Abbott Leadership challenge - "Et tu, Turnbull?" - 14/9/15

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope no sniping or bloodletting here.

I do love the expression exclusive beachside interview though.

In an exclusive beachside interview by the Daily Telegraph yesterday, Mr Abbott said the public had been “badly misled” by Mr Morrison, who last week claimed he had tried to warn Mr Abbott about the plot to oust him.

“Not true not true … Scott never warned anyone, certainly he never warned me,” Mr Abbott told the newspaper while out for a surf near his home in Sydney’s Manly.

“I spoke to him on Friday, not a hint of a warning, so I’m afraid Scott badly misled people. He badly misled people.”
You know, I believe Abbott. After reading how Morrison came into politics don't trust him.

1st time i've ever watched FOUR CORNERS last night ( i think )
Made popcorn and all.

Peter Costello needs to let go of the hate before it kills him ( He looked like s**t )
Bernadi - Those empty black eyes........
Barnaby - Possibly the smarmiest man on the planet.

1st time i've ever watched FOUR CORNERS last night ( i think )
Made popcorn and all.

Peter Costello needs to let go of the hate before it kills him ( He looked like s**t )
Bernadi - Those empty black eyes........
Barnaby - Possibly the smarmiest man on the planet.

I noticed that about Bernardi too. His eyes are dead. Not an ounce of compassion or feeling in them. A psychopath, of that there is no doubt.

I came across that too (the stop Turnbull site). His argument is a touch unhinged, but it will make a handy little resource for some posters here. And Bernardi and the far right of the Liberal Party threatening to split:
http://www.theguardian.com/australi...liberal-party-split-over-malcolm-turnbull-win

This Turnbull deal has the potential to really **** up the Liberal Party. Pop corn, please!

Good, Bernadi and Co can * off, it'd be the best thing to happen to the Liberals.

That Stop the Turnbull guy, I'm sure he had anti Rudd/Gillard s**t as well, saw FB stuff from him on my troll account, raging against abortion, homos, Turnbull etc.

Australia will suffer with Turnbull as PM.

This will be the ultimate case of "be careful what you ask for, because you might just get it".

Too much was read into the pre- Canning election figures. I don't know why they thought they would ever lose Canning.

Don Randall was a popular member of his electorate.
It was a safe Liberal seat.
An army guy was the Liberal candidate. People have a lot of time for those who serve, and this guy would have won regardless.

I believe that Tunbull lied about the possibility of the Libs losing Canning, because he knew that, if Abbott was still PM post-Canning, and they won anyway, then Abbott would go to the next election as PM.

Also, if people had voted in a toad like Shorten, who stabbed two prime ministers in the back, as preferred PM, then the Australian voters have very short memories, as nothing that Abbott has done is as bad as the Rudd-Gillard travesty. If the Australian voters are stupid enough to vote back in ALP so soon, then you deserve bad government, because you would be fools.

You realise they conduct their own internal polling, right?

They don't just go,"s**t guys, Malcolm says we will lose Canning, we better act!!"

Their was a very significant swing against the Liberals at Canning, and their own internal polling would've forecast it, probably worse, and a disaster at the next election.

Abbott was s**t - this is for the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from the fact it's probably like a 95/5 to 99/1 split between DV against women vs dv against men, sure.
I wouldn't bother arguing with him. The guy is incapable of making an intellectual argument that extends beyond the first paragraph of a Wikipedia entry.

lolololololol :drunk::drunk::drunk::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...urnbull-news-corp-australia-andrew-bolt-audio

Mr Mitchell told The Australian in response that the readers of Bolt's blog were different from The Australian's core demographic.

"Bolt's audience includes many conservative retirees whereas The Australian's readership is younger, rich, better educated and working in legal, political or the business community," he said. "These people don't read the Tele or Bolt."

Mr Bolt told Mr Price on air:..."I think some of these things lately have been a bit unprincipled and unprofessional. But I have a lot of respect for The Australian and it should be the centre-right newspaper of the country.

"But, to suddenly reinvent itself, reporting to be the hipster one of the Turnbull class is a bit of a laugh considering some of the campaigns it's waged lately."

http://www.smh.com.au/business/medi...as-bolt-attacks-mitchell-20150922-gjsczb.html

So much meme material. WHY DON'T CONSERVATIVES UNDERSTAND THE STUPID THINGS THEY SAY MAKE SUCH GOOD INTERNET!!!

Last edited:
(a) hardly an impartial site your quoting there
It's fully referenced to ABS data. There is no more 'impartial' source even though the ABS data collection methods could be improved (refer to the number of interviews for men vs women)
(b) What is the break down of blokes who have been killed or seriously injured as a result of domestic violence versus woman.
Have a read and discover for yourself:
http://www.oneinthree.com.au/overview/

(b) What is the break down of blokes who have been killed or seriously injured as a result of domestic violence versus woman.
Old data, have seen that link referenced everywhere.

TluZnPE.jpg

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

TluZnPE.jpg

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Maggie has taught me that this entire image can just be dismissed by the words "old data"

Nonetheless, “In 2009-10, adult victims included 25,296 females…compared with 6,992 males” does not equal 95-99% of victims are women :drunk:

In the us murder rate for women by intimate partners is 30% of all cases ( this is a subset I suppose may not include EXs). The equivalent for males is 3%. It does not distinguish the sex of the intimate partner either so it could be lower still for males if you want to take out same sex intimate partners.

I say this because the australian stats say that 73% of male domestic violence is by other males.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back