A thread on politics- have some balls and post

Remove this Banner Ad

It is a chick's world TBD. We thought our society was s**t when men were in complete control. Be ready for the Armageddon, currently being played out in primary schools all over Australia!

The worst thing is that the children KNOW what sort of world we live in, they know that if a they don't like a teacher all they have to do is cry that they did something inappropriate and that teacher can kiss their career good-bye.

These people who make up fake stories are part of the reason real victims feel they can't come forward and real perpetrators go free. There needs to be stronger penalties for people who are proven to have lied. But then you run the risk punishing real victims.

It's not an easy problem.

... is it just the price men have to pay?

I certainly hope not, however it does seem indicative of society today. Everyone is an expert. Quick to label and judge. Afraid of everything. In this situation a simple conversation would have solved any fears this woman had.

Eye for an eye. The bloke should post a photo of this women on Facebook warning everyone that an irrational imbecile frequents the area.

More about personal/social politics than professional politics, but man stuff like this pisses me right off.

I largely blame shows like Today Tonight for making people think there is a paedophile lurking behind every tree, and while this woman was probably acting out of good intentions, I can't help but think she needs to be made an example of (in a courtroom) before this stuff goes too far.

That poor guy.

Hearing more and more about dad's who are afraid to take their kids to a park because of the accusatory glances they get.

Friend of mine took his daughter to a park a while ago and another girl fell off the playgym thing and was sitting on the ground screaming and crying. He stood there for 30 seconds paralysed not knowing what to do and glancing around trying to spot the parent. Eventually he knelt down next to the girl to try and calm her down and ask if she was okay and what do you know... a mother appears, puts down the phone on which she was Facebooking away on and abuses him and threatens to call the police etc.

That just sucks. Obviously abuse of children has to be prevented, but is this sort of humiliation stuff fair... is it just the price men have to pay?
Welcome to the 21st century.

More about personal/social politics than professional politics, but man stuff like this pisses me right off.

I largely blame shows like Today Tonight for making people think there is a paedophile lurking behind every tree, and while this woman was probably acting out of good intentions, I can't help but think she needs to be made an example of (in a courtroom) before this stuff goes too far.

Just thinking about what you wrote - and I realized it's nearly the same thing as the ZOB/Leppa thing, and how it was reported. The media thrives on fear, bad news and sensationalism.

Conspiracy time: The media is publishing this fear-inducing dribble trying to suck in the lower class to performing the exact actions of that woman, which in turn gives the media more bad news and fear to spread and sell.

Just thinking about what you wrote - and I realized it's nearly the same thing as the ZOB/Leppa thing, and how it was reported. The media thrives on fear, bad news and sensationalism.

Conspiracy time: The media is publishing this fear-inducing dribble trying to suck in the lower class to performing the exact actions of that woman, which in turn gives the media more bad news and fear to spread and sell.

The mainstream media is just terrible at reporting on anything outside of the middle-aged conservative viewpoint and keeps on driving away younger and more discerning viewers. It ends up having to double down on the captive audience instead of developing a progressive streak to cater to all the more critical consumers out there.

That poor guy.

Hearing more and more about dad's who are afraid to take their kids to a park because of the accusatory glances they get.

Friend of mine took his daughter to a park a while ago and another girl fell off the playgym thing and was sitting on the ground screaming and crying. He stood there for 30 seconds paralysed not knowing what to do and glancing around trying to spot the parent. Eventually he knelt down next to the girl to try and calm her down and ask if she was okay and what do you know... a mother appears, puts down the phone on which she was Facebooking away on and abuses him and threatens to call the police etc.

That just sucks. Obviously abuse of children has to be prevented, but is this sort of humiliation stuff fair... is it just the price men have to pay?

I very much understand these sad realities.

For much the same reasons, I never walk my little white Maltese around the block between 3 and 4pm.

You know- male, nice little doggy. Walking. School knock-off time. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink- say no more.

And why are there so few male teachers? Same reasons.

I just wear a shirt with "not a pedo" scribbled on it with a nikko and no one bothers me despite the shaggy beard and shooters glasses...

It's a sad road society is heading down.
What will it be like in 50 years, anarchy?
Laws and social restrictions will be so suffocating, something will give, and normal guidelines will be cast aside.

