Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Do SEN have a schedule for their AFL coverage like a number of the other stations have?

I can usually work it out but it is good to know which game is being covered and by whom.

Is Brain Taylor back at Triple M?

listened with interest today. BT was quite belittling of AW saying he learnt a lot about the history of footy, but nothing about current day Ay Eff Ell Football. of course the others at MMM goaded him about why he left, and encouraged and enabled the piss taking of AW. but BT didnt defend his former employer at all, only to say they are nice people.

listened with interest today. BT was quite belittling of AW saying he learnt a lot about the history of footy, but nothing about current day Ay Eff Ell Football.

one could argue he still knows nothing about current day AFL football, especially the players' names

daniel anderson

Senior List
Jan 27, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
funny thing if matt hill was calling a game on abc and bt and luke darcy were calling the same game on 7 i would listen to matt hill instead because bt is a idot but luke darcy has to be a good caller same thing if dwayne was calling on fox i would listen to abc

10Dulkar

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2013
Kardinia Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm not sure I prefer ABC's new Sunday Huddle to the old Sunday Inquisition especially as the new show seems to be shorter and has no Gerard Whateley. That said, there was some lively discussion throughout.

Bristol

Team Captain
Feb 22, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
what game is he doing?
Saturday night

who was that guy calling with Drew at the bullodgs eagles game for 6pr?
I believe that was Adam Papalia.

listening to the highlights of bulldogs eagles who is the other guy working with matt hill?
Francis Leach. Nathan Burke, Shannon Grant and Martin Blake were specials/boundary

adam and matt at geeelong
I don't think Gerard will miss an opportunity to see his Cats play down at Kardinia :p

Bristol

Team Captain
Feb 22, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm not sure I prefer ABC's new Sunday Huddle to the old Sunday Inquisition especially as the new show seems to be shorter and has no Gerard Whateley. That said, there was some lively discussion throughout.
Yeah, Inquisition was a much better program. That being said, the Saturday Agenda is still around which follows a semi-similar format, and Gerard hosts it.

Not quite as analytical as the Inquisition though.

Sep 5, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
It's definitely not as good as the Sunday Inquistion. Nathan Burke I find to be a little annoying, Stan Alves was really good. Scott Gullan doesn't really know a great deal about the actual game of football. Francis Leach is more of a soccer fan. So I don't find this to be as good also. Gerard so busy with all his shows, probably doing Offsiders he can't commit to it anymore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

daniel anderson

Senior List
Jan 27, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
It's definitely not as good as the Sunday Inquistion. Nathan Burke I find to be a little annoying, Stan Alves was really good. Scott Gullan doesn't really know a great deal about the actual game of football. Francis Leach is more of a soccer fan. So I don't find this to be as good also. Gerard so busy with all his shows, probably doing Offsiders he can't commit to it anymore
i have heard Francis Leach do footy is he as good as Gerard or Adam or Drew or Dan

Bristol

Team Captain
Feb 22, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
why would abc cover the 1.45pm game shouldn't they be covering the crows demons game instead?
They do. ABC cover pretty much every game. It just depends on where you live as to what you hear on the radio. People in Melbourne heard the Carl-Ess call, people in Adelaide heard the Crows match. You can listen to either online.

It means that SEN were the only Melbourne-based station doing the Crows-Dees match

daniel anderson

Senior List
Jan 27, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
but if you heard Francis Leach calling the Power Roos game he did a good job though he is a big soccer fan got excited about goals same thing with Matt Hill

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
This "more of a soccer fan" criticism of Francis Leach is the most ridiculous thing I've heard. It's as though one can't possibly be a fan of more than one footy code.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back