About the area ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know nuffin of yers' footy up there ... I saw a match at Appin once about 20 years ago but that's it.

But I had been up that way a few times as a kid when the old man took me fishing.

Always been a big fan of the Murray, and we had great trips up Yungera/Belsar Island, and also once headed out towards the Edwards/Murray junction (downstream end) where there was an odd village that has never appeared on any map I've seen since.

Also had been out to Moulamein and Kyalite, and once saw a tiny hamlet on the road to one of these. Wondering if anyone can help me identify it. Forgive me if all the info is wrong though cos it was ages ago! :D

I reckon it was either ion the Piangil-Kyalite Road, or the Swan Hill to Moulamein Rd. My money is on the latter.

I think the place really only had about one building, possibly private but I think it was public eg school/church/hall. Possibly closed? I think it would have been on the left as heading towards Moulamein (or towards Kyalite).

I also reckon there was a sign denoting the location, aboriginal town name (yeah I know that doesn't narrow it down much), and the sign was one of those that had the name on both sides because the place wasn't big enough to have two ends to it!

I always end up with a weird idea that the name of the place was something like "Carool". BUT I may be mistaken because I live these days near a street called "Carool" and that may have corrupted my memory.

I just realised that a #3 possibility for the road, may have been Barham-Wakool.

If anyone has a clue, I'd love to hear their thoughts! I may of course have dreamt all this cos it was approx 20 years ago, maybe longer!

Also, we had relations who once ran a pub in Kerang (on crossroad with centre thing, maybe called "Commercial Hotel"? I am sure it had tenancies/rooms on second floor, and when we were there (ages ago, maybe 25 years back), it suffered flooding (I think from heavy rain) and the lounge area was basically awash.

I remember a dirty great cod on the wall of a pub in (I think) Koondrook, too. Hmm and a water tower near the entrance to Kerang?

Well that's enough boring the bejeezus out of yers. Carry on :)

I know nuffin of yers' footy up there ... I saw a match at Appin once about 20 years ago but that's it.

But I had been up that way a few times as a kid when the old man took me fishing.

Always been a big fan of the Murray, and we had great trips up Yungera/Belsar Island, and also once headed out towards the Edwards/Murray junction (downstream end) where there was an odd village that has never appeared on any map I've seen since.

Also had been out to Moulamein and Kyalite, and once saw a tiny hamlet on the road to one of these. Wondering if anyone can help me identify it. Forgive me if all the info is wrong though cos it was ages ago! :D

I reckon it was either ion the Piangil-Kyalite Road, or the Swan Hill to Moulamein Rd. My money is on the latter.

I think the place really only had about one building, possibly private but I think it was public eg school/church/hall. Possibly closed? I think it would have been on the left as heading towards Moulamein (or towards Kyalite).

I also reckon there was a sign denoting the location, aboriginal town name (yeah I know that doesn't narrow it down much), and the sign was one of those that had the name on both sides because the place wasn't big enough to have two ends to it!

I always end up with a weird idea that the name of the place was something like "Carool". BUT I may be mistaken because I live these days near a street called "Carool" and that may have corrupted my memory.

I just realised that a #3 possibility for the road, may have been Barham-Wakool.

If anyone has a clue, I'd love to hear their thoughts! I may of course have dreamt all this cos it was approx 20 years ago, maybe longer!

Also, we had relations who once ran a pub in Kerang (on crossroad with centre thing, maybe called "Commercial Hotel"? I am sure it had tenancies/rooms on second floor, and when we were there (ages ago, maybe 25 years back), it suffered flooding (I think from heavy rain) and the lounge area was basically awash.

I remember a dirty great cod on the wall of a pub in (I think) Koondrook, too. Hmm and a water tower near the entrance to Kerang?

Well that's enough boring the bejeezus out of yers. Carry on :)
Just got back from a fishin trip out at Cunninyeuk on the neimur near Mallan School

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back