The other hysterics of our times is the imposition and resultant backlash of seemingly silly rules at schools.
Every now and then, a Principal will ban holding hands or cartwheels or hugging. The media and public cry foul, that political correctness or the nanny state has gone to far, and they're right. Trouble is, as stupid as it is to stop those things, the poor old schools have to put up with unstable or hysterical parents threatening to sue for the smallest thing.
If I had a niece or nephew, there is no way I could rock up to a sporting or social event and take photos, it's just madness.
I do feel for male teachers in particular, but it seems now, you can't even venture out in public without scrutinising your actions.

If I had a niece or nephew, there is no way I could rock up to a sporting or social event and take photos, it's just madness.

Sure you can. Just stay in your car opposite the sports field, make sure you're wearing dark glasses and a big coat so no one recognizes you and gets your family in trouble, and have a really big zoom lens. You can take all the photos you want, as easy as cake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I very much understand these sad realities.

For much the same reasons, I never walk my little white Maltese around the block between 3 and 4pm.

You know- male, nice little doggy. Walking. School knock-off time. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink- say no more.

And why are there so few male teachers? Same reasons.
Nah, Alexei Sayle said it best:

"Small dog, big penis."

Sure you can. Just stay in your car opposite the sports field, make sure you're wearing dark glasses and a big coat so no one recognizes you and gets your family in trouble, and have a really big zoom lens. You can take all the photos you want, as easy as cake.
I wear a tweed jacket and a hat with "Press" stuck to the side of it...everyone thinks you're legit...

puuting-the-n-back.jpg

Has everyone lubed up yet?

Personally, I think a post like this and the language it uses says a great deal about the poster.

None of it nice.

That's quite the assumption to make.

It should be possible to have a civil discussion without the need to resort to base abuse.

Who was I abusing?

That's quite the assumption to make.

Who was I abusing?

I believe you just referred to a couple of ****s as "****s".

Don't worry. Tassie's tendency to run for the moral high ground is somewhat partisan.

Pretty sure if your target is Gillard or the Greens you can say whatever you like.

Last edited:
Personally, I think a post like this and the language it uses says a great deal about the poster.

None of it nice.

It should be possible to have a civil discussion without the need to resort to base abuse.

Like those greenies who wear the '* Tony Abbott' T-shirts. It's very difficult to take their opinions seriously.

I believe you just referred to a couple of ****s as "****s".

Don't worry. Tassie's tendency to run for the moral high ground is somewhat partisan.

Pretty sure if your target is Gillard or the Greens you can say whatever you like.

Ahhh, the Gillard years. How we all miss them. Full of "achievements". All on the tick. But what a mind. So full of "vision". Just ask Kevvie about her vision for him. Or maybe his vision for her [see the upcoming ABC doco on "their" ABC].

And the Greens- let me count the ways they "improved" my home State. Just give me a minute [tick, tick, tick.....]. Apart from the 44% of the State locked away in National Parks or World Heritage, how about: worst employment, worst school retention rates, worst economy, worst obesity rates, worst diabetes rates, worst literacy/numeracy rates, highest per capita public service and police numbers, etc etc. I readily concede this record somewhat colours my opinion of Bobby's boys and girls.

BTW, did you know Bobby and his partner use an open wood fireplace in their little bush shack? The horror!!!!

On the question of "moral high ground": it seems TBD makes a number of assumptions- that I always vote one way. Very seldom- I generally vote on the local candidate. Last State election for the ALP's Jessica Pugh, a most impressive young lady. Missed out by the skin of her teeth this time around.

At the macro level, I've only ever once voted on the basis of booting out one aspiring PM- Paul [flexi-time] Keating, on the simple grounds that since he had fallen out of love with us, the voters, I personally felt it only fair to return the favour. With reference to some of the later revelations of Keating's chief speech writer, we did him a service. Fire up the Mahler CD and close the door.

At the macro level, I've only ever once voted on the basis of booting out one aspiring PM- Paul [flexi-time] Keating, on the simple grounds that since he had fallen out of love with us, the voters, I personally felt it only fair to return the favour. With reference to some of the later revelations of Keating's chief speech writer, we did him a service. Fire up the Mahler CD and close the door.

So you haven't worn out your home copy of Keating - The Musical yet then?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back