AdamE89

Team Captain
Apr 24, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
It seems that these two stadiums are generally mentioned in this forum as the worst stadiums to have visited. Never got to go to AAMI but keen to see Subi to see what the fuss is about so I ask which stadium do you think is worse?

Last edited:
I can start, the actual stadium of Football Park was never that bad, it just doesn't have very steep stands so it wasn't as atmospheric as Adelaide Oval as it was a more open bowl, so a lot of the crowd noise just escaped to no where. Its the reverse at AO where the stands bring the crowd noise back into the ground. The main problem was its location

Footy Park was good in its day. However stadium designs have advanced a fair bit in the last 20 years so now it feels outdated.

It seems that these two stadiums are generally mentioned in this forum as the worst stadiums to have visited. Never got to go to AAMI but keen to see Subi to see what the fuss is about so I ask which stadium do you think is worse?

Loved plenty of footy at both venues BUT I love my footy compared with the many event goers who whinge & bitch.

It's pretty well known already, but AAMI's location was by far the worst aspect of the stadium. Facilities were meh as you'd expect from a stadium built in the early 70s, but they weren't a good enough reason to keep the masses away. If you could somehow pick up the new Adelaide Oval and put it in West Lakes, crowds would not have increased by the size that they have so far.

200403-aami.jpg

aami-stadium-638.JPG

Lower level seats on a crap incline exposed to the rain, limited upper level seats, best stand not on the wing, located in a random suburb nowhere near the CBD or a train station.

Never went but can see why it wasn't exactly loved.

Yeh what safety items screamed 'fix me' ?
Narrow corridors and stairs down from top level of 3tier grand stand would have to be a safety hazard.
Asbestos roof, inside lining, of same grand stand, which is brittle and I'm sure drops fibres in high winds.

AAMI's location was the real downside. It was obviously antiquated given its a 70's stadium, but was certainly well maintained. I have never been to subiaco- but its condition looks far inferior.

AAMI Stadium doesn't belong in this debate.

In terms of the worst spectator facilities and safety the title for the worst stadium in Australia is contested by Subi and The WACA
im really suprised by this as WCE and Freo have nearly always had such good attendances and been wealthy teams specially, & WA has been one of the richest & well off states, thanks to its resources that, makes the Australian budget look better than what it really is

Narrow corridors and stairs down from top level of 3tier grand stand would have to be a safety hazard.
Asbestos roof, inside lining, of same grand stand, which is brittle and I'm sure drops fibres in high winds.

Billy you are a legend,
Asbestos roof ..... I'm sure drops fibres in high winds :straining:
&
those bloody steps, they are narrow but Ray deems them a hazard .... you blokes ;)

Been to 100s of games at Subi, remember the games, not the queues/toilets/food prices/drink prices/parking etc & found the joint to be safe, not sure about all the patrons ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah WA football has definitely lagged behind the times with their stadiums.
I know they're catching up, its just 10 years late.

You could make a WA joke about it, but you don't need to.

Never went to footy park but i frequent subiaco and im not a fan.
Billy you are a legend,
Asbestos roof ..... I'm sure drops fibres in high winds :straining:
&
those bloody steps, they are narrow but Ray deems them a hazard .... you blokes ;)

Been to 100s of games at Subi, remember the games, not the queues/toilets/food prices/drink prices/parking etc & found the joint to be safe, not sure about all the patrons ...
I remember the games too but i cant forget going for a beer and nearly missing a full half of a game. Dont get me wrong i have been at some awesome games at subi but if i was to rate the venue id say it is easily the worst ive been to. Cant wait till they build a nww one as it is well over due.

Footy park was awesome in the 90s.... it was another Waverley in the end.. too far away from the city although it was ideal for me cos I grew up 5-10mins away and in the end I lived and still live across the road from it (2 min walk to entrance)
it will be sad to see the thing knocked down in the next 3-5 years.

Subi is worse because its still being used. Although subi may be closer to the cbd its still f'd to get to. Even catching the train is a task.

Ive been To ANZ twice in 2009/ 2013 Football Park in 2006/2007/2010 and Heading to Subiaco in 2 weeks so then I will be able to make a Judgement.

I remember that red rooster outlet! got many a dodgy chicken roll from that van...

We formed the anti-WC supporter base and the painters on board our ship would knock up opposition uniforms from overalls.

Super tacky looking but after a few beers, it looked fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back