations.

3) Then Gavin King posts about it on his newly created website.

4) The media gets a hold of it.
CBd3R8lU0AAduUY.jpg

Looks like it- with some help from David Kempton and Warren Entsch. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...ly-gordon-claims/story-e6frgczx-1227286943162
Great to see some upstanding citizens of North QLD standing up for justice. I don't have a lot of sympathy for Gordon, but I'd like to see those three placed under a bit more scrutiny as well. Terrible people, worse politicians.

Poor old Gordon. Everyone's picking on him. And for what????

I mean, let's weigh this up against "the wink". See- no contest!!!
The man, if allegations are proved, is a grub.
But Warren Entsch sat on this for 3 years.
Gavin King sat on this for 3 weeks.
I'm sure they have the victim's best interests at heart.

Now, let's have a contest to see who can find the most sensationalist, scathing front page attacks on all the LNP members who had to give up their positions through scandal (there were a few to choose from). Ready? Go.

The man, if allegations are proved, is a grub.
But Warren Entsch sat on this for 3 years.
Gavin King sat on this for 3 weeks.
I'm sure they have the victim's best interests at heart.

Now, let's have a contest to see who can find the most sensationalist, scathing front page attacks on all the LNP members who had to give up their positions through scandal (there were a few to choose from). Ready? Go.

Well, scandal-wise, how many local politicians are serving time at Her Majesty's pleasure in Queensland? Ready? go!!!!

That's right- only the ALP's very own Gordon, once Pumpkin Head's right hand man.

The message- no one side has a monopoly on larceny or dodgy doings. Fond memories of the Fitzgerald Enquiry come to mind.

IIRC, a recently appointed LNP Senator, then a party operative, was splashed all over the pages of the journal in question for asking searching, if rather harshly put, questions on potential candidates' backgrounds intended to eke out Gordon-type morsels. They should all be put through the wringer, putting aside political correctness sensitivities.

Simple question- if the "issues" now surrounding the current Gordon were so well known about the place, for years apparently, then how did he get a gig?

Geez Tassie. I don't recall you being this passionate about standards among politicians when Scott Driscoll's criminal and corrupt conduct was being uncovered.

Seriously, Billy Gordon is a grub - but if you think criminal behaviour is limited to one side of politics, then you are more deluded than your average shock jock.

Well, scandal-wise, how many local politicians are serving time at Her Majesty's pleasure in Queensland? Ready? go!!!!

That's right- only the ALP's very own Gordon, once Pumpkin Head's right hand man.

The message- no one side has a monopoly on larceny or dodgy doings. Fond memories of the Fitzgerald Enquiry come to mind.

IIRC, a recently appointed LNP Senator, then a party operative, was splashed all over the pages of the journal in question for asking searching, if rather harshly put, questions on potential candidates' backgrounds intended to eke out Gordon-type morsels. They should all be put through the wringer, putting aside political correctness sensitivities.

Simple question- if the "issues" now surrounding the current Gordon were so well known about the place, for years apparently, then how did he get a gig?
Never said they were "so well known about the place", but they knew. Maybe his ALP comrades knew too, but don't try to take some moral high ground on behalf of your party of choice, you're just not in a position to do so.

I mean, let's weigh this up against "the wink". See- no contest!!!
I haven't seen anyone feeling sorry for the 'poor bloke', and I don't recall anyone calling for Abbott's head for 'the wink', either.
I think the objections above are solely in response to the manner and agenda behind the allegations coming to light and the campaign to make the whole ALP responsible for what may have gone on in NQ.

Not one person here has gone down that line. I have a feeling you chose what shot you wanted to play before you saw the ball leave anyone's hand. Glenn Maxwell style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you actually read this thread, or do you just jump in with the occasional response to what you assume is being said?
Shut it down. Who actually follows greyhound racing these days anyway?

Entsch said:
"The Premier should have dealt with it and she should have dealt with it comprehensively," he said.

"I don't accept the fact that she didn't get it until the 19th, when Senator McLucas - when the most senior Queensland Senator - received it, the same time I did and you are telling me she didn't pass it on to the Premier – you have to be kidding me."
Entsch said:
"And then during the course of that, she then raised with me other issues in relation to domestic violence and criminality.

"...I said to her then 'you need to give me evidence, otherwise it is he said, she said. If you have any evidence on this that you could show me, that would verify this, I would be more than happy to take the matter further.'

"She then said to me that she had texts, she had letters, she had emails. And I said 'could you please get them to me, because I would be more than happy to see them'."
That your response is to ask for documents, rather than refer the woman immediately to the police, and then just assume someone else would take care of it "because they're a woman", AND that you kindly gave the Premier time to sort it out, just because, Mr Entsch...
you have to be kidding me

Oh god... boy do I miss Queensland "journalism".

I bet the journo originally had their "Government minister wears 600 dollar belt and shows they are out of touch with the average worker on Labour day" story ready to go, then had to change tack when they rang up for a quote and found out it was fake.

I bet the journo originally had their "Government minister wears 600 dollar belt and shows they are out of touch with the average worker on Labour day" story ready to go, then had to change tack when they rang up for a quote and found out it was fake.

This is front page??

Got people talking which says just as much about the public discourse as it does about the CM.

FWIW, I get really tired of talking about what female politicians wear

Same, there should be mandatory talk on how they look nude!

More about personal/social politics than professional politics, but man stuff like this pisses me right off.

I largely blame shows like Today Tonight for making people think there is a paedophile lurking behind every tree, and while this woman was probably acting out of good intentions, I can't help but think she needs to be made an example of (in a courtroom) before this stuff goes too far.

That poor guy.

Hearing more and more about dad's who are afraid to take their kids to a park because of the accusatory glances they get.

Friend of mine took his daughter to a park a while ago and another girl fell off the playgym thing and was sitting on the ground screaming and crying. He stood there for 30 seconds paralysed not knowing what to do and glancing around trying to spot the parent. Eventually he knelt down next to the girl to try and calm her down and ask if she was okay and what do you know... a mother appears, puts down the phone on which she was Facebooking away on and abuses him and threatens to call the police etc.

That just sucks. Obviously abuse of children has to be prevented, but is this sort of humiliation stuff fair... is it just the price men have to pay?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back