AC/DC

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Couldnt find another dedicated AC/DC thread so here we are, just read the news Malcom Young is in hospital, knew he was crook, hope he's on the mend.

The New Daily ‏@TheNewDaily_ 1h
AC/DC’s Malcolm Young in hospital, says Johnson http://bit.ly/1jfn8Y2 #musicnews

Good news is that a new album is on it's way. I know it's very unlikely we will ever see them returns to their heights but all the same, looking forward to a listen.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sounds like Stevie Young is back on board, first time since the mid 80's. Hope he plays the Gretsch so the sound is the same! I'm going to start saving my pennies now so I can get to as many shows as possible. Saw them twice in Melbourne in 2010 (and one in Adelaide on their 2001 tour) but missed the Adelaide show in an attempt to save $150...I regret it now haha.

footy75

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
This band is the greatest rock band ever.... They are more appreciated and worshipped overseas than they are here...When I was in South America every time I said I was Australian they would say ACDC!!!!

Still the greatest live concert I have ever seen.

It is all coming to an end...this next tour will be the last...I will go in Adelaide and Melbourne.
And I do fear the energy just wont be there as it was.

Still Rock and Roll. Respect.

footy75

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't know...put rock or bust on loud with some quality speakers...that is a kick arse song...

Simple and powerful.. love it. As for the rest of the album haven't given it a red hot go yet.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Rock is Bust is a great song, probably the best on the album

Which is a little disappointing, and features inconsistent sound and production (like Black Ice)

Not a fan of their current producer.

It brings Rock and Roll to the table. What else could you want?

It just sounds very formulaic and other than for the lyrics, a producer may have well just rehashed older tunes for the same net result.

O.K. I'm being unfair but even straight forward rock and rollers may want their meal to taste just a little different from time to time......................maybe not.
I don't know.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
It just sounds very formulaic and other than for the lyrics, a producer may have well just rehashed older tunes for the same net result.

O.K. I'm being unfair but even straight forward rock and rollers may want their meal to taste just a little different from time to time......................maybe not.
I don't know.

Nah, they do, it's fair... but this is AC/DC. There's plenty of rock bands that have developed and grown/changed to fit that, then there's some who have just refined. AC/DC have refined, and it is an awesome refinement.
AC/DC fanatics can hear and feel the difference though, that might be something others can't understand. No AC/DC fan will have the same favourite album and same list of favourite songs, there are differences, however minor, nuances in the music, that can appeal to people differently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
On the 3rd listen now... It is a bit harder than the previous 3 releases, but will have to compare. Definitely more the rock side of "blues rock"

There's some great riffs. Rock or Bust, Miss Adventure and Sweet Candy probably have the best riffs. Really liking Rock the Blues Away. Not sure where it fits in terms of a placing compared to other albums as it sounds quite different to most of them.

No AC/DC fan will have the same favourite album and same list of favourite songs

This is true. Not sure how many AC/DC fans would have Flick of the Switch in their top 5 or 6 albums, but I do - it has some really cracking tracks.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Haven't heard this one yet, but I think most of their recent albums would've sunk without trace if they weren't made by AC/DC. Noticed several songs clocking at under 3 minutes, perhaps an attempt to break the "formulaic" mould mentioned above.

Get the feeling this might be the last one, don't think they'll continue to record unless they can tour. If you've heard one Brian Johnson live album you've heard them all, and I don't think there are many (any?) professionally-recorded Bon-era shows in the can.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
This is true. Not sure how many AC/DC fans would have Flick of the Switch in their top 5 or 6 albums, but I do - it has some really cracking tracks.

Their heaviest album and has improved with age. Not sure I'd say that about any other Brian Johnson album, except maybe BIB which has attained legendary status.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flick of the Switch and Fly on the Wall both have some hidden gems, out of the 2 I'll take Fly. I'll actually take Fly over any 80s album bar BIB

footy75

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton

I do...this defines why they re the greatest rock and roll band ever...

It's beautiful if u have good speakers or quality headphones. Great voice, great riff...powerful.

This was the time when the rest of the musicians were wearing spandex...not theses lads... jeans and t shirts and just getting it done. And nothing has changed. Respect.

footy75

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
I heard towards end of 2015...but nothing is set in stone

I will attend both Melbourne and Adelaide concerts to see these legends for the final time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back