FTA-TV ABC1 NYE 2013- uproar or storm in a tea cup?

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't seen it but everyone who watched it says it was terrible.

That being said, it seems odd that the new years eve fireworks would attract such press. It's hardly like it's a really significant event.

Off topic but JUBJUB how did you come up with your name?

The only Jubjub I know was when my kid used to watch High 5 circa 2004-6.

Simpsons reference possibly? It's Patty or Selma's iguana's name.

tumblr_ley1y5OUG11qftfaz.jpg

After some research, and many years later, it is 'Jup Jup'.

And I must have missed the edition of Kelli in 'RALPH'...

http://lanicom.tumblr.com/post/2725731464/hi-5-members-where-are-you-now

I saw a few minutes here and there and it seemed pretty s**t, but most of the complaints in that article seem pretty petty. So Richard Wilkins was compared to a block of wood? Does even he give a s**t?

It was woeful.

Why a show about seeing in the New Year needs to be politicized only the bell ends at the ABC can tell us I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it was as bad as it gets. It was just as bad as Channel 10's efforts - even forgetting the fact the standards of the ABC should be slightly higher than Channel 10.

Hosts were no good - and one did seem drunk. And yes they even cross promoted. The only good music was Pete Murray right at the start - the wannabe Kiss tribute band were ordinary.

If you don't have enough content to fill the time between fireworks, put on something else.

Why on earth would anyone care?

If you're watching tele on NYE, it's leaning towards the "get a life" category (dependent upon your life situation, of course), but if you're genuinely put out by the apparent lack of quality television on NYE, then you're definitely in the "get a life" category.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back