Abbott Leadership challenge - "Et tu, Turnbull?" - 14/9/15

Remove this Banner Ad

So, now with the benefit of hindsight, the gloating (some of the gloating) out of the way, time for analysis.

What was the point you realised Abbott was done?

For me it was the point I had dinner with my old boy and told him the Prime Minister ate an onion with the skin on the day previously. At first he thought I'd meant one of my friends had eaten a raw onion and he was appalled, then I told him it was the Prime Minister as part of a press event for Tasmanian vegetable growers and there was an incredibly odd silence. No laughter just a weird shrug.

The small things. Like eating an onion.
When he said the best thing he did as minister for woman was get rid of the carbon tax

Cliffs?

Knights, and Dames. Epitomised everything that was wrong about his vision of the future.

What was his first lie; did it relate to the Sub program?

Lost me there - you can't campaign in integrity and honesty and then discard both of them.

s**t like the Dames/Knights and Bishop just reinforced it - he has zero judgement and awareness.

Turnbull is merely an inspirational figure to continue pushing the same failed agenda of the Liberal party. He's a puppet, with the party pulling the strings. And people changing their votes due to his face are daft.

I disagree, and I think you'll find the balance of power within the Party is going to shift back towards the Moderates and (real) Liberals.

Fingers crossed, anyway.

Now there is a meeting of minds!
Actually it was very interesting, very little about Labor almost all about Turnbull.
Amazing the old clips he had dug up about him, climate change, supporting Labor and the classic one was where Turnbull in Parliament stating how sad it was to see Rudd removed from office in the manner that Labor did.
Really must view. Bolt for one will not give him an easy ride.

Edit:
Interesting article about Credlin in The Sun today, a book is possible and she has been asked to be a political commentator for Sky.

I think the main thing that hurt Abbott was the budget.

I mean, he kept his election promises (stopped the boats, got rid of the carbon tax) and he lead Australia in the investigation of the downed Malaysia airlines plane.

But it was the Budget. Not because it was too hard. It needed to be hard. The country is massively in debt.

Fact. The Howard govt left office with a massive surplus.
Fact. The next year, it was all gone, when Rudd spent it on pink batts and $900 cheques given for no reason.
Fact. Gillard spent even more on useless school buildings which were never used.

So, people voted the Coalition back in, partly to get the Budget back into balance. But the problem is, all the welfare bludgers and people who were suddenly getting more money since the ALP came in, didn't want to give it back.

Abbott's Budget met "the age of entitlement".

Why should we expect any less from Australian people, many of who are massively in debt on their credit cards, to not understand why Australia has to start paying back their creditors.

Voters' attitudes pretty much go like this "I want the govt to look after me, but I shouldn't spend a cent on helping them to do it".

This country is headed the way of Greece, because any attempt to get the Budget back in surplus is met with resistance from the greedy, who expect everything and give little back. Any attempt to curb welfare is met with poor polls, and those trying to change things are met with resistance.

Turnbull craves acceptance, so he won't do anything to arrest the debt either, because as long as people have a job for themselves, then screw the country and let it sink under the weight of debt. As long as you are okay, that is all that counts, am I right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turnbull is merely an inspirational figure to continue pushing the same failed agenda of the Liberal party. He's a puppet, with the party pulling the strings. And people changing their votes due to his face are daft.
I'm not so sure, as the latest reshuffle is by someone who is trying to carve out his own authority and direction and not that of someone beholden to the factions or puppeteers

You are spot on bro but you wont get two many likes from the pinko lefties around here.

And neither should he because it is just dribbling nonsense. It might as well have been copy pasted from the IPA website.

It focuses on public debt as if it is the biggest problem, whereas any reasonable person that has thought about the issue (well thought about the issue more than watching a 2 minute Tony Abbott media soundbitefest) realises that public debt is the symptom of the wider economic problem not the cause.

To say Abbott "kept all his promises" just shows how ridiculous a poster he/she was.

Debt and deficit, stopped the boats, scrapped the carbon tax, school halls, pink batts, Howard surplus, age of entitlement, heading the way of Greece...........was disappointed you couldnt slip in union rorts/rackets/ripoffs and death cult. Your neo-liberal fascist parrotting needs some work.

Last edited:
And neither should he because it is just dribbling nonsense. It might as well have been copy pasted from the IPA website.

It focuses on public debt as if it is the biggest problem, whereas any reasonable person that has thought about the issue (well thought about the issue more than watching a 2 minute Tony Abbott media soundbitefest) realises that public debt is the symptom of the wider economic problem not the cause.

To say Abbott "kept all his promises" just shows how ridiculous a poster he/she was.

Debt and deficit, stopped the boats, scrapped the carbon tax, school halls, pink batts, Howard surplus, age of entitlement, heading the way of Greece...........was disappointed you couldnt slip in union rorts/rackets/ripoffs and death cult. Your neo-liberal faschist parrotting needs some work.
Pinko lefties not sure what that means but I do know the definition of someone from the 'right' - ignorant morons?

p.s. Has anyone been reading Bernadi and Bolt's tantrums about starting another conservative party and gone, errr join Family First, or any other of the many Christian democratic parties?

You will not be missed by anyone except the branch stackers.

Not sure if posted already by it deserves the double even so.

http://stopturnbull.com/

The meltdown continues NSWCROW

Anyone long enough in the tooth to remember the context of the Review headline "THIS MAN RAPES HOUSEWIVES" ???

I came across that too (the stop Turnbull site). His argument is a touch unhinged, but it will make a handy little resource for some posters here. And Bernardi and the far right of the Liberal Party threatening to split:
http://www.theguardian.com/australi...liberal-party-split-over-malcolm-turnbull-win

This Turnbull deal has the potential to really * up the Liberal Party. Pop corn, please!

I came across that too (the stop Turnbull site). His argument is a touch unhinged, but it will make a handy little resource for some posters here. And Bernardi and the far right of the Liberal Party threatening to split:
http://www.theguardian.com/australi...liberal-party-split-over-malcolm-turnbull-win

This Turnbull deal has the potential to really **** up the Liberal Party. Pop corn, please!

It seemed like the poster had started with the intention of neutrality, but as he delved further in to topics that required political judgement he completely lost the plot and just started abusing him. Odd stuff about the "cesspool of multiculturalism" that links to Australian Patriot videos etc.

Nope no sniping or bloodletting here.

I do love the expression exclusive beachside interview though.

In an exclusive beachside interview by the Daily Telegraph yesterday, Mr Abbott said the public had been “badly misled” by Mr Morrison, who last week claimed he had tried to warn Mr Abbott about the plot to oust him.

“Not true not true … Scott never warned anyone, certainly he never warned me,” Mr Abbott told the newspaper while out for a surf near his home in Sydney’s Manly.

“I spoke to him on Friday, not a hint of a warning, so I’m afraid Scott badly misled people. He badly misled people.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back