Abbott launches plan to stop female genital mutilation, domestic violence and forced marriages

DardySingh360

Premiership Player
Mar 16, 2011
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
Again, you try and twist words to suit yourself.

Of course I abhor FGM, who wouldn't?

What I am patently against is imbeciles, such as yourself, trying to smear ALL Muslims because of it.

Doss has tried to explain it to you, in fact, a heap of people have tried.

Yet, without surprise, your willful ignorance shines through.

At least I can accept it's an Islamic issue without pulling my head back under my shell.

I'm not bound by a ridiculous political ideology which prevents me from criticising people because of their cult, colour or creed.

I wouldn't mind you so much if you weren't such an Islamist apologist, how about just admitting there are a number of deep running issues within Islam, as a supporter of Gay rights and Women's rights I absolutely abhor many aspects of that cult, I don't see why you can't just use common sense and discuss the issue on face value rather than trying to defend the far-right Islamist movements in all corners of the globe.

slicedndiced

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2014
still sinking
AFL Club
Fremantle
At least I can accept it's an Islamic issue without pulling my head back under my shell.

I'm not bound by a ridiculous political ideology which prevents me from criticising people because of their cult, colour or creed.

I wouldn't mind you so much if you weren't such an Islamist apologist, how about just admitting there are a number of deep running issues within Islam, as a supporter of Gay rights and Women's rights I absolutely abhor many aspects of that cult, I don't see why you can't just use common sense and discuss the issue on face value rather than trying to defend the far-right Islamist movements in all corners of the globe.

I've had more intelligent conversations with a jarrah log. Unbelievable.

I'm done here.

Easy money to be made on you to never change.
I dunno, he's just a kid. If he's as smart as he claims to be, once he grows up, sees the world a bit and opens his horizons, he might realise that the place is not as black and white as he once thought. You'd hope so anyway because holding a vicseral hate in your heart for a group of people isn't healthy for anyone.

pokerspiv

Premiership Player
Jun 23, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Saying "oh Islam" because of ISIS doing this is every bit as much a ridiculous generalisation as someone looking at the activities of some crazy Christian splinter group- hell, let's say Westboro just for this- and saying "oh Christianity".

Every religion has its crazy elements.

Westboro has maybe 25 members. Sunni Islam has hundreds of millions.

If Westboro baptist church had 800 million members, I'd be concerned about them too.

But they don't, because fundamentalist Christians are extremely rare. Whereas surverys show that 25-35% of all muslims believe in the parts that we would consider "extremist".

Westoboro has maybe 25 members. Sunni Islam has hundreds of millions.
And?

ISIS does not equal all Sunni Muslims.

ISIS is the definition of a splinter. A very dangerous and sinister one. That shouldn't tar all of Islam with the same brush, just as Westboro and other assorted fundamentalist Christian groups shouldn't tar Christianity as a whole.

pokerspiv

Premiership Player
Jun 23, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
ISIS is the definition of a splinter. A very dangerous and sinister one. That shouldn't tar all of Islam with the same brush, just as Westboro and other assorted fundamentalist Christian groups shouldn't tar Christianity as a whole.

Read the opinion polls. The facts don't agree with your narrative. 25-30% of all muslims agree with the goals and philosophy of ISIS. It's not a "tiny minority of extremists" as leftist apologists always try to claim.

DardySingh360

Premiership Player
Mar 16, 2011
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
I dunno, he's just a kid. If he's as smart as he claims to be, once he grows up, sees the world a bit and opens his horizons, he might realise that the place is not as black and white as he once thought. You'd hope so anyway because holding a vicseral hate in your heart for a group of people isn't healthy for anyone.

I may be young of years, but I've a wealth of knowledge most men could only dream of gathering in their lifetimes.

DardySingh360

Premiership Player
Mar 16, 2011
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
Then how about you demonstrate it and try to display an understanding of the situation beyond all teh muzzies are evil. Because at the moment you are coming across as a naive and frightened child.

Gough, if you had read my postings properly you know I speak out against Islam, not Moslems as individuals.

pokerspiv

Premiership Player
Jun 23, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yes, because religionofpeace.com doesn't have an agenda or a bias in its narrative. Got it.

Figures are taken from reputable polling companies and links are provided to view them. Which would be preferable to putting your hands over your ears and repeating "LALALALA".

Never denied that some supported it. I find localised surveys highly problematic, particularly when they are presented cunningly as a clump by a website with such an obvious slant to it.

There is a striking irony in accusing someone of doing the hands over ears routine while quoting that website though. That website is the very definition of people doing exactly that- extrapolates and twists information completely and solely to meet a pre-conceived idea, and ignores anything to the contrary.

Fundamentally there is not a need to for one's position to be so polar. As in, either you think Islam is the root of all evil, or you're a crazy loony lefty who ignores all of its shortcomings while jumping up and down about apparently irrelevant and unimportant stuff.

It's entirely possible to sit somewhere between the two extreme oscillations. Do I like how women in general are treated in Islam? No, I don't. Then again, I don't like Catholicism's treatment of women either, really.

But I also think, regardless of what a couple of polls say, that it is ludicrous to generalise as much as some do. And the attempt to equate questioning broad brush generalisations with active or even tacit support of a disgusting practice like FGM is cynical in the extreme, and very intellectually dishonest.

Ruck Machine

Premiership Player
May 14, 2007
Reality
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Utah Jazz

pokerspiv

Premiership Player
Jun 23, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fundamentally there is not a need to for one's position to be so polar. As in, either you think Islam is the root of all evil, or you're a crazy loony lefty who ignores all of its shortcomings while jumping up and down about apparently irrelevant and unimportant stuff..

Religion and Ideology is the root of most evil in the world, and Islam is the worst current example of either. Nobody really believes in Communism or Nazism any more. Islam is pretty much the biggest threat to world peace that exists today. All other religions have given up on imperialism and forced conversions hundreds of years ago. But not Islam.

Floor Pie

Cancelled
May 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
The problem being is that this is far from the first time that the poster in question has tried this on.

The last one was from the BNP in the UK, (a known racist political party), with a similar hate filled message, which came on his FB feed.

Again, he tried to tar all Muslims with it, and cried blue murder when he got called for it.

Most people here at least ATTEMPT to see both sides of an issue, however this guy and a couple of others are just conducting a racist smear campaign that has been ongoing for the past 3-4 months.
3XFXPN9.jpg

Floor Pie

Cancelled
May 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Never denied that some supported it. I find localised surveys highly problematic, particularly when they are presented cunningly as a clump by a website with such an obvious slant to it.

There is a striking irony in accusing someone of doing the hands over ears routine while quoting that website though. That website is the very definition of people doing exactly that- extrapolates and twists information completely and solely to meet a pre-conceived idea, and ignores anything to the contrary.

Fundamentally there is not a need to for one's position to be so polar. As in, either you think Islam is the root of all evil, or you're a crazy loony lefty who ignores all of its shortcomings while jumping up and down about apparently irrelevant and unimportant stuff.

It's entirely possible to sit somewhere between the two extreme oscillations. Do I like how women in general are treated in Islam? No, I don't. Then again, I don't like Catholicism's treatment of women either, really.

But I also think, regardless of what a couple of polls say, that it is ludicrous to generalise as much as some do. And the attempt to equate questioning broad brush generalisations with active or even tacit support of a disgusting practice like FGM is cynical in the extreme, and very intellectually dishonest.
pr0gramm-9ab88c5e14006163.gif

Any questions, dardy?

Back