A thread on politics- have some balls and post

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like the payment of people smugglers was happening under Labor as well. Disgusting.
Not that it should be condoned, but reportedly, the previous government paid for information, not to ferry people back across the ocean. I think there is a subtle difference.
Worst of all, many, including the government, seem to think that that makes it okay.

Speaking as someone who knows him, Laming is one of the most thoroughly detestable human beings you could ever meet.
I've got a few FB friends who hang on his every word...his stuff comes up as "suggested reading"...might need new friends, but that's another story...I just like the fact that when I want to go LNP-bashing amongst these people, all I need to do is forward one of his new quotes and then off we go...!

Anyone watching The Killing Season?
If most of the people on their had half a brain/were capable of controlling their egos, they would never have agreed to do it. Sam Dastiyari and Tony Burke with the recreations... good tv, but why the * would you do it? Karl Bitar and Mark Arbib are both campaigners, no surprises there. What really surprised me was the fact that Gillard came out looking worse than Rudd, who was about as bad as expected.

Mother******* windfarm commissioner? Good Grief!

So I guess you wouldn't agree that wind turbines aren't the prettiest thing, but destroying native forests (what remains now) with all the ecological damage to the whole system, including plants, animals, soil & streams etc is a sight to behold? Then the noise factor, that constant whoosh whoosh of the turbines producing electricity compared to chainsaws, dozers, trucks etc?
Gotta love the smell & sound of chainsaws ripping into a forest!

So I guess you wouldn't agree that wind turbines aren't the prettiest thing, but destroying native forests (what remains now) with all the ecological damage to the whole system, including plants, animals, soil & streams etc is a sight to behold? Then the noise factor, that constant whoosh whoosh of the turbines producing electricity compared to chainsaws, dozers, trucks etc?
Gotta love the smell & sound of chainsaws ripping into a forest!

I'm not sure whether you are for or against windfarms from your comment.

My point was more along the lines of the government introducing red tape to sustainable energy projects with no documented legitimate health risks in comparison to actively giving indisputably damaging fossil fuel projects the green light with very little oversight. There is no coal commissioner.

I'm not sure whether you are for or against windfarms from your comment.

My point was more along the lines of the government introducing red tape to sustainable energy projects with no documented legitimate health risks in comparison to actively giving indisputably damaging fossil fuel projects the green light with very little oversight. There is no coal commissioner.

Fair enough, I should learn to use those emoticon things a bit more. :thumbsu:
Some would say I'm a rampant greenie, though I just think I'm normal.:rainbow:
And I agree on the red tape crap too, they just want to burn more & put more s**t into the air, makes folks like Adani happier.:fire:

Abbott should have the right to control the direction/policy of the ABC.

Like by appointing Ray Martin to implement an independent review into the public broadcaster and then calling him biased almost straight away once he made a statement critical of the front bench boycott of Q&A?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I for one believed Tone to be unelectable, based upon his narrow minded views on climate change amongst other things, that's without the Captains call fiasco's. That he is now the PM says a lot about the state of politics in this country.

Turnbull is the one, we can only hope he bides his time now and swoops in when the time is right, else we will end up further in redneck wonderland.

What do all the lefties on here think about Shorten backing the Liberals boat policy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back