Abbott; the GP co-payment and related backflip(s)

Remove this Banner Ad

So its over to no solutions Shorten then, hows he plan to keep our sustainable health system from falling over remembering that Labor and the Greens sent Australia broke? Even the ALP agrees that the debt and deficit (they created) needs something done to fix it, but not one solution except the usual - tax the iron ore and coal miners, (oops they are all going down the gurgler because prices have dropped); tax the oil companies, (oops they are going down the gurgler because oil has nose dived); tax the rich, (oops Abbott has already done that plus the real rich have had their income and net worth slashed); tax the? hang on, there isn't anyone left because the remainder are on one type of welfare or the other. Oh well lets just put it on the credit card tab then huh?
You're sounding tired and disillusioned,don't even believe the value of your own trolling anymore.
Where's that hyperbolic zest for misrepresentation you had when you were younger??

We will see how much of a structural problem it is when the debt blows out to $90b in 2015/2016 because of falling mining revenues!
I would be more concerned about consumer spending.

Time to close tax loopholes, police evasion, cut upper middle handouts and the debt non issue, will be lessened.

I still stick by the opinion that the housing market and lack of economic diversity pose far bigger long term problems

We will see how much of a structural problem it is when the debt blows out to $90b in 2015/2016 because of falling mining revenues!

I've cashed out of AUD and taking a huge punt it will continue to fall. So I hope you're right.

Time to close tax loopholes, police evasion, cut upper middle handouts and the debt non issue, will be lessened.

I still stick by the opinion that the housing market and lack of economic diversity pose far bigger long term problems

consumption is the solution! lol

So its over to no solutions Shorten then, hows he plan to keep our sustainable health system from falling over remembering that Labor and the Greens sent Australia broke? Even the ALP agrees that the debt and deficit (they created) needs something done to fix it, but not one solution except the usual - tax the iron ore and coal miners, (oops they are all going down the gurgler because prices have dropped); tax the oil companies, (oops they are going down the gurgler because oil has nose dived); tax the rich, (oops Abbott has already done that plus the real rich have had their income and net worth slashed); tax the? hang on, there isn't anyone left because the remainder are on one type of welfare or the other. Oh well lets just put it on the credit card tab then huh?

If the ALP are responsible for the GEC, then the LNP are equally responsible for the massive drop in world commodity prices.

Why cant you use your massive intellect in a more even handed, less bitter & petty party political way? How about some proper discussion instead of the continual negative right wing & very selective diatribes you pump in?

I'm sure you can do better:rolleyes:

You are not shy about being a tit.

Nearly 70% of the economy is the service economy. This has little to do with solutions, and more the unfortunate reality that consumer confidence and consumer spending are key to our economic health.

consumption! lol

no wonder you're into free s**t

If the ALP are responsible for the GEC, then the LNP are equally responsible for the massive drop in world commodity prices.

Why cant you use your massive intellect in a more even handed, less bitter & petty party political way? How about some proper discussion instead of the continual negative right wing & very selective diatribes you pump in?

I'm sure you can do better:rolleyes:

The ALP are not responsible for the GEC but they are responsible for how the responded to the GEC

Just as the LNP are failing to cut expenditure and reform taxation now

I don't agree with closing tax loopholes. It is a spending problem, not a revenue problem!

Your posts are making less and less sense.

I have asked before, but are you high on prescription meds?

I would have thought productivity was the measure.

consumption.....lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:rolleyes:

Revenue was never the problem. Spending is. It is out of control. But don't worry, revenue will be a major problem as well in the near future!
Revenue is absolutely the problem.

Spending isn't out of control, nor is debt necessarily bad. Who holds the debt is more important.

But I agree, there is room for spending cuts, plenty, outside of frontline services. Sadly, the super rort and housing bubble are politicaly untouchable

Revenue is absolutely the problem.

Spending isn't out of control, nor is debt necessarily bad. Who holds the debt is more important.

But I agree, there is room for spending cuts, plenty, outside of frontline services. Sadly, the super rort and housing bubble are politicaly untouchable
What is the super rort? I honestly don't know.

This has been discussed in detail before, however, a combination of super concessions and the way the system is exploited by the financial services industry, or fund managers, especially by managers of public service pension fund(s), is nothing short of a disgrace.

The issue with cutting frontline services is that it increases poverty, which has associated social costs, poorer health outcomes, increased crime etc. and shifts the debt burden, so lower spending and chellenges to the service economy, namely retail and hospitality

The ALP are not responsible for the GEC but they are responsible for how the responded to the GEC

Just as the LNP are failing to cut expenditure and reform taxation now

So they should have done nothing to keep the economy functioning?. The bulk of the economists of the time seemed happy with efforts to pump prime & maintain jobs. Certainly one could question the efficacy of some of their spending programs, but the 'after the event experts' are, well,just Ex spurts.:cool:

The LNP have plenty of scope to reform taxation without putting our health & social stability to the sword. We are a wealthy low tax nation, the figures show that relative to other nations. We could afford a reduction in middle class & corporate 'welfare'.

To keep the 'RAbbid' right happy I'd be supportive of 'learn or help the community' programs if no jobs are available. Reciprocal obligations are fine, but I dont like this Guments method of class driven 'Vitriolic obligation'. Its just nasty & will not achieve a healthy community, economically or othewise!. Splitting the community & causing division for purely ideological reasons is simply gutless & nasty.

Australians respect fairness. Clearly Abbott doesn't. Nor is he into a logical approach in his ideological drive. This health policy mess today is just so typical of the way they have gone about things. Is it Gument or a country dance 3 step?

Go back to Eaglesflyinghigh to whinge about Cousins, WCE06. Your forever moaning schtick doesn't need airing here.

Please tell me again why they should be paying excessive taxes on their investments/profits? :rolleyes:

"Don't forget to add 50% CGT exemption and negative gearing to the list of class thieving rorts. Oh and if you're on a 30% flat rort you can also dodge 17% in capital gains for an investment property that has absolutely nothing to do with your business! Not to mention the vehicle and claiming meals and a million other things. Talk about entitlement may as well give them every exemption if we haven't already.

Every small business earning over 80k in PROFIT is stealing 17% of their salary compared to everyone else. As well as claiming back all the 30% whilst everyone else can't even claim public transport to work and back on a 47% rate."

That's honestly the problem. Educate yourself on how these people contribute less to society than a struggling minimum wage earner who can't even afford to maintain a standard of living. In the case of super start with SMSF. Pig leaners with a sense of hierarchy (fair enough I'd also be financially intelligent and look into an SMSf myself only seeing as everyone does it... but how dare these contemptible freeloaders condemn from those from whom they steal). It's an absolute joke for someone on super concessions to condemn those on welfare.

However you'd probably remarkably agree with the concept of those on 6 figure incomes only paying a 15% rate equivalent to a 37k PAYG income with no future prospects.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back