Recommitted Aaron Francis

Oct 12, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Southampton
Gotta love how people associate 'home' with a players state of origin. Loxton (where Francis grew up) is over 250kms from the city of Adelaide. Keep dreaming, because your fantasies are the only place that Franics won't be playing in the red and black.

Farm Boy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I am struggling to understand how Francis is so far behind in fitness,despite spending the last three years in elite programs.

Perhaps he was a lazy trainer and was able to get away with it in juniors - due to being a superior talent? He is going to be a star.

By my understanding he's had a few injuries. When we recruited him, over the preseason and he just got another injury this week at training.

So just can't get on the Track.

The Bomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 17, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Should be back in the VFL next week, can't wait for him to get some games under his belt.

Question since you're a Bomber supporter. Has there been any rumors of a go home factor with him? Not trying to troll just fascinated that some can't get home soon enough and others just don't give a damn.
Nope. Born and bred Bomber fan and his home town is apparently not exactly close to Adelaide either

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Close to a debut, Top 3 on the ground in the VFL on Saturday, Especially with Hartley and Grima injured.

12 marks 9 intercepts.
Will be Michael or Francis in
I like the idea of Francis and we continue Michael's development as a Fwd/Ruck and a view to recruiting him.
He showed a little of that raw Dean Cox style before the big man became elite.

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Will be Michael or Francis in
I like the idea of Francis and we continue Michael's development as a Fwd/Ruck and a view to recruiting him.
He showed a little of that raw Dean Cox style before the big man became elite.

Looking at Freo's forward line the main tall match ups are Pav, Taberner and Mayne, Ambrose, Gwilt and Francis makes more sense than a tall in Micheal.

Ambrose to Mayne - Can match him in endurance.
Gwilt to Pav - Both heavy and don't run to much these days.
Francis to Taberner - Tabs has the height but Francis has the leap and can match him in strength I reckon.

Tippa, Bags and Gleeson/Kelly to match up with Balla, Walters and Crozier,

Makeshift but not many other options haha.

Should be ok (Maybe).

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Looking at Freo's forward line the main tall match ups are Pav, Taberner and Mayne, Ambrose, Gwilt and Francis makes more sense than a tall in Micheal.

Ambrose to Mayne - Can match him in endurance.
Gwilt to Pav - Both heavy and don't run to much these days.
Francis to Taberner - Tabs has the height but Francis has the leap and can match him in strength I reckon.

Tippa, Bags and Gleeson/Kelly to match up with Balla, Walters and Crozier,

Makeshift but not many other options haha.

Should be ok (Maybe).
Michael has been trained as a forward/ruck as well. Played defence 3 years ago for Brisbane.

I like the idea of Francis this week against a less than full strength Freo.

Back